Krabby Patty OVOXO

Oct 30, 2015
    PREVIOUS REVIEWS:
    1. Compton (9.5/10)
    2. Rodeo (7/10)
    3. 90059 (8/10)
    4. GO:OD AM (9/10)
    5. The Documentary 2 (6.5/10)

My thought going in to this is, I've never given a straight up negative review. Sure, I was disappointed with "The Documentary 2", But I didn't HATE it. There was some really good tracks on that LP. Now this is a mixtape, but that doesn't mean it should be held to a lower standard. "Friday Night Lights" by J. Cole, "Slime Season" by Young Thug (Despite not being a fan) and Big KRIT'S "Its Better This Way" proved that mixtapes could be conceived with higher quality and effort. So i'm not going to use this excuse for The Dirty Dozen.

Guys, I really wanted to like this project. I had hope. When I heard Eminem was going to be on it, It sparked my interest not just because we'd get a new Eminem verse/chorus, But we might get a return to the classic feel of 2001's "Devil's Night". I mean, Bizarre even confirmed he'd return on Twitter. But after a bunch of promotional appearance's, instagram, and a f---ing countdown on Datpiff, it fell flat on its face with the hype surrounding it.

Giving them them a pass on previous mixtape's "Return Of The Dozen" and "Return Of The Dozen Vol. 2" was fair. Proof was shot and killed in 2006, and his passing casted a dark shadow over the group. So needing some time to step back in the light was understandable. But its been almost 10 years since the tragic event. Em has recovered (pun intended), and is constantly putting out new music. These guys have put out one cringeworthy song on Shady XV, and now this cringeworthy mixtape. This is like "Bane" being extended to 13 tracks. And since Eminem is nowhere to be found, it feels like a movie where the main star is missing, and the extra decide to vacate the spot.

What makes this mixtape so bad is the mixing, the production, the rhymes and effort. The mixing sounds like someone messing with garageband for the first time, its muffled, sometimes the vocal drown's out the beat and vice-versa. The production? It's bland, the snare, kick, bass... it has no flavor or character. *You stuck in a time warp from 2004* could've been directed at these guys, and it would've made total sense. "D12 And Slaughterhouse, i'm in yo mama's mouth" is the worst rhyme on here, and possibly the most memorable line on the whole mixtape. When Bizarre has the most amusing line on your project, you got an issue.

The best songs are here are from the member, everyone seems to despise. Mr. Porter produces "Steel Ill" OR HOWEVER THE f--- YOU SPELL IT, and "Killin it" (That's ironic) featuring a good verse from Royce Da 5'9. And those, are the best songs on this project. How Denaun managed to be the standout is amazing. Never felt more disappointment

Overall, I give this a 2/10. Absolute trash. Naming this "Devil's Night Mixtape" a follow-up to the original is a disgrace. Case closed.

Music and boyz n the suburbs like this.
    Music and boyz n the suburbs like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Goldy

Oct 30, 2015
    Ok....

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Oct 30, 2015
    You're my homie and I really like you as a poster...

But you got to stop with this day-1 review stuff man :kdotrly:

Even for a crappy project like this :useyourhead:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Krabby Patty

Krabby Patty OVOXO

Oct 30, 2015
    It's worth as much as this review. I don't think it could get any better by sitting on it.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. joeyp363

Oct 30, 2015
    Agree I give it a legitimate 0/10. Will never listen again

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Franky

Oct 30, 2015
    The Hype was really big until some minutes before it drops they Confirmed em isnt on a Single track. That f----- me so up because they did a Promo Video with Em and Bizarre said yes on twitter. They said the mixtape have the vibe from the original DN and thats also a f---ing Lie. They dont deserve any Promo and should Split if they want to prove they are also good without Em. If there is a D12 Project then i want every member on it and not Kidd Kidd or Royce.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Krabby Patty

Krabby Patty OVOXO

Oct 31, 2015
    Bump

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Nov 1, 2015
    Good review.