Poll closed Sep 11, 2018.
  1. No. I don’t believe that s---.

26.5%
  2. Yes. I believe that s---.

73.5%
  1. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Aug 24, 2018
    Well I wouldn't expect a neoliberal to value material outcomes over norms and procedure.

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    :'(

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. GCasper

Aug 24, 2018
    Directly colluded?

No, he's crazy, but not that dumb.

He used other people for this. He paid his people for the collusion and kept his distance and was willing to let others take the fall for him. People are going to take the fall for him because they're dumb a----s and greedy for money, so they deserve all the jail time they get.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Charlie Work

Aug 24, 2018
    I wish my perspective was so warped that I cared more about impeaching President Cheeto than the well being of the disadvantaged.
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. GCasper

Aug 24, 2018
    I wrote mine before I read this, same message, you delivered it better...

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. GCasper

Aug 24, 2018
    Once you get caught lying 1-10 times, nothing coming out or your mouth is believable anymore.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    No one thinks that though? At least the people I know don't. We're equally outraged at how unprecedented this is. Why are you acting like you have some unique POV? Holier-than-thou, as always...

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Charlie Work

Aug 24, 2018
    The insinuation that my POV is based on uniqueness doesn't hold water when I'm the one with a consistent moral drive here.

You agree Pence would be worse yet want to see him in power. As if Trump's obstruction via firing Commey is in the top third of heinous/harmful things that every president does and not just a legalese excuse to reign in the one trait he has over Pence, his disgusting demeanor. To value that warped sense of justice over actual outcomes for the people of this country is petty and stupid and selfish.

Pence is an agent of the Kochs. He will be welcomed with open arms for his stately conduct should Trump be impeached. A whole new load of political capital to spend on top of what Trump's administration has already wrought. My grandfather has subsisted on social security and medicaid for the past 30 years of his post-retirement life. Those are human stakes I take into account.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    LOL - based on.. what? the fact you've kissed your sister?

How do you know? Again, what qualifies you to be sooo righteous lol.

I want to see NEITHER in power. But Pence is conventionally bad. I hate him on mostly policy grounds. Trump is something new, illegitimate, gross.

Obstruction of justice is legalese? k. And it's not an excuse, you sound alt-right Alex Jones af here. Again, you're so dismissive that Trump has misused his authority here, corroding 'norms' (as you say) and undercutting the country's fabric. But then you start yelping about his human rights offenses or whatever. It comes from the same place: he doesn't have the demeanor, intelligence or moral code to lead. It should be investigated. derpppp

??? it's not warped AT ALL lol. And its NOT prioritizing over "actual outcomes" (such weird word choice. be normal.) People are protesting his actions in office, and he's being investigated for his actions in office. It's all valid, it's all being reported on.

nope, nope, nope

edit:
    this sentence is soooo bad.

This is all just a moot, silly point for you to act superior. Just strange.

Enigma and Worm like this.
    Enigma and Worm like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Charlie Work

Aug 24, 2018
    Only an insulated, liberal dork thinks Trump is something "different". He says the quiet part loud. He lays bare everything that has been wrong with country for a long time. He is not something new. He's the logical conclusion to this culture.

Neither isn't an option. Be the practical, pragmatic thinker that all liberals aspire to be. Stop being a utopian idealist.

Omg, not the norms. Anything but the norms. Imprison every black man in America, murder innocents all over the world, but DEAR GOD DEFEND OUR PRECIOUS NORMS.

Our country's fabric is moth eaten. At least Trump brings it to light.

demeanor, intelligence or moral code to lead.

There's not a president in this country's history whose demeanor, intelligence, or moral code did anything but obscure atrocities and misconduct. It's a s--- office, frankly.

Do you people just skip over the part where I say I don't want to stop the investigation? I hope everything comes to light. I'm just more interested in ACTUAL OUTCOMES (what is this foreign alien language) aka the wellbeing of the people actually affected by politics.

Only an insulated, comfortable douche could call the fate of the people who will suffer even more under Pence "moot" and "silly". You've already conceded that's the reality. Idk why you find it so crazy to actually rearrange your priorities in line with that.

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    ...is this me?

As a president, there's few precedents. Especially post-Roosevelt. Sure we have a history of demagogues before, but even Nixon was more restrained as an executive. We can define our terms, but you're being so knee-jerk and weird lol. Is Webber whispering in your ear right now? Is this s--- supposed to sound smart?

