Film Michael Myers' horror movies discussion thread

Started by Michael Myers, Apr 23, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 25, 2022
    Update on my horror movies (re) watching

Final Destination

Interesting, unique movie at that time. I like the whole concept and I can imagine how much fun it was for the writers to come up with all those weird deaths lol. 7.5/10

Final Destination 2

Kinda the same as 1, but a little better because how well they connected the story to the first movie and the new elements. In general I like how they kept the franchise fresh... especially the twist in part 5. Can't wait for 6! FD 2: 8/10

Halloween 5

The first movie in the franchise that f----- up a lot of things; changing the ending of 4 (even though I understand not making Jamie the killer), the introduction of that HORRIBLE thorn bs, killing of the 2nd most interesting character of H4, lots of poor and s--- choices were made. Obviously, part 6 is even 10 times worse and H5 is half watchable, but yeah this is really a miss in this good franchise. 4.5/10

Friday the 13h remake

Its presented as the F13 remake but it really is a franchise remake... like, all the events of the first (OG) movie are in the opening credits. Also, unlike Halloween and Elmst remake, aside from Jason the characters and story are completely different. Which is fine btw.. it was a fun watch, liked it more than the OG F13. Mostly because this has Jason. 7/10

I know what you did last summer

Love it. The thing I liked most is that, unlike in most other teenage slasher movies, they don't everybody off so soon. All main characters are present for a long time which makes their deaths more meaningfull (well, to me). Good ending and storyline also, great slasher!! 8.5/10

Halloween (Rob Zombie, 2007)

Mixed feelings about this... Zombie completely changed the premise; he made Michael a human being, and you feel bad for him / sympathize with him. Completely different from the "main" franchise. But at the same time, after the childhood stuff basically the same events happen. Lots of same dialogue, same kills, same characters. A little lazy imo. I do like the changes like keeping Annie alive (love how they casted "Jamie Lloyd") and making Laurie a more popular girl than in the OG. A good watch altogether! 7/10
    * also I never watch the sequel again. That, H6 and Ressurection are forever banned from my house * even though the Tommy Doyle from H6 >>>> the awful tryhard in H.Kills.

To be continued

Winterindecember likes this.
    Winterindecember likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Miguel Meyers

Miguel Meyers Radio for Backup

Sep 26, 2022
    Resurrection wasn't that bad. i feel that the whole internet aspect was really intriguing and wacky for the time

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Marsh

Marsh May 15th

Sep 27, 2022

Apr 19, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 27, 2022
    Aight @M Solo I take some of it back... this trailer is really dope

Cant wait till the 14th man....

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Ripper Roo, M Solo and Marsh like this.
    Ripper Roo, M Solo and Marsh like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 27, 2022
    Agree as a standalone movie, not as a part of the franchise imo

Apr 19, 2024
  6. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Sep 27, 2022

Yeah the trailer is phenomenal tbh

Michael Myers and Ripper Roo like this.
    Michael Myers and Ripper Roo like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. JXY

JXY

Sep 30, 2022
    I was trying to avoid trailer by any means but then it popped up on TV one time. From what you guys were saying my expectations were very low but I liked what I saw

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. JXY

JXY

Sep 30, 2022
    Also:

https://escape.halloweenmovie.com/?id=63359a2eac3f7

Someone played this for 11 f---ing hours straight lol

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 30, 2022
    Mine were too at first but I love the trailer

JXY likes this.
    JXY likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Winterindecember

Oct 1, 2022
    Just bought tickets for this the other day. I cannot wait. I’m happy this will show the buildup to Halloween night. It’s weird but I like when they show during the day. I don’t like how kills was all at night. It’s just like og 2 I get it. 1978, H20 and 2018 had great build ups for Halloween night.

Ripper Roo and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 1, 2022
    Oh I agree! The thing that seperates Halloween movies from other slashers (imo) is how its centered around the holiday.

They still included a lot of halloween elements in Kills, and the OG too btw. But yeah I like that build up too.

Also lmao, dope username!!

Ripper Roo and Winterindecember like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Winterindecember

Oct 1, 2022
    I’m so surprised I remembered! Lol

Apr 19, 2024
  13. Supersonic

Supersonic Serenity now!

