Legion [FX] (2017)

Started by prison mike, Feb 23, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Mar 15, 2017
    Show is officially renewed for a second season.

Apr 19, 2024
  2. prison mike

prison mike I'M PRISON MIKE!

Mar 15, 2017
    Hope it gets more episodes. I miss the days when 13 was the standard order, but sometimes there'd be filler storylines that didn't hold my interest so I understand the new 10 episode format, but 8 just isn't enough lol. This show is amazing at creating enough suspense between episodes to have me counting the days until the next one airs.

I had my nephew watch this w/ me and he's terrified of the Devil with Yellow Eyes. That backfired on me tbh, he's scared to be in a room alone now. f--- that fat yellow b----.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Tone Riggz

Mar 15, 2017
    i think the shorter season format works well for certain shows. Brits have had success with it (Peaky Blinders, Luther, Black Mirror, etc). It might suit a complex, cerebral comic book show like Legion.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. prison mike

Mar 16, 2017
    Amazing episode.

You know, I think a lot of debut seasons are truly defined not by the protagonist, but more the antagonist they choose... YED/The Shadow King was a great selection because it's an internal conflict, and YED mentions in this episode that it chose David because of his father, planning to simply destroy and discard him, but ultimately decided to use him as a host when his abilities surpassed it's initial expectations...

The supporting characters that help David are important as well, but YED is essentially the driving force of his story, which is to find peace, himself, and an escape from YED... That being said, I was concerned this episode would be too slow paced. That's to be expected with two episodes left and the writers using this episode to figure out what's happening while bullets are slowly approaching lol.

Once the Diver showed up, I was relieved. A crazy ally of David's in a way when he's able to enter the YED's mental projection and help the protagonist/crew due to the imaginary realm being a gateway of sorts to the astral plane. I have no idea what the f--- I'm talking about but I'm wingin' it.

Psyched it got renewed, looking forward to Hawley's work getting some respect next award season, particularly this show.

Jehovah likes this.
    Jehovah likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. FBG President

FBG President Super super

Mar 18, 2017
    Is it worth keeping on after Ep. 1? This show reminds me of Sense8 which I gave up on.. It was just too much to unpack lol

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. prison mike

Mar 22, 2017
    Season Finale next week. This was the best episode so far imo. Also a lot of hilarious moments - Oliver asking Cary if they were gonna keep finishing each other sentences, then asking if he was a tenor, because Oliver and David were planning to start their own barbershop quartet. Also David's mind creating another version of himself to help rationalize the situation, and the British accent bits were funny.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. yeezyfan11

yeezyfan11 i am a god

Mar 24, 2017
    Is this connected to the xmen movies?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Tone Riggz

Mar 24, 2017
    Yes. I think Bryan Singer is also one of the producers of the show. In the last episode, David even does a Patrick Stewart impression when describing his father. Patrick Stewart himself seems to be open about being on the show

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. YoungShelby

YoungShelby K Dot

Mar 24, 2017
    This show is dope as h---, kinda weird but in a really good way !

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Tone Riggz

Mar 30, 2017
    That mid credits scene was weird as h---. Overall good season. I went into this not expecting much and I was pleasantly surprised. Unlike Iron Fist, in which my expectations were higher and I was incredibly disappointed. Marvel got a W with Legion tho.

Thankfully more Aubrey next season [​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. prison mike

Mar 31, 2017
    Regarding the post credits scene....

I think Division 3 did it. I know there's an endless amount of people who could've been responsible, but I feel like they're the only ones who may have the kinda technology to do something like that. If I had to guess, they scanned him and trapped him inside that device to carry him to a meeting of some sort. With a shaky treuce between them after Clarke realized greater evils exist that can only be defeated by David & the Summerland team, who, in his newfound perspective, are definitely the lesser of two evils. Who knows.

I wonder if this show will be fall under the category of one hour drama, or miniseries... There's a few emmys with their names on them either way, or else will burn that b---- to the ground. Audrey Plaza, Dan Stevens & Rachel Keller really kept me captivated in each scene. I'd also like to see Oliver get a Guest Star emmy, since I enjoyed every minute of his portrayal as well. A perfect blend of comic relief (specifically the barbershop quartet comment to Cary, I found hilarious.), confusion/amnesia in regards to the life he li,ved 21 years before he moved into that bitchin' ice cube.

Fargo is the only thing that helps me cope with the fact that it could be 1-2 years before we pick up where they left off.

All in all, I was very happy with the way they ended the Season. To simply defeat TSK would've been a disappointment. He's looking for something, and he's determined to find it. And just maybe we'll get a Stewart cameo, Professor X has to make it into this show at some point, and I say the sooner the better.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024