Life SXN Thread: #lockdown

Started by Michael Myers, Feb 6, 2018, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jul 10, 2020
    Located in Houston, Texas. People are acting normal, even though the city is a new hotspot. Everything is pretty much open except clubs and tattoo shops. Abbot finally came to his senses in some aspects but man Texas mishandled the s--- out of this.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jul 10, 2020
    Our r opening has been staggered. And we were the same, it was never a full quarantine. We could go outside for "exercise" but literally everything was closed. A few loopholes were found and some pubs started operating for take away only.

We've had pubs/bars/restaurants etc open for a week now. First night was busy but now the "new normal" seems to be sinking in.

I love next to a huge under cover market in central London so there was always loads of activity around here. Supermarkets made a killing from selling booze!

Mar 28, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 10, 2020
    even dumbass boris handling s--- better than trump and kemp. smh

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 10, 2020
    Do you think Johnson catching the virus made him calm down a bit and made him come to his senses about the impact it can have?

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 10, 2020
    also @Sign Language I do agree that for a part its the job of the (local) government to handle stuff like this, as far as communication goes and explain the rules etc. Making sure people take it seriously and help when needed. That also happened here.

But imo its too easy to point the finger at the gov for everything especially w things like this (not saying you do!). Here in Netherlands we had rules but the government mostly asked us to take things serious and follow the rules as much as possible to protect ourselves and eachother. And trusted citizens to use their common sense. Last night our prime minister spoke on it and said he was proud of our country for taking responsibility and taking ourselves to where we are right now.

And except some conspiracy theorist or people sitting on their a--- all day being anti gov but never worked a day in their pathetic lives (luckily a small group) nobody protested or did weird s--- but accepted we're in this together as citizens, and its not just on our gov to handle it .

Of course like w many subjects its not fair maybe to compare our countries but it just wonders me sometimes that the mentality is so different.

Ordinary Joel and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jul 10, 2020
    I'm not sure I believe he even caught the virus tbh. Pretty sure it was just a campaign to bring the virus to the "real world".

Michael Myers likes this.
    Michael Myers likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jul 10, 2020
    Adelaide hasn't had a locally transmitted case for 80 days now, and cases overall have been from international or interstate flyers who went straight into hotel quarantine. I think it's been two days since the last active case recovered.

Restrictions have eased a fair bit. I'm feeling bad for Victoria though. I got loved ones over there and they're seeing gradual spikes in cases daily. :emoji_slight_frown:

DKC, Lucy and Michael Myers like this.
    DKC, Lucy and Michael Myers like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 11, 2020
    Like is obviously for the first part, hope things will go in the right direction and your people -and others ofc- will be okay!

Mar 28, 2024
  9. Mikey

Jul 11, 2020
    quite sad to see parts of Australia under lockdown after doing well & the US doing so bad.

Very few cases in Ireland but it is starting to rise again. This winter will most likely be horrible.

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jul 11, 2020
    Victoria dug their own grave tbh. for past decade or two the poli's have been thrusting so hard for immigration and refugee intakes, they literally r---d themselves. the fact #BLM in melbs, is 1 white skinned aboroginal 20 yr old, bunch of white fa----s and a handful of people with African nationality... just shows they aren't Australian tbh. (coming form someone who's majority of family lives there)

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024