Oct 1, 2022
    Dahmer series was the definition of how to perfect horror. Of course it was real so that makes it instantly haunting but the direction, how they built tension and not showing much, puts modern day horrors to shame. The only bits I didn’t like, ironically was the typical Horror tropes of characters having visions of Dahmer In windows from afar, seeing visions of him across the road and then disappears when the bus goes past and the dream sequences. Didn’t need any of that Hollywood tribe to show the horror of the person or show but luckily wasn’t much of that.

The Tony Hughes EP, the guy who is deaf episode will stick with me for a long time. I think if Horror movies or shows follow the concept of building it around the perspective of the victim more. You can create a lot more horror in that alone, even if it’s fictional.

Ripper Roo likes this.
    Ripper Roo likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Oct 1, 2022
    October is finally here. You guys ready to get spooky? I’ve been thinking about watching a horror movie every night this month but I don’t think I have that type of dedication
    [​IMG]

I wasn’t going to watch it but this made me interested. Thanks!

Michael Myers and Supersonic like this.
    Michael Myers and Supersonic like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 2, 2022
    Update

The Strangers

Great, realistic movie. Creepy, and relatable. However, this is the case watching it the first time. Not knowing what will happen is the main strength of this movie. So yeah, this was probably the 3rd time seeing it and it was just.. fine. Like I said, and like more horrors, this is amazing to see once, replay value is meh. 8/10

Scream 3

A lot of s--- is far fetched. They changed the whole storyline and I gotta say, even if its a fine explanation, it could have been better. Its a little dumbed down because of the whole massacre thing, so its easily the worst of the franchise for me. Still, it has a lot of great parts and I like that this movie focusses more on Dewey/Gale than Sidney. 6.5/10

Happy Death Day

A.k.a. Groundhog Day slasher version. Great movie. Not really much I can say other than its a great idea and the execution is dope too. One of my favorite modern slashers. 8/10

The Ring

One of the horror movies that doesn't rely on jump scares but actually has a great, creepy story. It was great when it was released and I still love it now. Naomi is amazing here, and yeah that f---ing ring video still creeps me the f--- out. 8.5/10

The Ring 2

Solid sequel. Dives deeper into the whole background story and adding some new elements to the curse. Some really creepy moments and again, this doesn not rely on jump scares but real tension. 7/10

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Ripper Roo likes this.
    Ripper Roo likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo HIT ME HARD AND SOFT

Oct 3, 2022
    I love how all the streaming services have these special Halloween sections for this month. Can’t wait to dive into them

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Winterindecember

Oct 3, 2022
    One of my all time favorite horror movies is Cabin Fever. It’s a classic to me because it has its funny moments, creepy moments, lots of blood and some boobs. Great flick.

Thili, Ripper Roo and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 3, 2022
    Watched 2.5 again yesterday

Terrifier

Bought this dvd last year. Kinda forgot to watch it so was pretty excited: a killer clown creeping and killing on Halloween night. As a Halloween fan, my expectations were high.
    The first 10 minutes or so were promising... but then... everything happened in one abandoned building, and it was just.. gross. Not scary, just gross. Turned it off after an hour. If you like disgusting s--- like SAW or Hostel, this might be for you. But for me, keep. 3/10

Freddy vs Jason

Its a gem. I mean, its a lot more comedy than it is actually scary, but the way they brought the 2 legends together and combined the Elmst universe with Crystal Lake. Brilliant. I've seen this like 20 times already and it never gets old for me. Sure, if you are being fair it has a lot of flaws too but for me its easily a 8/10

Scream 4

As I said, Scream 3 wasn't all bad but this is a great return to form. Love how they included the digital era in the movie. And the meta, self aware stuff. I do however think its weird they completely ignore the 3rd movie. No mention of Roman at all. Same w 5 btw. Its like they completely forgot lol. But yeah, great movie. 7.5/10

Apr 19, 2024
  19. sophirolr

sophirolr Banned

Oct 8, 2022
    Halloween Kills is my favorite movie of his. I didn't really like watching movies, especially horror movies. But a long time ago I came across https://www.firesticktricks.com/how-to-set-up-amazon-fire-tv-stick-for-first-time.html and decided to try it. After that, I really got into watching. All my weekends are spent watching new movies and shows. And I also have a brother who often does this with me

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Oct 8, 2022
    Dope list

JXY likes this.
    JXY likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024