Film Best Posts: Michael Myers' horror movies discussion thread

1. Detroit24

Jun 25, 2021
    Jamie lee Curtis legend![​IMG]

CARNIFEX, BIGFOOT, CJ Poe and 2 others like this.
    CARNIFEX, BIGFOOT, CJ Poe and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 1, 2020
    H2018 is 10/10

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 29, 2020
    Insidious

A lot of haunted house movies are more of the same. And yes, Insidious also has a lot of genre clichés but at this point its kinda impossible to be 100% original. However, it the astral projection, the further, ghosts trying to take over their bodies etc. Pretty cool. Also think the cliché parts are done really well. Scary, intense and the characters are played perfectly u actually care for them. Really cool movie. Ending is f---ing great too 8/10

Insidious 2

LOVE that it picks up right after where 1 left off. The dads behaviour is great, amazing acting. We all know there was something off of course but those little things (talking to himself in the mirror etc) make it interesting. But the thing that really sells it, is that in part 1 we saw things happening and Elaine telling us that in the further time is non excistent. And in 2 they went back and showed that Josh himself was haunting the house trying to warn his family, and talking to his younger self. Last time I saw this is in Harry Potter 3. Great movie and yeah u cant watch just one or 2 it really is a 2 parter. 8.2/10

The Ring

This movie scared the h--- out of me when I was a kid. In 2020, it doesn't really scare me that much anymore but I still think its a really great movie. The story is unique, the whole mystery about the tape is perfect and the characters are real. Naomi Watts >

8/10. But, like Insidious watching part 2 makes 1 even better because more stuff is explained.

@BIGFOOT @Detroit24 @DetroitDGAF @Rick James @cpt awesome WPG joint acc @Judas Black @Martha Stewart

Apr 19, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 10, 2020

@Rick James @Grimace aka Andys Father @M Solo @The Moon Man @Judas Black @BIGFOOT @Detroit24 etc

Thoughts on this one? Same producer as US and Get Out (one was cool one was terrible) but this trailer looks dope. Hope it isnt like US -which turned out differently than the trailer- and the trailer actually represents the movie !

The Moon Man, CJ Poe, Ricky and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Jul 8, 2020

I think they should have gone VOD. I mean Christ Invisible Man is also from Universal and it's the 5th highest grossing movie of the year lol. Like I said- hope it leaks lol.

Apr 19, 2024
  6. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jul 8, 2020
    f--- me. I mean kinda get it because of corona but this sucks.

Also good to know they are just gonna put out the fire and he survives because of that lol

@ComfortablyNumb @Rick James @marshmallow @Asmxdeus @DetroitSkills @BIGFOOT :emoji_slight_frown: :emoji_slight_frown:

Apr 19, 2024
  7. M Solo

Jul 8, 2020

Welp. October 15, 2021. I hope this s--- somehow leaks and they lose a lot of money. c--- suckers.

Apr 19, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 6, 2020
    you can still delete this fam

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 2, 2018
    Okay so I can't look at this movie without comparing it. Basically this is a remake of H20 but with a different view on it (especially Laurie's character).

My judgement rn isn't worth s--- rn because I'm gonna have to watch this a few more times when I get the dvd.

Before I go into the movie itself.. this whole different storylines s--- is confusing as h---. I mean H4 and H20 was no problem since it was about 2 different stories: Haddonfield in 4 and Laurie in H20. But after seeing H20 monday it was so weird seeing the same character so differently lmao. I honestly prefer the 'I'm traumatized but try to move on w my life' Laurie over the 'obsessed, I home alone'd my house' Laurie. I do think Laurie's daughter and granddaughter >>>> John from H20. They are the only 2 characters besides Laurie that I cared about.

On to the actual movie.

The intro/theme; goddamnit I loved it. Nice throwback to the original with the same yellow text. Of course it doesn't mean s--- but I liked it.

The 2 reporters searching Michael and trying to make him talk, while he's at Smiths Grove. I hate that they showed Michaels face, I like that the reporter tried to get a reaction out of him w the mask. The doctor (the 'new' Loomis, f--- off lol) was annoying from the first moment I saw him.

Then we are introduced to Laurie's daughter and granddaughter. Judy Greer was AMAZING in this movie, the husband was a huge douchebag.
    We see the reporters go to Laurie, trying to get a reaction out of her. I was kinda hard feeling sorry for her at this point since she acted like a total b----. I actually kinda liked the reporters. Still, the whole storyline was pointless as f--- since they got killed off before they could actually add something meaningful to the movie. In the end the only purpose was Michael geting the mask back lmao, a shame really. I think @Big Dangerous mentioned this before. I did love the gas station scene a lot because 1. It was the gas station from Halloween 4, cool af and 2. the scene w the girl on the bathroom was straight out of H20.
    A little before that we got the escape from the bus scene which was cool. I like that he killed that little kid because thats who Michael is, he doesn't give a s---: he's the shape!

