Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Dec 8, 2014
    Just watched Fury. s--- was GOAT

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Resurrected like Jesus

Dec 8, 2014
    Pretty good film. Based on the Stull, Kansas urban legend of it being 1 of 7 gateways to h---.
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Dec 8, 2014
    I Killed My Mother (2009) (Dir. Xavier Dolan)
    A spry director takes an earnest film about a strained mother-son relationship and dresses it up considerably with creative decisions. The surreal clips that emphasize his anger or despair or state of being, the vivid photographs that denote a scene transition and set the atmosphere, the chest level camera, the Andersonesque neatness to the set, and an intention you can find in most every detail. The script offers us unrestrained truth that feels personal and takes its course naturally. For such an angry and often melodramatic snapshot of youth, it is beset on all sides by a mature understanding of film. I can't wait to see Xavier progress. I've never seen a director/writer/actor with such promise and hope that whatever ego that kind of duty cultivates remains off the screen.

Headhunters (2011) (Dir. Tyldum)
    A thriller with twists and turns. An anti-hero and a villain. Darkly humorous, dedicated to entertain you, but doesn't do well when scrutinized. The main character inexplicably becomes John McClane (from the later films). Some of the twists make you roll your eyes and could have been avoided REALLY easily. Overall, it's still a fun action flick with a new premise.

Twan likes this.
    Twan likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. golddust

Dec 9, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. attila

Dec 9, 2014

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 9, 2014
    What made Catching Fire so invigorating was that it seemed it was trying to brake the shape of the cringe fest teenage girl empowerment movies. It was truly a blockbuster for anyone. Even had elements artsy fam could appreciate. It was the first film to truly use IMAX as an editing choice.
    [​IMG]

This s--- gets me every time. It was the same formula as the first, but everything seemed to be heading in the right direction. Intense, strong performances and it never will corny.
    Catching Fire is a blockbuster achievement. It should be hanging on your mother's fridge. Then the ugly n----- next door named Mockingjay comes over and rips it off the fridge. Mockingjay thinks it's being smart with all of it's political undertones. Oh look District 13 is doing some shady things and manipulating the public, wooo. I am a big Jen supporter, but for the people that attack her for being annoying I am willing to allow them to go to town on this performance. Initially in the series the love triangle took a back seat and was only touched on slightly. It kind of made it a guessing again. Now we have PTSD Katniss and it couldn't be anymore annoying. What about Peeta Peeta Peeta. Tell Peeta my mink is dragging on the floor. Seriously f--- off. Let's not even forget the choice not to have IMAX after just completely changing the way it was used. 2/3s of the movie can be summed up in little foot notes. A blockbuster should provide excitement, even if it doesn't have many action scenes they need to be at least well done. I never once felt tense during the whole bombing sequence. I thought it was complete joke. And is this dude Francis Lawrence struggling to s---t night/dark scenes? smh.

Another automatic minus 20 is the the bad CGI on Peeta and lack of Woody.

I shall wait for your rebuttals

edit- don't get me started on that if they burn we burn delivery

s--- had me like :comeon:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    Twan likes this.
    Twan likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Swizz

Dec 9, 2014
    The Skeleton Twins - This was...a bit of a downer, no? I'm not a big fan of people who get upset over what a film ISN'T, but in this case I couldn't help myself...I wanted Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig to be funny. That's an unfair knee-jerk assessment, as they both turn in surprisingly excellent performances. But this movie seems a bit heavier than it needs to be, so by the time it ended I was ready. A film I admired but didn't love.

Punch-Drunk Love - Think I love this one more each time I see it. I get a little bit sick to my stomach every time I witness the greatness of Sandler's performance, because a decade later he's back to doing...f---ing...Grown Ups 2. Wasted potential aside, it's hard to deny just how strong he is here, along with all the supporting actors (Philip Seymour Hoffman especially, who has a blast with a small role). Feels a bit slight right in the middle of a filmography stacked with towering epics, but it's a brilliant, underrated gem.

