Future Maroon 5 - Cold (Feat. Future) [OUT NOW]

Started by SWERVO, Feb 13, 2017, in Future Add to Reading List

1. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Feb 14, 2017
    i mean even their last album V (which is probably my 3rd favorite album of theirs) still had the band featured prominently, even if it was all very very produced and pop sounding, but these last two singles there's just like an absence of ANY of their old sound and the band's pretty much gone

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 14, 2017
    I'm not that familiar with all of their stuff but from what I remember the last song that really sounded 'band' like (and I enjoyed a lot) is Lucky Strike.

Songs like payphone / move like jagger etcc are just popsongs. I love this new song with future a lot, but like you said its no rock song

What are ur favorite songs from them?

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. FreeAgent

FreeAgent Resurrected like Jesus

Feb 14, 2017
    As with most artists their new material ain't a scratch on their old material.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Feb 14, 2017
    i mean i love almost all their stuff so this hard

i'd say pretty much anything off their first album Songs About Jane (Harder To Breathe, She Will Be Loved, Tangled, This Love, Sunday Morning, The Sun, Through With You etc.), there second album It Won't Be Soon Before Long (If I Never See Your Face Again, Makes Me Wonder, Little Of Your Time, Won't Go Home Without You, Can't Stop, Infatuation etc.), and I like the vast majority of their third album Hands All Over (Give A Little More, Stutter, Don't Know Nothing, Never Leave This Bed (and the acoustic version especially), Hands All Over, Get Back In My Life etc.).

After that is what I've categorized to myself and in playlists as "New 5", which is everything since/from their album Overexposed. I like a lot of it, but it's definitely a shift in the direction you hear now (Moves Like Jagger was a bonus track on Hands All Over, so I guess technically it's starts there but the rest of the actual album wasn't like that irrc).

Favorite songs from New 5 would be

Overexposed (not in any real order, but the farther down the least liked favorites they probably are):
    Tickets
    Doin' Dirt
    Wasted Years
    Lucky Strike
    Love Somebody
    Lady Killer
    Wipe Your Eyes
    Sad
    One More Night
    Payphone (no Wiz version I edited together for myself)

V (again not in any real order, but the farther down the least liked favorites they probably are):
    Maps
    Feelings
    Sugar
    Sex And Candy (cover)
    Lost Stars
    Leaving California
    New Love
    Coming Back For You
    It Was Always You
    Animals

There's also their work Pre-Maroon 5, under the name Karas Flowers. I only have one album of theirs from that era, though a second is supposedly available, but I haven't found a good copy of it. The album I do have is called The Fourth World, and it was apparently executively produced by the lead singer of Green Day (I think that's what I read anyway), and you can definitely tell.

My favorite songs from that are:

Future Kid
    Myself
    Pantry Queen
    My Ocean Blue
    Soap Disco
    Oliver
    Captain Splendid

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 14, 2017
    Holy s--- dude haha. I am not that familiar with all of their stuff.. I did went to a concert once with my (at that time) girlfriend, who was a huge fan. If I had to make a top 5 probably

Harder to breathe
    Misery
    Lucky strike
    Cold (also bcuz of fewtch)
    Animals

@Cyreides

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne Tha Carter V

May 24, 2017