Best Posts in Forum: Kendrick Lamar

1. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

Jul 28, 2017

PistolPistol, efuru, Cynic and 25 others like this.
    PistolPistol, efuru, Cynic and 25 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Curtis Lamar Jackson Jr

Apr 5, 2017
    - Listen from the first track of Me Against The World to final track of To p---- a Butterfly, the albums transition smoothly.

- Me Against The World released on March 14, 1995.To p---- a Butterfly released on March 15, 2015. Exactly 20 years later (and another day).

- Pac is the caterpillar that never became the butterfly and he was aware that he would never make it to a butterfly (hence the track If I Die 2nite). Pac is the caterpillar desperately trying to break out of the cocoon (Me Against The World title track) and Kendrick asks him for his perspective in Mortal Man, but Pac is not alive anymore to give his answers and it is up to Kendrick to take it to the next level.

- TPAB was originally to be called To p---- a Caterpillar [To P a C = Tupac] confirming the connections in my previous statement.

- Shed So Many Tears = U; both mourn about not being there for their loved ones and are going through suicidal thoughts.

- To p---- a Butterfly album art gives a new meaning to Me Against The World too (basically carrying Pac's legacy for his community). That is why King Kendrick is carrying a baby in his arms! That baby symbolizes the f---ing legacy! It's Kendrick's job to make sure it grows.

-
    Dear Mama = Track 9; Momma = Track 9

- Temptations = These Walls; both after a girl who already has a man. King Kendrick also recites I remember you was conflicted in the beginning of These Walls and in the end of his album it is revealed he's talking to Pac. But in the track Can U Get Away, 2Pac uses his influence for good cause the girl's man ain't treating her right.

- Death Around The Corner = i (kendrick's spoken interlude); In the beginning of Death Around The Corner, before the song technically begins, the little kid mentions about daddy and gun by the window (reference to Malcolm X's iconic photo s---t for Ebony Magazine = https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/Malcolmxm1carbine3gr.gif ) and Kendrick talks about n----s tired of playing victims dawg. We could save that save that s---, this for the kids bro. Death Around The Corner also talks about a caterpillars continued risk of death. Kendrick says yan-yan, how many we done lost? No for real, answer the question how many n----s we done lost bro? (so this not only refers to the deaths around the time of Black Lives Matter Movement but also connects to 2Pac's and Malcolm X's death). Malcolm X was a victim of [killed by] Nation of Islam (BLACK KILLING BLACK, which kendrick wants to stop in the spoken interlude) and he inspired both 2Pac and Kendrick.

- Mortal Man is self explanatory (Kendrick does mention Malcolm X a couple of times though [Detroit Red] ). Kendrick Lamar once said in an interview that Malcolm X's autobiography changed his life.

- If I Die 2nite and Wesley's Theory are both first songs on the album and they both feature or have a sample of Dr. Dre's voice. Wesley's Theory also mentions about sniping yo a--- before 35, a double meaning, the intro before if I Die 2nite mentions 2Pac's shooting. Wesley's Theory plays the roles of both intro and If I Die 2nite.

- In the music video of Dear Mama, Afeni Shakur is in jail because she was a high ranking member of the Black Panther Party, formed after the death of Malcolm X, she was pregnant with Pac. In the Blacker the Berry Kendrick Lamar also talks about preaching with the panthers. (sort of related; Black the Berry the sweet the juice is a reference to 2Pac's single Keep Ya Head Up; Blacker the Berry the deeper the roots). 2Pac is black and his roots with the Black Panther party and connection to Malcolm X run deep. Kendrick is admiring the sweet juice, if ya know what I mean.

- Hood Politics = f--- The World

- Young Niggaz = Insitutionalized; They are both preaching to the youth to leave the gangster hood mentality behind; example: 2Pac saying You could be a f---in' accountant, not a dope dealer, you pimpin' out here You could be a lawyer (really doe) n----s gotta get they priorities straight. example: Kendrick; s--- don't change until you get up and wash yo' a---, n----- s--- don't change until you get up and wash yo' a---, boy s--- don't change until you get up and wash yo' a---, n-----. 2Pac: I'm tellin' you.... to be young, have your brains and have every limb and all that Yo, y'all n----s don't know how good you really do got it Muh'f---ers need to just calm down And peep what the f--- they wanna do for the rest of the life 'Fore you end your life before you begin your life You dumb n-----.

