Production Live Shows

Started by THCLUTCH, Jan 11, 2016, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. THCLUTCH

THCLUTCH To create or not to create

Jan 11, 2016
    Does anyone here do any live shows with a sequencer or something of that nature?

I'm thinking about getting an Akai MPK controller and start using performance mode in FL12 to try an move some crowds with beats. The problem is, I don't know the first thing about live shows except the live engineering behind it.

If any of you do this type of thing, whether it be all digital, all analogue, or a combination of the two, please provide me some tips, advice, and thing to be on the look out for when you're on stage.

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Jan 11, 2016
    Man, I wish I could give you advice, since this is an area that while I want to break into, have no idea how to really do so.

THCLUTCH likes this.
    THCLUTCH likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. THCLUTCH

Jan 11, 2016
    I've been researching it a bit but haven't really dug too deep. Maybe we can do some shows down the road together.

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Jan 12, 2016
    Well doing stuff with a Akai requires some real skill. To produce and stop certain sounds require precise knowledge/practice/timing. In other words, you better know your stuff inside out.

For many EDM/Hip-Hop artists. DJing is often the best when it comes to live stuff. Many people can't rap and DJ at the same time, that's why the two are often seperate professions. Because you need to be able to perform and switch it up on an instant and for DJ's, you need to cue up the instrumentals and make them feel live.

I would go with a DJ/MC combo.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. THCLUTCH

Jan 12, 2016
    Check my music. My workflow in FL -> Slicex - chop small like Pete Rock or loop if I'm feeling it enough, load the chops in FPc with the same cut settings that most boom bap MPC users use....I'll be iight homie.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. THCLUTCH

Jan 12, 2016
    I use Traktor scratvch pro. I have a few recorded sets on my soundcloud. I'll have CDJ's in my setup, some day.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Byczu

Byczu Making music...sorta

Jan 12, 2016
    Well, my hobby started from mixing electronic music and I still have Hercules mp3e2. I found that very easy to understand basics after a while and it just made me bored. I was once DJing with my friend in high school and we made a cool party, the hall was full of dancing people all the time tbh. It was my only time "live", I don't really have much experience in that kinda stuff and I've never used any touchpad controllers.

THCLUTCH likes this.
    THCLUTCH likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024