Lil Uzi Vert Gives Up Drugs Following Lil Peep's Death: "Sober 2 Day I Have Been Shaking"

Started by Ordinary Joel, Nov 18, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Nov 18, 2017
    http://pigeonsandplanes.com/news/20...xmag&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Uzi takes a step towards sobriety as he mourns Lil Peep's death.
    Eric Skelton
    1 hour ago

[​IMG]

When news of Lil Peep's death spread earlier this week, Lil Uzi Vert tweeted: "We would love 2 stop ..... but do you really care cause we been on xanax all f---ing year." Empathizing with Lil Peep's situation, he added, "Rip buddy I 100% understand and I don't fault u."

Taking a step further, Uzi seems to be taking a break from drugs in light of speculation that Lil Peep passed away due to a drug overdose. Uzi tweeted an update late Thursday that outlined the difficult realities surrounding his decision: "Sober 2 day I have been shaking. I have been cursing my love ones out and fighting. In the studio with no thoughts in my head. Teeth biting down because I just wanna be angry at something ... Maybe I will just smoke weed tonight."

As the music world grapples with Lil Peep's death, Uzi's proactive response is admirable and encouraging, while his detailed messages reinforce just how complicated and difficult addiction is. You can see Uzi's tweets in full below.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Nov 18, 2017
    good thing to hear! get your f---ing selves together you're life has worth!
    on another note I was just about to make this same exact thread haha u beat me to it

Caine, Broccoli Tree, Guma and 3 others like this.
    Caine, Broccoli Tree, Guma and 3 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Nov 18, 2017
    New Album callled T"wenty-Four-Year-Old Putrid n----- Hurdles: The Secret of The Uz."

SleepyGhost likes this.
    SleepyGhost likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Step Daddy

Nov 18, 2017
    nice, I haven't smoked weed since last Monday, after 7 years smoking every day im over it.

SleepyGhost likes this.
    SleepyGhost likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. JIGGA MANE

Nov 18, 2017
    Still smoking big blunts still poppin bars

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Nov 18, 2017
    I just smoke. And not even that much anymore. A Sober Uzi would probably create a f---ing classic, tbh. But he probably doesn't feel like confronting vices and self-inflicted demon with a clear conscience. I believe the mere contemplation of allowing something that drastically polarizing to transpire for the sake and purpose of fulfilling a personally artistic breakthrough, is what he would interpret as his own night terror come true. Ominous as f---, to say the very least. It'd make or break the kid, to be honest. Intriguing to be preponderant about.

Mar 28, 2024