*** Bonus Connection***

This interview was recorded in 1994, Me Against The World was released in 1995. So this means that the album must have been in recording phase around this time. At 6:53 onwards they discuss about being pimped and 2Pac talks about many other stuff that you can connect to Kendrick's TPAB state of mind. This interview also summarizes Me Against The World.

***Confirmation***
    In the intro of DUCKWORTH. the final track of Kendrick's new album d---. he says It was always me versus the world

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. Ape

Ape

Mar 23, 2017

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    shahidah, Cynic, CavalierTD and 25 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

Dec 23, 2015

@Lonelypalmtree is that u

Bout to change the title to [NEW] to f--- with SXN80

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Jul 28, 2015

Leader of the new school :wow5:

Apr 24, 2024
  6. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 24, 2017
    Drake and Kendrick do have quite a different audience I dont think More Life has any affect on the album.

Apr 24, 2024
  7. Mikey

Apr 11, 2017

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
    KLD3816, Gloku, dester23 and 23 others like this.
    KLD3816, Gloku, dester23 and 23 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Jordan

Jordan ⛴⛵️✈️

Mar 27, 2017
    hey guys

I've been listening to The Heart Pt. 4 and thought that the first part of the song feels pretty special, both beat- and vibes-wise.

So I've created a standalone version which has its own outro.

[​IMG]

In case you want it as well, simply like the OP and comment below

Have fun

lasiiik, khiem, Bojack and 23 others like this.
    lasiiik, khiem, Bojack and 23 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. Posh P

Dec 26, 2015
    Kendrick undoubtedly has great album covers that he is known for putting a lot of time and effort into. Over time I've come to notice two common themes between the album covers that you may find interesting and noteworthy. A lot of this stuff is very obvious but I thought it would be nice to bring it up for discussion anyway.

This is mainly in reference to his album covers since Section.80.

Conflicting Imagery
    Each album cover contains conflicting imagery or some form of juxtaposition. For example:
    [​IMG]
    • Section.80: The Section.80 cover shows a juxtaposition between being sinful and being righteous. The cover contains various items, including a crack pipe, bullets, condoms, drugs etc., that many people consider to be sinful and evil. In contrast, these things are right beside a Bible, which many people believe to be righteous, positive and sacred.
    [​IMG]
    • GKMC: The GKMC cover shows a juxtaposition between innocence and immorality/impurity. This is displayed with at least two things in this album art. Firstly, the beer bottle being so close to the baby bottle, with the beer bottle being seen as impure and the baby bottle being regarded as pure and unassociated with evil. Secondly, the relative holding young Kendrick is throwing up a g--- sign which represents immorality, but it is juxtaposed by a young Kendrick who at this stage in his life is just a child who represents innocence.
    [​IMG]
    • To p---- A Butterfly: The TPAB cover exhibits conflicting imagery of power. The cover presents an image of The White House, arguably the most politically powerful place on Earth, and a group of young black men from the ghetto, who would usually have no to very little political power. These powerless young men occupying the most powerful building in the world shows conflict and juxtaposition in the form of power struggle.
    Representation of songs
    Each of these album covers also have a direct representation of at least one song on the respective album. For example:
    • Section.80: The cover has weed sitting on top of the Bible which is directly portraying the song "Kush & Corinthians". Furthermore, the prescription tablets could refer to "A.D.H.D."; the bullets and crack pipe could refer to "Ronald Reagan Era"; and the condoms to both "Tammy's Song" and "Keisha's Song".
    • GKMC: The 40 ounce beer bottle directly represents the song "Swimming Pools" regarding Kendrick's family and friend's dependance on alcohol. Also, the g--- sign which is being thrown up by the man holding young Kendrick strongly portrays issues largely discussed in "Good Kid" and "M.A.A.D City", amongst other songs on the album where g--- issues are focused on.
    [​IMG]
    • GKMC Deluxe Edition: Also, on the deluxe cover, Kendrick's mother's van directly refers to the song "Sherane" and the various skits throughout the album where the van is mentioned, particularly by Kendrick's mother.
    • TPAB: This cover completely embodies the ideas behind the song "Hood Politics" where Kendrick talks about "DemoCRIPs and ReBLOODicans". The cover probably subtely represents other songs on the album too but the most clear connection is with "Hood Politics".
    [​IMG]
    • Overly Dedicated: I wasn't planning to really talk about Kendrick's mixtapes, but I've thought of another representation from Overly Dedicated. I've never been able to really make out what the creature on the front cover of OD actually is, but I'm guessing that it could be the female alien representing the girl from the song "Alien Girl". It might be a stretch, but it seems possible.

