Kendrick Lamar New album is "d---." played backwards.

Started by mawnlowers, Apr 15, 2017, in Kendrick Lamar Add to Reading List

1. BlockaShotya

Apr 16, 2017
    f--- off of drake's pencil d-ck you goon

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. mawnlowers

Apr 16, 2017

:king::king:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Jruiz

Apr 17, 2017
    I came across a comment after watching Bigquint's reaction to d--- that got me thinking. As much as I would want 2nd album from Kendrick, I don't think there will be one. I believe the that album fans are theorizing for is already within d---. I don't know if this has been discussed, but if not, here is the comment:

@Don Ramon
    "This album has 2 stories, wickedness story and weakness story, listening to it in order 1-14 tells one story, while listening to it 14-1 tells a different story. In one he lives through FEAR, in another one he lives through RAP and dies on the street, becoming just another news story, hence why the order 14-1 ends with the BLOOD's Fox News sample. The cover shows 2 kendricks, a wicked red one, and a weak green one on the back. The reversed parts in the album are the hints of him telling us to "PUT IT IN REVERSE"

Either way, the title works, in his life, growing up with a father and living "right" he still FEARS, because when we die, we leave everything behind, even if you are living right, an act of kindness can k--- you as simply as that, as we are constantly reminded "WHAT HAPPENS ON EARTH STAYS ON EARTH!"
    even if he lives through RAP, the backwards order, he ends up dead in the street by an act of kindness, dying and leaving everything on earth all the same

That's the meaning of d---, from the word DAMNATION, that once we die we are cursed to leave everything behind."

I just listened to the Album from track 1 - 14 and then backwards and they do still connect thematically and flow perfectly. But depending in the order you listen to it the songs have different meanings. I think this theory makes the most sense because on the back cover it is split between white and black on top of the quote from above.

Let me know what you guys think. And if you haven't listen to the tracks in reverse order take a listen.

BLOOD.
    DNA.
    YAH.
    ELEMENT.
    FEEL.
    LOYALTY.
    PRIDE.
    HUMBLE.
    LUST.
    LOVE.
    FEAR.
    GOD.
    DUCKWORTH.

Reverse

DUCKWORTH.
    GOD.
    FEAR.
    LOVE.
    LUST.
    HUMBLE.
    PRIDE.
    LOYALTY.
    FEEL.
    ELEMENT.
    YAH.
    DNA.
    BLOOD.

Pgill2016 likes this.
    Pgill2016 likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Rocsted

Apr 30, 2017
    There is no story going forward but it only make sense that the tracklist is backwards.
    DUCKWORTH is his birth and acknowledge meant of this man's "imaculate conception". Like he even looks a his life as an act of divine intervention which transition exactly into GOD where He talks about how blessed he is despite the fact that he might not deserve it. Then FEAR hits and his cousin tells him that all black ppl are all cursed according to the Bible and unless he becomes more godly that all his wealth will be ripped away and all black ppl will forever be opressed in the US. And then who have thought that the next song would be --- which is about watching black ppl all the country get killed just for being black. I see a pattern. Next LUST where he actually asks is Donald Trump be elected president is a retribution for all black people's actions that may or may not be considered godly.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Shaquanrulez

May 2, 2017
    I second this notion. Infact, I signed up for this website just now because When I first discovered that s---, i checked online if it was intended by him or not...or if anyone else picked up on it.

You put me up on the wickedness though, i didn't think about that, (especially ending in BLOOD). Ironically, HE GOT HE GOT "DNA" in his "BLOOD" aka the true order lol

mawnlowers likes this.
    mawnlowers likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Puto Cudi

May 10, 2017
    f---ing h--- men, since the launch this album has been growing on me , now with this f---ing theory ?!
    This album is a f---ing 10/10 .
    BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME:kreepykanye:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024