Eminem My First Listen and reaction for Revival

Started by Sahil Kohli, Dec 14, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Sahil Kohli

Dec 14, 2017
    So I've listened to the album.
    And stop hating on it.
    It's dope.
    The album starts off really good with songs like WoW, Believe, River etc. Ed kills it on the hook.
    Chloroplastic was great, I loved Em's new flow n production. This song could've been miles better, Espicially after seeing how Em just destroyed a trap beat on Believe.
    Remind Me wasn't good, just a generic rap rock anthem that could've been better. Flow was okay. Like Home is dope, love the message, flow, beat n hook. Bad Husband is very touching, has a great beat, flow and Em spits some really good stuff here. I was always gonna fw Tragic Endings, it has that Recovery vibe to it. I loved Recovery. Skylar delivers this time. Framed has a great beat, it's produced by Alchemist I guess. I love how Em can still do his Slim Shady and Relapse voices and he has a nice flow, some great bars here. But the worst part is the chorus. It makes me wanna throw my phone into a ditch or something. Nowhere Fast is good, not great. Kehlani has a good hook, but I don't really fw Em's flow on here, but beat is great. Heat gets saved by the beat and energy on the track otherwise it's just lackluster. Offended, though Em flows good on some parts, this song's like a clusterfuck, as if 2-3 songs are being played on different times. Need Me feels more like Pink Ft. Eminem, Em has a nice verse and a flow but overall it's just lackluster.

This album gets a lil boring in the middle as something or the other is missing from every song.
    But then Marshall hits me up with those final 3 tracks.
    These tracks are literally gems as he spits some the realest, introspective s--- ever. Beats are great, he has got those bars and just the right amount of emotion. Castle third verse and the last song made me cry tbh. Loved how Arose transitions back to the previous song.

So this album, starts off amazingly, loses quite a bit of steam in the middle with those 4-5 okayish/meh tracks, but picks the f--- up in the end.
    A very solid project from Marshall. 8/10 easily.
    Doesn't even deserve the hate it gets besides a few tracks.
    Fans who have loved every LP of his except Encore will love it.
    Not a classic, but has at least 6 gems here. :)

(Just my opinion)

Attached Files:

BrenoB and Dustin034 like this.
    BrenoB and Dustin034 like this.
    Apr 23, 2024