FINALLY WE GOT RID OF THE f---ing BUM

Mar 28, 2024
  3. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dec 13, 2016

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Dec 4, 2016

Poohdini, Jakey, redsoxx and 3 others like this.
    Poohdini, Jakey, redsoxx and 3 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

May 26, 2016
    DeAndre Jordan getting first team all NBA is a joke and the voters should be embarassed.

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Apr 18, 2016
    Anddddd K Leonard takes DPOY. Draymond finished 2nd and Whiteside 3rd. I have no problem with the order or anything. Ik Whiteside is prolly pissed but he still took a huge leap from being out of the league to being the 3rd best defender in the NBA.

Mar 28, 2024
  7. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Feb 24, 2016
    @NBAsxn

sportsposters Miami Heat All-Star forward Chris Bosh is under increasing pressure from physicians and the organization to sit out the rest of the season because of the potential dangers of a recurring medical condition, league sources told The Vertical. Bosh has a meeting planned with Heat officials, including team owner Mickey Arison and president Pat Riley, in the next 24 hours to move closer to a final determination on his status, league sources said. (via Yahoo Sports) : @heatalerts_

Mar 28, 2024
  8. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Feb 8, 2016

Mar 28, 2024
  9. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jan 15, 2016
    Good game, Derrick played really well, JB looked understandably exhausted, and Dirk killed us with a few clutch buckets down the stretch.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    @Jet your boy

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Dec 18, 2015
    @M Solo @Kon here's the slam you guys have been waiting for. RIP Clint Capela

M Solo, IZZO, Lost Batarang and 3 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Dec 3, 2015
    Sure. Obviously being in Chicago I'd known about him since his days at Simeon. Followed him closely at Memphis and was excited that the kid from Chicago was looking like the #1 pick in the draft.

07-08 The Aldridge/Tyrus Thomas swap the year before set us back a bit. We drafted Noah in 2007, and were average to mediocre in 07-08. We had a 1.7% chance at the number pick, so getting a top 5 pick, let alone the #1 pick just seemed to good to be true. Winning that lottery was a dream come true for Derrick and the city.

08-09 He instantly re-energized the team. It didn't take us long to figure out this guy was gonna be special. We had a solid squad, but with Derrick they had direction and a go to scorer who opened up the floor for everyone. His game was far from perfect. He was ruthless attacking the rim and was a gifted passer. Didn't have much of an outside shot though. He had the highlight dunks & crossovers, but that 1st round series against Boston was his formal introduction to the rest of the world. He set the playoff scoring debut for rookies with 36 against the defending champs. Nobody here really thought we had a shot, but after game 1, we all believed because of Derrick. We ended up losing in 7, but there was no question he was a superstar in the making.

09-10 He made slight improvements, but was still pretty limited as a jump shooter. The biggest difference in his game came in the playoffs, where he put up 26 ppg, up from his regular season average of 20. We ended up losing to the Cavs in a pretty competitive series, but again we were very optimistic for the future of the team. We finally had a clear building block for the future.

10-11
    MVP season. He'd famously not recruited LeBron and other FA's because he felt it was disrespectful to the guys on the team since we would've had to make moves to get him. Some were upset, but I think it just speaks more to his competitive nature & loyalty to his guys, something that gets lost amid the injury news nowadays. In his pre season presser, he made waves by saying "Why can't I be the best player in the league? Why can't I be MVP?

I don't want to say we laughed at the comment, it just caught us all off guard. Season rolls around and not only does he pick up where he left off, he turns into one of the best players in the league. He destroyed every top PG in the league, nearly tripling his 3PFGA, and we finish the year with the top seed in the east. His MVP speech was like everything coming full circle. This was a kid straight out of Englewood. He'd tell stories about how he'd be hooping at the park and as soon as he heard gun shots he'd pick it up and run home as fast as possible. He wasn't just the MVP, he was OUR MVP and we had 100% confidence that he could lead the Bulls to a championship one day. With Derrick, the team had hope.

He continued to roll against Indiana & Atlanta and finally in the conference finals we got to see Miami vs Chicago. At the end of the day, they were just too good of a team. As soon as Lebron switched on Rose the other guys weren't capable of picking up the slack. If you have a chance check some of the box scores from that series. Rose's numbers were down, but the rest of the team played pretty awful. Not much you can expect out of guys like Bogans, Brewer etc. Some of his best plays ever came in that series. 4-1 was disappointing, but every game was close, so again, we still had hope.

11-12
    Lockout season. We had a lot of time to speculate on how far the Bulls could go. He ends up hitting a game winner in LA on Christmas day, not a bad way to start the year off.

He went through a lot of nick nack injuries and missed about half the year. Nothing major, but enough to keep him out. Nonetheless he was 100% come playoff time. This was the year we thought we could push past Bron and make it to the finals. We end up dealing with Philly in game 1. Derrick played well. Thibs decided to put him back in the game, up 12, with a minute left. Again, this was a guy who was constantly injured. The move he made was pretty crazy and unnecessary. It completely s----d the air out of the arena. I remember heading to the gym after, and in between a break of 21 we found out he'd torn his ACL. The team really couldn't recover from the emotions of seeing him go down, and we lose to a Philly team that we probably sweep if Rose is healthy. I can't find it atm, but there was a commercial of the city with ppl watching the game every where, and as soon as he goes down, it freezes. It was a really accurate description of how everyone felt.