Sorry that this is a little lengthy, it actually went on longer than I anticipated...

Are there any themes or hidden messages that you've come across with Kendrick's albums? Are there any more things that you can think of that can connect them? Are more songs represented by the album artwork in subtle ways?

Let a brother know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Emon, bubrooskey10, what and 23 others like this.
    Emon, bubrooskey10, what and 23 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Jun 22, 2017
    [​IMG]

FINAL ROUND OVER

The last song to get eliminated from the game is Fear, quite comfortably in the end. Not gonna lie, after the first listen this was my favourite song, I just absolutely fell in love with that beat. I pretty much had a Big Quint-esque reaction, getting out my seat. The song definitely carries on a bit tho, the phone call at the end in kinda annoying. But overall its a great song and I'm proud that it made it far.

And the winner of the d---. Elimination Game is..........
    DUCKWORTH
    A great song honestly. It had quite an epic story to it as well which I love, as soon as the beat switched it got nasty, God d--- I can get down to this song I love it. I would've preferred Feel or Pride to win this game but Duckworth is a worthy one as well. Thank God Ducky is still alive.

[​IMG]
    Because if Anthony killed Ducky, Top Dawg could be servin' life
    While I grew up without a father and die in a gunfight

A big up to....
    @Ordinary Joel @Meero @SlimCartman @Rick James @Loser @Tha_Goat @KendrickD @Moondyne @Ape @Kais @VR46 @canyouduck @Xmipod @Mow The Red Panda @vro @Fazers @Mraczewsky @truthless @Machiavelli @Ghostface @Murder Mitten @TrxggerShot @WPG @sebastianzhakata @Yoda777 @asvdawg @MynameisHov @swr @apslim @NoRoleModelz @Pixel @icecube @barni92 @KnobodyKnows @Cpt @shahidah @TrillBill @Robz @The 44 @Swizz @Owl 2034 @Howie @RMK @SnubOne @Him Shadow @KXNG @NaKeD @Antman @BigCountry @Radeem @Interlude @VR46 @TimmyT @TylerWaves @RobTheDude @Perry The Platypus @KWO @Koolo @Groovy Tony @nineteen99 @Jacuzzi
    All of you guys are legend for participating in these games, a lot of you participated in the Kanye ones I did a while ago and it's great to see your faces again! :) These kind of threads are great fun for me and it also helps me digest the albums a bit more as I tend to listen to the remaining tracks more often.

Apr 24, 2024
  11. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Apr 11, 2017
    f--- u

i was just going to post this
    [​IMG]

artje, Cerrone, Skippy and 22 others like this.
    artje, Cerrone, Skippy and 22 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  12. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apr 14, 2017
    reported to the government for defacing US currensy

SHUDEYE, MERC, geezuz and 22 others like this.
    SHUDEYE, MERC, geezuz and 22 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Bojack

Apr 11, 2017
    12105814_10153442011244998_815390434447484889_n.png

Apr 24, 2024
  14. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Aug 4, 2016

ANOZ, OwI, crlk and 22 others like this.
    ANOZ, OwI, crlk and 22 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  15. Groovy Tony

Groovy Tony Grandma's baby Eddie Kane

Aug 4, 2016
    Bad troll

OwI, crlk, canyouduck and 22 others like this.
    OwI, crlk, canyouduck and 22 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. Xmipod

Apr 13, 2017
    Im starting a convo now. Like this to be added

Apr 24, 2024
  17. Lonelypalmtree

Nov 29, 2015
    " he's only 14 "

Do you think Q cares how old I am?

Apr 24, 2024
  18. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Mar 24, 2017
    This will be the album that firmly establishes Kendrick's position at top 10 of all time

jay47, Emfj, BART and 21 others like this.
    jay47, Emfj, BART and 21 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Mar 24, 2017
    Kookychick11 already sonned him
    upload_2017-3-24_18-32-25.jpeg

Apr 24, 2024
  20. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Mar 24, 2017
    Why do Drake fans have to bring up Kdot every thread

eddie, jay47, Emfj and 21 others like this.
    eddie, jay47, Emfj and 21 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024