NBA NBA Discussion Thread

Started by Mike Tyson, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Feb 10, 2019
    All they needed was for Jaylen and Hayward to start playing better and they'd be back in the title contention.

Jaylen already playing better, and they were back in the top 3 in the East within 2 weeks (dropped back to 5 after two games they had huge leads in). So, again, I'm not really worried.

If Hayward starts playing at a high level again, they're gonna roll.

Celtics get these big leads and let teams get back into it, mainly because Hayward is ice cold and s--- bogs down with him. And most of his problem is injury related (fear of driving), not talent.

If Hayward gets over it (which he's shown glimpses of it recently), he'll be fine.

Also, Celtics are 5-2 vs Bucks, Philly and Raptors this season, with a trash Hayward.

So let's just see. I'm seeing how C's start playing in March before I write off their talent.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Feb 11, 2019
    You see Marcus Morris after the Clipper game? Worried about the team chemistry at all?

Fitzy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Feb 12, 2019
    My point is their problem isn't talent.

They lost the last two games after being up 18 points and 28 points... People are really losing sight of that lol.

If they don't blow the huge leads the last 2 games, they'd be 12-1 the last 13 games, with a 5-2 record vs Bucks, Raptors and 76ers, and with a 3rd place standing in the Eastern Conference.

Plus with games coming up against the Raptors, 76ers and Bucks, who they have winning records against. If they go 3-0 vs them, they'll be 8-2 vs all 3 teams.

By the end of February, they could have easily been number 1 in the Eastern Conference, and we're talking about how they're the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.

IDK, I'm still not worried about games in February. i just hope that they're healthy, and Gordon Hayward starts playing great by March. If that happens, they are STILL the team to beat in the East.

Until someone beats them in a 7 game series, I'm betting on them to get to the NBA Finals.

I'm not saying teams can't beat them, but I've seen them play at their best and play at their worst... if they play at their best, they can literally beat the NBA's best.

So we'll see. I just hope Hayward starts playing better.

redsoxx, Big Mitch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Feb 12, 2019
    The Sixers in Philly, shorthanded. Just what the doc ordered.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Feb 12, 2019
    Celtics look dialed in, and beat a Philly team on the road without Kyrie. That's why I'm not worried until playoffs.

Apr 26, 2024
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Feb 14, 2019
    So... If Celtics didn't drop those two bs games to the Clippers and Lakers...

They'd be 14-1 in their last 15 games, with their only loss coming to the Warriors in a close game....

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Big Mitch

Mar 3, 2019
    you still not worried?

not saying you should be, just curious. if i were a fan, idk if i'd be worried or not. i think they need to dump hayward though. he still looks embarrassingly bad - especially post all star break

Apr 26, 2024
  8. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Mar 3, 2019
    Woo Pistons!

Apr 26, 2024
  9. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 6, 2019
    After last night's win? Nah.

Apr 26, 2024
  10. Big Mitch

Mar 6, 2019
    Warriors always do that s--- though. No Klay and a horrible night from boogie, that’s not the same team at all. Celtics just seem toxic 100% of the time, and Tatum/Hayward have each had disappointing years. Maybe they flipped a switch tho, who knows.

Ordinary Joel and Fitzy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 6, 2019
    Main thing I look at is Hayward.

A lot of people put too much stock into the regular season though. The problem with Celtics is they play up/down to their competition. They've shown that they can be unstoppable at times, and at other times they seem uninterested.

In any other sport, I'd say they're f-----, but basketball is a marathon, and most of the time, the most talented team/team with most depth wins. I think Celtics are insanely talented, and probably have the most depth in the NBA.

I think once they're in the playoffs, fighting for their lives, they're gonna roll. But that's just my theory on the team. I think they'll be inconsistent all regular season until playoff time.

Ordinary Joel and Big Mitch like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 6, 2019
    Trust me @Big Mitch they f---ing drive me crazy and piss me off weekly. I'll think they're gonna roll, then they lose 4 straight, then they beat the Bucks/Raptors, win 5 straight, then lose 3 straight again...

I just go by how they play against top competition and how great they look when they're on. I think that's their potential. They're title contenders when playoff time rolls around. I could be wrong. They could be completely toxic and get bounced the first round. I just don't think that's the case.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. Big Mitch

Mar 6, 2019
    I see what you’re saying. I don’t want to give a defninitive answer on what’s going on with that team, because it’s such a d--- mystery lol. I do think they just need to re-tool and let Kyrie walk and have the team centered around Tatum for the future. I think Kyrie is bad for those young guys.

eddie and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. eddie

Mar 6, 2019
    I think Tatum trying to do to much... guys let their ego get in the way and everyone wants to get buckets when they are down.

Biggest thing they need to work on is hustle and to be solid defensively... steals and tip passes was huge yesterday.

When Kyrie shares the ball and other guys knock down jumpers... they are a great team. Smart had a game yesterday and so did Hayward.... if that is the case they will be hard to beat. But it all starts on the Defensive end...

Fitzy, Ordinary Joel and Big Mitch like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. eddie

Mar 6, 2019
    I think Celtics are better off focusing on the young guys and having Terry be their main point guard. Brown and Tatum have had bad years but if they can get it together... I think the Celtics are better off without Kyrie. Stevens system is meant for ball movement and team play not Iso ball...

Having said all that... if the Celtics can get into the third slot in the east going into the playoffs... they gave a good chance of coming out of the east even with all their problems.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Mar 6, 2019
    When they play defense and move the ball around, they're almost impossible to stop. Problem is, when they jump out to big leads, they get complacent and stop playing defense, or start jacking up contested 3's. It's really irritating.

Apr 26, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

Mar 6, 2019
    Bron’s leadership and defense this season is probably the worst I’ve ever seen on any team I’ve followed all year.

He and management deserve an equal share of the blame, injuries didn’t help either.

What a disaster of a season, gotta just hope for more losses and a higher draft pick at this point.

Magic and Rob better not f--- up the offseason but gotta assume they will.

dna hits, eddie, game time67 and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. CavalierTD

CavalierTD The Pride of Pittsburgh

Mar 6, 2019
    I’m having fun watching the Cavs & that’s all I can really ask for.

Big Mitch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Big Mitch and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Big Mitch

Mar 7, 2019
    All it took was gettin K-Love back. I still think they’re a borderline 8 seed with him playing at a high level.

Ordinary Joel and CavalierTD like this.
    Ordinary Joel and CavalierTD like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. CavalierTD

CavalierTD The Pride of Pittsburgh

Mar 7, 2019
    I completely agree. I’m excited for the post-LeBron life of this team.

Apr 26, 2024
Live Thread