Are you copy and pasting off some high school text? Are you going to start quoting Animal Farm to me? Why didn't you explain to me how you became soooo moral and clear-minded, Milhouse.

sooo edgy lol. a huge overreach. you aren't some student of history. As always, you're a try-hard, parroting other people. Obviously, "this country's history has been written in blood" but lets discuss Trump with an ounce of political reality. I'm a "utopian idealist" (redundant btw).... but you're lamenting sometimes presidents have been whitewashed for misdeeds, and using that as an excuse to downplay *some* of trump's misdeeds. it just makes no sense. derp!

No, I've read it. But it MAKES NO SENSE compared to the other things you're claiming to believe. that's literally why i wrote: "This is all just a moot, silly point for you to act superior"

me? dude, you molested your sister.

I...didn't? I'm just saying there's other things at play and it's not either/or YOU ABSOLUTE f---ing MORON. lol.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 24, 2018
    If Pence were sworn in after a trump impeachment/resignation, he would have zero political capital. He’d be a lame duck president for the remainder of the term.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    But on the plus side, he'd cuck Charlie the fuq out.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. Swizz

Aug 24, 2018
    @Charlie Work Pizzagating? are you f---ing kidding me?

Just TRY to explain that one, please. I'd like to hear this

Enigma and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Enigma and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Charlie Work

Aug 24, 2018
    Democrats in the senate would be tripping over each other to kowtow to a return to norms. They're barely a speed bump for Trump as is. Let alone somebody who can act the part. Bar the speculation about something as intangible as political capital, only a fool thinks he would get less done than Trump will. He won't stick his foot in his mouth every step of the way. The "muslim ban" wouldn't even of been postponed without Trump labeling it as such explicitly in his campaign. To be honest, I doubt Pence would have wasted capital on something that purely symbolic in the first place. He's not dumb enough to fumble everything like Trump has.

Even Andy agrees Pence would do more harm. I don't see a convincing argument that he wouldn't.

Get back to me when Roger Stoner is convicted of orchestrating the Podesta hack. Piecing together tweets and interpreting court proceedings are speculative arm chair detective work.

Again, I don't care if he gets charged. Hope he goes to jail for life. It's being addressed. It's being taken care off. No need to waste time crafting fan theories like it's a hit tv show. I'm not interested in that.

So are you done articulating exactly how Trump differs from his predecessors in specific terms? Talking about "executive restraint" when the office has done nothing but consolidate more power over time seems less the result of who Trump is and more like how faulty the system is that we've handed him control over. Unless you mean his demeanor, which your mention of Nixon alludes to. It's not like the presidents since haven't overseen egregious abuses from the Patriot Act to unilaterally authorizing assassinations on foreign soil via drone strikes.

Be more particular. Tell me how Trump reinvented the wheel.

Obviously, "this country's history has been written in blood" but lets discuss Trump with an ounce of political reality. I'm a "utopian idealist" (redundant btw).... but you're lamenting sometimes presidents have been whitewashed for misdeeds, and using that as an excuse to downplay *some* of trump's misdeeds. it just makes no sense. derp!
    Click to expand...​
    So contextualizing Trump's actions with that of his predecessors isn't allowed because it... makes him look good? I think it makes them all look bad, personally. I think that's the disconnect here. You think Trump is something unique, despite failing to elaborate on that at all convincingly, while I'm confident he isn't. Again, outline some precedents he's set. Ones that can't be blamed on the office itself as the problem which an impeachment wouldn't address anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, there's a national prison strike going on today. Here's an issue that needs coverage and awareness. :emoji_heart: :emoji_heart:

August 21st.jpg

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 24, 2018
    Pence with a Republican controlled congress, sure. If we’re talking impeachment/resignation of trump, that means Republicans don’t control congress though. He wouldn’t be able to pass any major legislation. He’d be filling in for ~2 years while Dems forever associate him with a corrupt president that was either impeached or forced to step down.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Swizz

Aug 24, 2018
    There's no "piecing together" that needs to be done. He tweeted that Podesta was next, before anyone publicly had any idea Podesta had been hacked. He was communicating directly with Wikileaks at the time (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/report...ated-directly-with-wikileaks-despite-denials/). This isn't hard. And it isn't even remotely like Pizzagate ffs (it's noteworthy that you couldn't even attempt to defend that comparison)

Worm, lil uzi vert stan and Enigma like this.
    Worm, lil uzi vert stan and Enigma like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Aug 24, 2018
    The Republican line today is Trump is being treated like Al Capone.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Howie

Aug 24, 2018
    Are we all assuming Pence is in the clear of this investigation? I lean towards yes, but I'm not sure why it's being talked about as fact.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. lil uzi vert stan

Aug 24, 2018
    Charlie reminds me of the South Park characters smelling their own farts bc they’re sooooo smart and superior
    [​IMG]

Worm likes this.
    Worm likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024