Listening Session: tpk - "7-4-2020"

Started by Inland Empire Rapper, Feb 11, 2016, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Feb 11, 2016
    Yeah. February 11th is my birthday and I thought releasing it on my birthday would be special but you know... Kanye and all screwed up those plans. CURSE YOU KANYE!!! Anyways, I figured I would place the album here and see if I can't get any feedback/critique/love for the album. It's going to be a tough day for me but I'm hoping something can come out of it. I did this during the Paris attacks so it has a sense of relevancy to it; anyways, enjoy I hope...

@CreativeSXN

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Nori, Jordan and Meero like this.
    Nori, Jordan and Meero like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 18, 2016
    Update. I've decided to make this FREE. Forcing people to pay for a project like this where the San Bernardino attacks and now the Orlando attacks have happened would of been unfair. This album is prophecy and this album is an endless cycle of death, deceit, habits and repetition.

I'm serious about this, this album NEEDS to be talked about. You can get it on my bandcamp page (gone).

I'm going to be posting the first track for people to discuss. I'm aware that the vocals and mastering need work but hey, listening to it now, it actually sounds kind of cool.

@CreativeSXN

Jordan likes this.
    Jordan likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Jordan

Jordan ⛴⛵️✈️

Jun 18, 2016
    I've been listening to track 2 & 3 during the last couple of minutes and the beats are alright (in a good way). The old-school vibes are hella cool.

Track 4 now.

Inland Empire Rapper likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 18, 2016
    Track 1: Dale Oaks, OK

Commentary:
    I live in Eastvale, CA which is a s-----y town with nothing but housing and corporate dining places. I've always hated the place since day 1 and frequently take RTA buses to places like Downtown Riverside and Omnitrans to Redlands. I really love those places more than f---ing commuter town Eastvale. I imagined hey, what if terrorists took over a commuter town that pretended to be american. So came the idea for the entire album and this track; you can really feel how pathetic this town and the people in it are... As for Oklahoma, well it's the most american state and people praise it's veterans so there it goes.

Jordan likes this.
    Jordan likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. CallMeSas

Jun 18, 2016
    Need a dubtrack listening session.

Apr 25, 2024
  6. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 19, 2016
    Track 2: "American Traditions"

Commentary:

One lesson I learned from this song is that never add distortion to the beginning of it, people will just skip it. I was trying to go for some messing with the status quo s--- but nobody ever listened to the entire song on Bandcamp when this was released, only a few did. Anyways... This song has a lot of social commentary; in the past, America used to be this country where opportunity was king, where companies were made everyday and where innovations were made (we were a superpower dabnabit!) but now it's just a sesspool of fear, death and ignorance. People frequently use a foreign brand either Samsung, LG or HTC; people buy overseas but claim to support their industry and people are frequently unawaringly stereotypical and only care about themselves despite the fact that the country was made from Europeans and British people including the native americans who were already there. We are terrible at foreign politics, whenever a disaster happens, we care about it but then we pull away for the next biggest thing.

How do you think the word #Pray has so much meaning. #PrayForParis, #PrayForSanBernardino, #PrayForOrlando, #PrayForOhio... 2016 has seen the overall sharp increase in gun violence, terrorists acts and death so it's not surprising that ISIS is taking over so quickly and we're stuck with 2 potential candidates who are unable to do s--- against them either for fear of reprisal or for fear of backlash. So yeah, people kept on doing their traditions but I still feel proud of this song.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 20, 2016
    Track 3: "Cold Terror"

Commentary:

You know how other countries paint other countries they hate to be the menace in order to start a war for their benefit. Well imagine if they actually had plants inside these countries boasting threats of "nuclear missles" and "worldwide domination" all for the basis of support. It's like Donald Trump banning all Muslims from the US or bringing jobs back to hear. The economy is almost always tied to the military so that's where this song comes from. The beat is a mixture of both Muslim and Russian themes since that's what the cold war was, terror.

