29.0%
  3. Meh

34.8%
  4. Bad

21.7%
  1. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Aug 8, 2021
    Yeah the problem with this also is that criticism is good but the discussion just goes in circles and it doesn't do anything but make me feel more apathetic towards the song lol

Ordinary Joel and CARNIFEX like this.
    Ordinary Joel and CARNIFEX like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Aug 8, 2021
    Nas won with:

Closed casket flow, all you n----s get deaded
    They don't give you one single rose while you can smell it
    So I pick from my own garden (Garden)
    Wanna go out in my garden like Godfather
    Grandkids and a Rottweiler got over the block trauma

GawDEDEDE, Marsh, MichaelsMad and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. MichaelsMad

Aug 8, 2021
    Relapse sucks, so does recovery, and most of the SSLP. You keep saying hes sacrificing music and hes not...."its not the high standard you act like it is" mother f---er you cant rank my own personal standard to me lol. because I think the same about the s--- you say. Just because you listen to hip hop doesnt make you an expert on it. We have different opinions cool, but dont act like what you're saying is fact, or tell me that my standard is wrong or what my f---ing standards should be. I've already said before that I prefer this style bc of much I love battle Rap and you know I mix and do music too, I have a different view than you and I enjoy the MTBMB stuff. I hope for some people here he does more stuff yall like but godamn every feature verse this place gets several hundred new pages of "HES CAPABLE OF SO MUCH MORE WHY WONT HE DO THISSSSS" were all f---ing adults man take a few months off and go do some s---. Like I said before this whole s----s pointless, and I'm contradicting myself by responding but i like you so whatever lol. Ima go take my couple month hiatus again, see you f---ers later.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Aug 8, 2021
    The Relapse comment is talking about his ability to create new concepts/scapes/themes whatever. I’m not a fan of Relapse as far as the execution, he botched it big time but I don’t think the problems it suffered from would happen today in another attempt at a concept. It’s an example of attempting to talk about new things that stans are saying isn’t possible for some reason lol.

I know you’re into battle rap, as am I, this is why we’re having this conversation instead of just dismissing opinions lol. US battle rap sucks for the most part in comparison to UK, if that’s the bar you’re basing it off of, then of course Em will still be impressive but his level of ability from wordplay to punchlines was surpassed *years* ago. There is a level of objectivity to skill, not everything within music is subjective - that’s a cop out argument.

As you’ve been absent for awhile, you won’t have seen but I’ve been praising a lot of Em’s run up features in anticipation to this as they are genuinely fantastic & I enjoy 2/3 of MTBMB. This is a dud for a lot of people that don’t just appreciate BARS just for the sake of it without context, it’s disappointing for someone expecting a Nas x Em collab to be at a higher standard than a Nicki Minaj x Em collab. h--- he gave Fat Joe a 1000x better verse when the man’s been irrelevant for over a decade. The complaints are definitely warranted this time bro.

Everyone blowing the complaints out of proportion by constantly rejecting them as valid critiques tbh. Not everyone that has an issue are the usual suspects, far from it actually.

SSLP comment is crazy btw. Stick around.

Ordinary Joel and jankland like this.
    Ordinary Joel and jankland like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Poster on the internet

Aug 9, 2021
    I want to believe Nas deliberately ended his verse on the word spaghetti.

Mar 28, 2024
  6. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Aug 9, 2021
    Yo @Ricky thoughts on the new verse!?

Ricky and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Aug 10, 2021
    I'm disappointed. It's not the type of song I wanted to hear from them... Don't get me wrong, Eminem pen game was sick and that beat switch part was hard, but overall it wasn't something monumental like Nas X Em song should be.

I think the highlight of this track was EPMD back together. Nas verse only took off on the last few bars when he said something about Hip-Hop faking death etc. Em verse sounded like scrapped bars from Kick Off freestyle.

I was hyped after first listen, but hype died pretty quick.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. Marsh

Marsh Nobody told you that I'm loco, ese?

Aug 13, 2021

Mar 28, 2024
  9. GawDEDEDE

Aug 13, 2021
    Relapse aged so well particularly because the vast majority of rap roday is great flowing about nothing

J630, Ordinary Joel and SubwaySam like this.
    J630, Ordinary Joel and SubwaySam like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. joeyp363

Aug 13, 2021
    Still on constant repeat. Classic all around.

J630 and Ordinary Joel like this.
    J630 and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. eddie313

eddie313 MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

Aug 14, 2021
    Ya I agree... the intro was sick af Nas verse was fire and then after the "remix!!" part it started getting wack

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Marsh

Marsh Nobody told you that I'm loco, ese?

Aug 14, 2021
    We really need another collab

Mar 28, 2024