Legendary Chicago DJ Timbuck2 Has Passed Away

Started by Thy, Dec 21, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Thy

Thy 000000

Dec 21, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Beloved Chicago DJ, Timothy “Timbuck2″ Jones, has passed away after a bout with cancer at the age of 34, according to multiple sources.

Jones reportedly succumbed to the disease yesterday (Dec. 19) as many close to the disk jockey have come forward to express condolences. A WGCI radio personality, Timbuck2 was also heavy into the local indie scene and gave an outlet to promising Chi-town artists like Vic Mensa, Lil Reese, Rockie Fresh and others through his Go iLL Radio program. He was also a member of the Heavy Hitters DJ crew and toured with the likes of Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West and Common.

Naturally, many in the hip-hop community have taken to social media to pay their respects to the Windy City record breaker. Kanye West took to Twitter to pay homage to his fellow Chi-town native typing, “R.I.P. DJ TIMBUCK2. He was an amazing person and talent. My prayers go out to his family.”

As well, Just Blaze noted on Twitter how he found out about the passing at the most inopportune moment. “In Chicago and was tryina reach @DJTIMBUCK2 as I see this news. My god. Awesome DJ. Even better human being. RIP brother,” he posted.

These are some of the kinds words the hip-hop community offered on social media about the late DJ, below.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2015/12/dj-timbuck2-dies-at-34-kanye-west-just-blaze-and-more-react/

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024