Everything Ronald Regan has done was an act in order to keep America pacified; same with the whole issue with China. If they get this war successful than I don't know what they'll be able to do. Anyways this song sampled the Gipsy Kings with their hit song "Moorea", other beat was me trying to replicate some Tetris s---; combine the two and you got a boom bap classic.

Anyways, leave comments below if you can.

CallMeSas likes this.
    CallMeSas likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. CallMeSas

Jun 20, 2016
    When are we going to have a listening session on Dubtrack for the whole project?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 20, 2016
    <snip>

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. CallMeSas

Jun 20, 2016
    I can't listen at the moment, but maybe in a couple of hours or so.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 21, 2016
    Track #4: "Police Presence"
    Commentary:

You know how the police always ups their security after a major terrorist attack, people give them justification then people critique the police for the amount of security and amount of discrimination they're getting then ups their security again. Endless cycle... This song was inspired by news articles after the Paris attacks that said that security would be enhanced; I believe that whatever security measure is implemented, they'll find a way around it and well... endless cycle again.

I also intended for it to explore some unreasonable judgement. It seems like the police will always take the favor of the person calling, will not come down to any individual conclusions and will discriminate you due to some condition or belief or skin color. It's like they're looking for an excuse to find you guilty. Same goes when you're trying to enjoy an event, you can understand why there's security but what would you feel? Secure or happy? I know because the excessive security makes me feel like we're living in a dystopia, not a utopia.

As for the production, pure boom bap right here. The lower pitched vocals work better but I have not yet mastered the art of mastering at the time so they're way lower than expected. The echo I hate because I should of gotten stuff to prevent an echo and I should of moved the mic closer to my mouth. Eh, you live with what you get.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 22, 2016
    Track 5: "Bomb it All"

Commentary:
    This song is meant to be political and comedical at the same time. I tried to make it sound like a cigarette smoking american but instead I ended up sounding like Patty & Selma from The Simpsons, I think I did okay, don't regret anything plus it gives people a point to laugh. Anyways the lyrics on this song are what the average Fox News viewer believe. Gays are bad, Republicans are good, Democrats are bad and yeah, bomb everything to the ground with our military. f--- diplomacy and all.

This is despite the fact that our military couldn't win anything and that our military is big and overbloated which makes for an ironic contrast. It's not meant to be one of the essential songs of the album, just something people could appreciate and laugh at. I don't know how Fox News could take the news thing seriously but one thing it makes for is good entertainment.

As for Kanye West... Well despite both candidates being bad, I really have hope for Kanye West as a president; he has good ideas and he knows what he wants to do. Unlike Mr. Donald Trump. In this timeline it's assumed that Kanye West is the presumptive nominee for the Democrats. As for the other candidate, I don't know who that is and I can't guess for you. Sorry.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Inland Empire Rapper

Jun 23, 2016
    Track 5: "Homeless & Disabled"

Commentary:

I figured it would be nice to have a contrast after that humorous song. This one is a bit depressing; despite me living in the suburbs, I have quite an understanding on how the world works. Middle-class and high class take everything for granted and because of that, the homeless have the hardest lives; there are no support programs for them and we are just expected to let them die on the streets. Who cares about building affordable housing, if you can't live then f--- you; die on the streets and be fed scraps.

Lots of it is on point; no jobs because they want "experience", no opportunities because the government doesn't care, no treatment for disabled people (especially for those with autism. Which IS a GENETIC disease that can only be managed unless gene splicing is invented.) and it's a hard world out there. Police are more likely to harass a homeless person than a normal person. That's what happened in Tustin, don't believe the hype about me running across the streets because all people, including autistic people can realize the dangers of cars and no person autistic or otherwise would run across the street for no reason. What I did is called Jaywalking and what I did was cross the street because I was too lazy to find a crosswalk. If you can't then well, I feel sorry for you.

Anyways, I hope people take the message of the song seriously because this IS a serious problem.

@CreativeSXN

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024