Film Michael Myers' horror movies discussion thread

Started by Michael Myers, Apr 23, 2017, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 8, 2018
    Wow......

Just..

Wow...

All I can say. Need a few minutes to process this before I'll give my thoughts

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 8, 2018
    Okay.. before I start about the actual movie, love the concept they're going with.

Conjuring 1 was amazing. During the movie we got a glimpse of a doll, but they didn't explain what the f--- it was. They gave us a whole movie about the doll later (Anabelle). I haven't seen that but anyone (critics and non snobs) told me it f---ing sucks and I love this franchise too much to let it ruin it for me. Then we got Anabelle 2, that explains the origin of the doll. Haven't seen it yet either but from what I heard its great so will check it out.

Then we get Conjuring 2. At the end we see a glimpse of Anabelle again, but we are introduced to the Nun in this movie. Again we have no clue who or what the f--- she is.. but like with Anabelle, they gonna make a movie about her. Again, dope concept!

I don't want to be a buzzkill but usually a franchise can only stay good for a couple of movies before it gets boring and/or repetive. I truly think they need to stop now, except when they do come up with an original idea again. I have high expectations for The Nun but I felt the same about Anabelle part 1... so yeah it can s--- as well. Hoping Anabelle Creation is as great as people say!

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 8, 2018
    Now about the actual movie... @Devil White f--- you for hyping this up so much.

I was gonna watch this movie later and watch anabelle 2 and ouija origins before this one. Also got like 30 other movies on my waiting list to watch first.

The reason I'm let down by this is not that I thought it was bad.. but because I can't imagine any of the other movies being able to live up to this movie :mjcry:

It has to settle in and the hype has to go down but right now for me this is the best and creepiest horror movie I have ever seen in my life. It creeped the f--- out of me at some parts and the story, cast, scare moments, overal mood... were amazing.

I am gonna watch anabelle sometime.. because if you have Con 1,2 Anabelle 1,2 and the Nun 1,2 (they already said the nun is gonna be a 2 parter) and they don't f--- them up.. this could possibly be the best horror movie franchise ever that has 6 movies.

Also just saw they wanna make a part 3 focussing on the hound of baskerville.. and they also wanna do a spin off about the crooked man. s--- gonna be amazing

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Jan 8, 2018
    watched It Comes At Night and what in the f--- was that ending I'm irate

Apr 19, 2024
  5. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm glad you enjoyed it!

the film is definitely amazing, and you hit the nose right on the head with your review

Oh yea, Annabelle 2 ties into the original perfectly and the after scene credits are a tease..lol

I'll let you see for yourself when you get to it

But yea... Conjuring 2, makes Conjuring look like a Disney movie in comparison....lol

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 8, 2018
    Is annabelle 1 worth watching? Also lookin forward to anabelle 2, nun 1,2 and conjuring 3 (which will not be a haunted house movie.. how u feel about that?)

I still think conjuring 1 is an amazing and creepy movie. I like 2 more but not by a wide margin, but that says more about how much I love both movies. But d--- part 2 was so f---ing great wow.

ComfortablyNumb and CJ Poe like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 8, 2018
    Yea, to understand the ending of Annabelle : Creation , it's best to watch the first one

idk how to feel about Conjuring 3 not being about demonic possession/haunted house... I'm a big fan of that subject matter

considering these films are based on "true events" it feels better to me to continue the formula

I'm sure James Wan will not disappoint us though

Apr 19, 2024
  8. ComfortablyNumb

Jan 9, 2018
    Annabelle 2 is my top horror film for 2017.

And yes Conjuring 2 was fantastic. f---ing s--- that Nun is scary. I can’t wait for the standalone movie based on that. If they pull it off well it should be a terrifying film. Best scene in Conjuring 2 was the Nun at the end of the hallway. Imo scariest image in a horror film since The Shining with the twins. I also think 2 is superior but not by too much. The first is amazing too. I think the Nun is what pushes it over.

Also @Michael Myers yes you need to see the first Annabelle because the ending to Creation is connected. The way they did it is genius and the only way to understand is if you see it. Keep in mind though, overall Annabelle is an average horror film. 2 was way better.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 10, 2018
    Nice! Will check out Annabelle 1 first then.
    Yeah the Nun was scary af. Also the scene somehwere at the beginning where the girl was talking to the man and she suddenly stood next to her bed, and the nun scene with the painting >>>

Great movie overal!

Looking forward to Nun and watching Anabelle 2!

Also any of you seen Insidious 4 yet? Also anticipating that one! @Devil White

Apr 19, 2024
  10. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 10, 2018
    I haven't seen Insidious 4 yet but I may check it out sooner than later

After the s--- show that was the 3rd one, I was thinking about not even watching this one

The first two are classics though

Apr 19, 2024
  11. ComfortablyNumb

Jan 10, 2018
    I’ve only seen the first and second Insidious.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. ComfortablyNumb

Jan 10, 2018
    Yeah the painting scene comes right after the hallway scene. That whole scene was built up and executed so well. I was looking through my hands on that part. I was legit scared lmao.

And oh yeah, I would’ve said IT was my favorite horror film of the year but I don’t really consider it much of a horror film. I mean it is, but I liked it more for the story and characters than the scares, so I can’t really say it was my favorite horror film. Still loved it though.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    CJ Poe and Michael Myers like this.
    CJ Poe and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. ComfortablyNumb

Jan 11, 2018
    I already stated my opinion in this thread. Trash film. In fact I only kept watching in the hopes it would get better. Then they left us with the worst ending in horror film history. Also, what exactly comes at night? Because I didn’t see s---. It didn’t seem to matter whether it was day or night at any point during the film. They left a dude outside all night and nothing happened to him. Then the ending where ***SPOILER***they k--- the dude and his whole family when it was their son that got theirs sick in the first place. What exactly was the message there? And why didn’t they just let them go? There was no reason not to. f---ing terrible film.

Lil Squeed likes this.
    Lil Squeed likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 11, 2018
    Movie got high ratings.. but people I know IRL said it f---ing sucks too lol

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. ComfortablyNumb

Jan 11, 2018
    I really don’t get the praise. Nothing about it was redeeming to me. Felt more like one long episode of a TV series than a movie.

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 11, 2018
    Haven't seen it yet but doubt if I will.. so many movies I still need to watch I already dlded so maybe wont even bother checking it

ComfortablyNumb likes this.
    ComfortablyNumb likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 12, 2018
    Any of u seen 'A Dark Song'?

@ComfortablyNumb @Devil White

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 12, 2018
    Yep, loved it... I think I posted the trailer in this thread and asked anyone if they have seen it...lol

it's great, I love satanic horror... it's what I'm into anyway

Apr 19, 2024
  19. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 12, 2018
    The Devil's Candy was amazing I highly recommend that

Apr 19, 2024
  20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 12, 2018
    Is it scary? Or more psych thriller?

Its on my USB drive. Just counted, along w 21 other horrors and like 40 other movies. Also have 13 dvd's I still need to watch (Devils Candy being 1 of them). Also ordered Anabelle, Split and Dark Song.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024