The scenes w Laurie, her daughter, husband and granddaughter arguing were really kinda boring. The scene where they walked down the streets was obviously from the OG except I NEVER cared for the fat f--- and the blonde.. Annie and Linda were TOTALLY more interesting.

Anyways, Michael got his mask back and at the theatre it was a break. I was like, yeah this s--- is pretty boring so far.

Then after the break it was Halloween evening and that is when it started to get interesting. The clip I posted above literally gave me goosebumps. The kids bumping into him was a copy of Halloween 2 (w the soundeffect being the same) and the Halloween theme followed by it, while he walked down the streets and killed that woman, which was a nice throwback to mr and mrs elrod from H2 as well.

We get some talks between the sherrif, the doctor and Laurie which is also kinda similar to 2 except w a little more boring characters. The cops waiting by Laurie's house were also unfunny and the dialogue....ughhh.

Then we get the scene w the blond girl and the little black kid. Like I said, she was so little in this movie I never cared for her (unlike the babysitters in Halloween 1 and 4 that were killed). I do think until the end the convo between her and the kid was hilarious. 'you gonna invite ur friends to smoke pot' :'(It was hilarious, until the point where she was butchered and the kid just said: oh s---. Totally unrealistic.

Then the friendzoned fat kid got killed. Loved that scene even tho again I never cared for him. Really like how they played w the lights and the k--- itself was cool af too. This was Michael the way I like him. Alison runs through the woods and eventually gets found by the doctor and the sherrif. They look for Michael and eventually find him. The twist w the doctor saving Michael could have been pretty interesting but instead its not explored and he gets killed 3 minutes later lol. Again, pointless.

Then Michael gets to laurie's house and he kills the annoying husband. The fight that follows between them is pretty great altough all the traps in the house were kinda I dunno, lame. I do like how she protects her daughter. After some more fighting they eventually work together and he is (supposed to be) dead. I loved that. I know that @M Solo was scared it was gonna be a WOMEN POWER movie, but honestly I think it wasn't. They were all great even though it was really hard getting used to the same character being played totally different (compared to laurie in H20). I can't stress enough how confusing that feels, still lol.

The biggest W for this movie is the use of Halloween and Haddonfield. Loved the scenes in the town and Michael was in top form. The daughter, granddaughter were great characters as well.. and I liked the reporters. Other than that, like I think @ComfortablyNumb said, the other characters were mostly annoying as f--- and I never cared for any of them.

Overall, on first watch I liked most of it. It's not as good as 1 and I'm not sure if I can put it over 4 or 2. I do like it a lot more than H20 (except I liked the concept of that movie more, the execution was boring as f---) and 5,6,ressurrection and the s-----y zombie remakes. I also think this might grow on me. Can't wait to see it again. It definitely had some really great parts that made me happy, despite the questionable parts/s-----y side characters.

Now, let's discuss!

@DetroitSkills @marshmallow @Rick @M Solo @ComfortablyNumb @Sign Language etc

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Oct 21, 2018
    I liked it but I dunno I'm not really the expert on this franchise like some of you seem to be. I was just glad to see Michael back on the big screen in what I felt was a better effort than most of the other halloween movies.

Thought it was fun and well done for the most part.

Apr 19, 2024
  11. M Solo

Oct 21, 2018

After thinking about it some more and reading what @DetroitSkills said I take what I said back. They did a great job with Halloween(the holiday) but the editing was jarring and they never really let it set in. And I guess the bigger problem is that Michael Myers didn't feel like Michael Myers. If felt like Jason Voohrees. That really took me out as well.

One horrendous plot twist aside I'm pretty sure you're going to love this film.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jun 8, 2018
    It's so great to see Michael Myers actually look like Michael Myers again for the first time since 1978

Apr 19, 2024
  13. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Apr 24, 2018
    Anyone else also SUPER hyped about John Carpenter scoring this too? We all know his original theme was the best Halloween theme. Creepiest horror music ever IMO. I have 100% faith he will do this new score justice.

Apr 19, 2024
  14. ComfortablyNumb

Apr 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    New official poster. @Michael Myers

Apr 19, 2024
  15. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Oct 2, 2017
    Blair witch was revolutionary

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Sep 9, 2017
    Watched It Follows last night for the 1st time.. expectations were sky high and I liked it.. but still, mixed feelings about it @Charlie Work @DetroitSkills @Changeling @VR46 @King V tbhh

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Apr 12, 2024
    @Help Myers is a predator. Ban him.

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Oct 15, 2023
    Yes, okay @BIGFOOT a confession: FvsJ was actually the first freddy or jason movie I ever saw in like 2005. I loved it then and I still do.

Jason kicked his a--- though

Apr 19, 2024
  19. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Oct 14, 2023
    I liked Freddy Vs Jason :')
    And also Jason is my favorite horror movie character

Apr 19, 2024
  20. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Oct 13, 2023
    Here you go @Michael Myers 61WPytvkdIL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg