Film Michael Myers' horror movies discussion thread

Started by Michael Myers, Apr 23, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 2, 2018
    Lmao I actually forgot that but when he walked to the baby some woman next to me said 'ooh not the baby'. Stfu b----. Go to a romantic movie if u dont wanna see this.

Yeah H2 saw it last week or so. Love it. Not a huge fan of the hospital stuff but the scene in halloween 2018 when he walked through the streets? Also my fav part of H2. And Loomis >>>>>>>>>>> s-----y boring doctor in this movie.

Also really hate that they didnt even try to make us care for the blonde girl and the fat kid. Compare them to annie, the hospital crew etc. from H 1 and 2.

But yeah not gonna lie esp the 2nd part of H2018 was pretty enjoyable. Can't say if i put it above or below 4 at this point, really wanna see it again soon!

M Solo likes this.
    M Solo likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 4, 2018
    Kind of a weird ending... but hereditary is pretty f---ing creepy

Apr 26, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 4, 2018
    Looking forward to this

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 4, 2018
    Saw this earlier looks good!

Hate that I have to wait so long to see Halloween again :emoji_slight_frown:

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Twan

Nov 4, 2018
    I saw the new Suspiria on Friday...I did not enjoy it! There are some intriguing ideas and a few grisly kills, but they're buried in a 2.5-hour meandering whole. The film boasts an over-the-top, operatic finale, but for me it was a little too late.

JXY, Michael Myers and CJ Poe like this.
    JXY, Michael Myers and CJ Poe like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 4, 2018
    Yea, I've seen it once myself, I'm gonna wait for the Blu-ray and add it to my collection

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 5, 2018
    2.5 hours is waay to long imo. The Shining gets a pass.

Hereditary was also 2 hours. 1st hour was pretty boring imo. Nothing really happened. Nice character introductions I guess but the time they spent on that I wish they explained the plot some more instead of rushing that in the end. Last hour was great though ngl.

I think the movie will grow on me. Definitely gets added to the Halloween watchlist along w 1, 2, 3, 4 and H20.

ComfortablyNumb, CJ Poe and Twan like this.
    ComfortablyNumb, CJ Poe and Twan like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 5, 2018
    @Devil White did u see last weeks SPN?? Perfect homage to Halloween!

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 5, 2018
    I hate part 4, the mask is horrible...lol the only ones I really I liked are, the original, part 2, H20, Rob Zombie's Remake...lol Now, Of course, add 2018 to the list

Yep, I never miss an episode...lol I caught that myself, I personally think the inspiration for that "killer" had a little bit of Mike, Jason, Freddy and Victor Crowley in him

Apr 26, 2024
  10. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 5, 2018
    I mostly like H4 for that vintage Haddonfield/Halloween vibe. Also liked Jamie/Rachel in it. Not a fan of Loomis in that movie compared to his role in 1 and 2.

It was definitely the story of Halloween (even the 'theme' was similar lmao. I think they only mentioned Freddy and Jason because of the confusion w Michael the archangel. But the scene w the killer and the trick r treaters was literally from H2 and H2018. Loved it. Killer was definitely a combination of Jason (big, slow and strong) and Freddy (burned skin). Overall loved it, from the Halloween homage to Sam and Deans personal stuff. It was an old school SPN episode. How do you feel about the Michael story this season btw?

And Jack, Cas, "Bobby", Nick lol

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 5, 2018
    I need to go back and rewatch the episode and look for those "easter eggs" and similarities you pointed out..lol I need to stop watching stuff when people are around, it f---s up the vibe I'm in

I like the storyline ok, I think it's just going to lead to Lucifer coming back to life and joining back up with Nick, he's obviously still in there anyway. He killed his neighbor with a hammer...lol

I'm glad Bobby is back though, one of my favorite SPN characters of all time

Apr 26, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 5, 2018
    Yeah I like this season so far but the whole Michael possession feels like 'Deanmon' from S10 to me. After 2 episodes its already fixed lol. Ofc MOC Dean was good later on but still..

Michael did nothing and 3 episodes later we haven't seen or heard from him and next episode it seems like we aren't gonna seem him either.

I dunno if Luci was still in there Cas should have noticed it right?

