Mixer Routing

Started by THCLUTCH, Jan 21, 2016, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. THCLUTCH

THCLUTCH To create or not to create

Jan 21, 2016
    As you all know, many different boards and daws have different ways of routing tracks' audio by default which is why I love FL Studio: the freedom of routing however the f--- you want to.
    I'd like to see some of you all's routing flows and possibly outboard flows as well. Bonus points for drawn out schematics. Feel free to drop your go to plugins/outboard effects.
    My mixer in FL makes my life a LOT easier:
    [​IMG]
    For starters, all my insert tracks are routed from the gray insert tracks into the yellow faux master track on the right [of course parallel with the 4 green sends that I NEVER use]. From that faux master track [which gives me direct control over the overall volume level without messing up any mastering chain I might have going], the signal goes into the mid channel [yellow one on the left] which has nothing but mid data due to the Stereo Shaper showing only the mid info. From the mid, the signal goes into the side channel [I forgot how I got the side only processing because that bus's effects is empty][there's a tutorial on how to do this in FL's manual by the way][ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL!]. From the side channel, the signal is routed into the main master channel [in red] that I ALWAYS keep clean unless I have a failsafe limiter/eq w/ a 20hz-18k cut just for no ear damage in case some crazy s--- pops off with my POS motherboard's soundcard.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024