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 9, 2014
    i see them shots boi :khaled2:

Swizz likes this.
    Swizz likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. Pinhead

Dec 9, 2014
    The New World: The Extended Cut (2005, Terrence Malick) - 6/10
    Days of Heaven (1978, Terrence Malick) - 9/10

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Dec 9, 2014
    The Ninth Gate
    Depp is a phenomenal actor, there is no debating that. These are the type of rolls I'd like to see him play more often. His development throughout this film is pretty great to say the least. Not a perfect film, but definitely makes you think in a lot of instances, especially towards the end. I'm intrigued with any story revolving around demons/satan.
    6.5/10 for me.

pop likes this.
    pop likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Joshua Smoses

Joshua Smoses Pink fur, looking like Cam

Dec 9, 2014
    I think where we disagree is that you found Lawrence's performance and the political aspect to be annoying. I didn't. Other than that we agree. The film is ugly and poorly shot for the most part. SFX are crappy. 2 out of the 3 action scenes s----d. And Woody Harrelson needed to actually be in the film. But Katniss' PTSD and the political drama are like 80% of the film, and since I bought those two things, I still walked away satisfied.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Joshua Smoses

Dec 9, 2014
    Care to elaborate on this? I'm interested to hear more thoughts on The New World

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 9, 2014
    i wasn't satisfied, but i had to see it and left like this :50:

i misguided u on my opinions of the political aspect. It was the only thing really going for the movie and i think that's why i was annoyed.

No, but watch it again. Her performance was pretty terrible. I bet it has something to do with lack of screen time with Hutcherson. She probably hated working on it. Just like she hates X-Men.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Joshua Smoses

Dec 9, 2014
    I actually thought Hutcherson's lack of screen time was a good thing. Something about him just annoys me. :kanye3:

I saw the film in a theater at like midnight with a bunch of middle schoolers who just left their school dance and wouldn't shut up the entire time. Halfway through one of them dropped their phone and it slid like three rows in front of them so they turned on flashlight apps and got up to look for it. Most annoying film experience I've ever had. So I was already in a bad mood and I still didn't think she was that bad. Maybe another watch will lessen my opinion, but as of right now I thought it was good. Not great (like catching fire), but good.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 9, 2014
    i meant behind the camera

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. Pinhead

Dec 9, 2014
    Having not seen Badlands, I feel comfortable saying it's his slowest paced film and easily the least interesting out of his filmography, thematically at least. It spends a lot of time celebrating nature, and the culture surrounding different civilizations and romance explored through that, and not much else. It's beautiful yeah, but the cinematography didn't much serve the story in any real way, and in turn that made the more poetic side of Malick's filmmaking come across much more pretentious than it has in the other films I've seen from him. Not once in To the Wonder or The Tree of Life did I question why the visuals were being used to tell the story so heavily, but in this it came across as Malick trying to make more of an epic visual feast than a coherent story. In between all of the nature shots and scenes involving Pocahontas walking around aimlessly with Colin Farrell, all I wanted was a more traditional narrative so I could know more about what was actually happening between the natives and the English. Sort of a double edged sword there since the visuals are what make the film so enthralling in the first place, but it was a little too much process. I don't believe this story needs that kind of storytelling to get its point across.

I did leave the film having a positive experience overall, I just didn't connect with what Malick was shooting for. It's definitely something I'm eager to revisit.

FilmAndWhisky, Joshua Smoses and Twan like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Joshua Smoses

Dec 9, 2014
    I know, and you might be right. But I kind of got the vibe they didn't really get along that well. Could be totally wrong tho.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 9, 2014
    lol. I'm surprised they don't date. no tmz

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. pop

pop

Dec 10, 2014
    great flick, took me a few minutes to comprehend but overall it's a movie you can interpret in different ways.. very underrated.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Mike02

Dec 10, 2014
    Guardians Of The Galaxy. Extremely overrated movie. 5/10.

CSW, BroadStBully2 and Charlie Work like this.
    CSW, BroadStBully2 and Charlie Work like this.
    Apr 26, 2024