As for Jack.. its weird; is he human or not? They keep saying his grace will restore..so he's not human? When other angels grace was stolen they were 100% human (Cas/the one that tortured him, Anna, Adina that was killed by Crowley to help Cas).. so either Jack is human, so no grace or he's still a nephilim which means he should still have some powers. Confusing..

Bobby is gr8 but they replaced bobby w this alt universe one which is sooo disrespectful to the 'real' Bobby to me lmao. They wanna make us forget about him.. same w Charlie btw.

I am, for 4 seasons now, very pissed at how the writers dumb down Castiel. They said for years that he will be badass and 'his old self' again yet he gets his a--- kicked by a bunch of loser demons and cant cure a simple witch curse.. I know it was to make Sam and Jack the hero but come on an angel of the lord being a punching bag all the time (see the encounters w michael)
    I understand that he cant be like season 4/5/6/7/8 Cas where he saved their a--- all the time (it would make it too easy) but this is just.. pathetic lol. I wanna see him use his powers some more, I mean he's at full power they said? In S6 he beat an archangel and in 7 he cured Sams cage problems. He could k--- Crowley in S8, and killed bartholomew and malechai in S9 with borrowd grace.. why is he so weak now??

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 5, 2018

Apr 26, 2024
  14. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Nov 5, 2018
    You bring up a lot of great points that I wonder myself...lol

As for Jack, he'll more than likely get his powers/grace back before the end of the season

With the Michael situation, they'll probably have another actor or actress play him later down the line

I felt the same way about the Bobby situation, but now I look at it like, he's back that's all that matters...lol

Apr 26, 2024
  15. ComfortablyNumb

Nov 6, 2018
    Great review man. I was gonna add something about the characters. You’re absolutely right about the dad. He really s----d. I honestly would’ve preferred if Judy Greer was a single mom in the movie because I feel we could’ve gotten a better look at the relationship between her and her daughter. Instead we have the dad just kind of wasting space and not really adding anything to the movie. Notice how when he dies we don’t even get a reaction from his wife and daughter. If they have no regard for his safety why should we lol. And yes, the reporters I was especially annoyed with them dying so early. I actually really liked them both. I like how they were trying to figure out how Michael operates since he has no motive like in the original. I guess the idea was they got too close to the snake that bit them? They got killed trying to understand him. But I just wish they could’ve lasted a little while longer. And maybe the idea with the doctor was he thought he knew what he was dealing with but really didn’t, and that’s what got him killed. Loomis did, but this guy clearly didn’t because he ain’t Loomis. With that in mind I don’t mind the twist as much as when I first saw it. But like you said, lame as f--- that it gets dropped five minutes later. They could’ve done something more there. So, yeah. Dropping a few characters to let us get to know the other ones more would’ve made for a much better movie. Hopefully if they make another this is something that’s addressed. Just like H20, this felt like it was just building towards the inevitable showdown between Michael and Laurie. But unlike H20, I felt like there were way too many characters that existed just to get killed. I didn’t feel that way with H20, and that’s one area where H20 wins. I’m still not sure which one I like better. That will take time. But I can safely say 1, 2, and 4 are better.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 6, 2018
    100% agree except I have to see H40 a few more times to decide whether I take it over H20. Basically the 'same' movie w a different approach. Both I can kinda respect.

ComfortablyNumb and M Solo like this.
    ComfortablyNumb and M Solo like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Nov 10, 2018
    I'd never seen Evil Dead II mainly because I'd always tried to watch it right after the first one. Decided to give it a shot by itself. Loved it. Watched Army of Darkness. Loved it.

Love the remake as well. Easily the best horror franchise.

I should probably check out the show at some point.

Buddha and Michael Myers like this.
    Buddha and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Mothrfckr

Nov 10, 2018
    show is awesome too

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. DetroitDGAF

DetroitDGAF Locked in Mariah’s Wine Cellar

Nov 10, 2018
    4A7A722A-9189-4D86-B79E-D99B48B1B5B6.jpeg
    Met James Jude courtney

Apr 26, 2024
  20. Buddha

Nov 10, 2018
    The show is f---ing fantastic. I especially liked the first 2 seasons.

Apr 26, 2024