12-13 Nothing very notable this year, besides the "leak" that Rose had been declared healthy in may. I put that in quotes because a lot of ppl here believe that the source of the leak was the team, who wanted him to get right back into it as the playoffs start. He didn't feel he was ready, and a lot of folks took that the wrong way. I didn't think it was right to make your hometown MVP susceptible to that kind of criticism coming off an ACL tear. This is a major injury to a guy whose speed and athleticism were huge parts to his game, if he doesn't think he can play to his standards, why put him in harms way? He was only 23 with a long career ahead of him, there was no reason to rush.
    This is from the preseason, crying at launch of the D Rose 3 because of all the love he'd been getting during rehab. Easy to forget how young he was at the time.

13-14
    No more recovery nonsense, THIS was the season we were ready to challenge Miami for the top spot in the east. He started the season slow, but it was clear he still had all the gifts that made him a superstar. He's said since that he felt he "wanted it too much" and didn't make the necessary adjustments to his game. He tears his meniscus in his other leg in Portland, and our season is virtually over a that point. He went toe to toe with Lillard, at the time a ROY candidate, and hit a game winner against NY. We'd seen enough from him that year to think maybe with more time to recover from a much less significant injury, he could come close to the player he was in 2011.

14-15
    Finally the front office made some big improvements to the team. Pau Gasol was the post presence we were looking for when we signed Boozer. This was Jimmy's breakout year, but it wasn't fully clear until about 2 weeks into the season. It felt like we might have all the right pieces to contend for a championship. This was the best Derrick had played since 2011.

His meniscus was pretty scary, but the injury was minor, and guys like Eric Bledsoe & Westbrook had gotten similar procedures, so the worry wasn't as high as previous years. He got healthy before the playoffs, and played some of his best ball of the year that post season. With the highlight obviously being his game winner vs the Cavs. :drose:

15-16 The shooting numbers aren't kind to him this year, but the team is playing well. IMO he's playing great, just can't seem to knock down shots. One of my earlier posts has comments from him saying the vision isn't an issue, but if you look at the way he's shooting it's clear it's bothering him. I think eventually he'll get out of this slump, and hopefully we get to see another classic series from the Bulls/Lebron. There's nothing better than watching him get it going at the UC, Barkley mentioned there's nothing like it when he called the OKC game early in the year.

Overall, it's been a roller coaster. In Noah's words "sometimes he says some crazy s--- and it gets him in trouble, but at the end of the day, he's a competitor." I don't think people realize how much worse it could have been for him. It's an accomplishment that he's even made it this far back. He gives the team & city hope because of his heart, hard work and belief in himself and his teammates, which is why I'll never turn on the guy.

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Kon

Kon

Jun 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Serg

Jun 5, 2015

Mar 28, 2024
  14. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

May 26, 2015
    Vintage JC

Red Rum, M.I.C., J.T. and 3 others like this.
    Red Rum, M.I.C., J.T. and 3 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Jul 20, 2021
    Good for Giannis. What a monster. Best player in the league

Mar 28, 2024
  16. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Oct 13, 2020

great piece on how the lakers can get better this offseason.

RetiredAccount, SHUDEYE, Kon and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 26, 2020
    idk i think it’s a valid statement by black athletes to be like “we’re not gonna play for your entertainment if we keep being murdered”

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Kon

Kon

Mar 8, 2019
    @dna hits , I’ve heard a decent amount of Lakers fans talk about regretting getting Bron, but you won’t see me being one of them. Bron not only puts them in the best spot to win a title in the near future, but also gives em the best chance to get another star next to him.

With that said, this season has certainly been awful and maybe this season alone they would’ve been better off keeping last year’s team, basically adding IT and Randle to the mix and taking away Bron and the other vets.

I feel like looking back on it now, the final nail in the coffin was the AD fiasco and how that was handled. Magic, Rob and Bron all preached patience at the start of the year then threw like all 6 of the young guys and some picks at AD when they got the shot even though it appears the Pelicans were never serious bout the talks. The front office f----- up big and I feel that ruined trust and chemistry for the season. They were making progress before that and before the injuries.

As far as Lonzo goes, I don’t know how to feel exactly. On the positive side, I feel he’s a LOT more valuable than some think. The Lakers D is way better when he’s out there and he also runs the offense way better than anything they’ve had since. But his injuries and toughness are a concern, he doesn’t seem to play through anything and a minor injury originally slated to be day to day ends up keeping him out for months. That kinda scenario has happened at least 3 times already in his career.

It’s gonna be an interesting offseason, I hope they keep Ingram at the very least, hopefully Kuzma too. I could definitely see them landing Kyrie, he’s gonna be out of Boston for sure. No clue what happens to AD though lol.

Mar 28, 2024
  19. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 31, 2019

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jun 1, 2018

asvdawg, CavalierTD, JEB and 2 others like this.
    asvdawg, CavalierTD, JEB and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024