Production New to Production Progress Thread

Started by Versace Python, Feb 5, 2017, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Versace Python

Feb 5, 2017
    What up S80, I just started producing about a week or so ago, and i'm already in love.

I've only made a couple really short beats so far, but I plan on trying to force myself to put out a few things a week and will use this thread to track my progression.

I was listening to old soul stuff today and heard a song that caught my ear so I ended up putting this together:

Any feedback/suggestions welcome, i'm looking to learn as much as possible!

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  2. Sterling

Sterling Psychic Spy In Training

Feb 5, 2017
    This is really nice. I like the sample(s) and the cuts are really smooth. The drum patterns tight, fits the sample really well, I couldn't hear any variation though. I've always been a fan of ever evolving drums but something as simple as removing an element in the last 4 bars can bring a whole new life to a beat, just something to consider in future work. I haven't the got monitors at hand but the mix sounds pretty clean.

You only been at this a week? I'm sure I heard automated compression at the beginning, that's not normally something people f--- with in their first few attempts so good on ya.

You're either an insanely fast learner or a natural, either way keep up the good work. I sense some bangers coming.

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  3. Versace Python

Feb 5, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback man!

Progression is something i'm still figuring out, i've got a long way to go.

I used automation on the EQ for the intro/outro, something I picked up from a guy on YouTube named cjbeatz.

I don't have monitors yet, i've just been using some monster earbuds, but i'm definitely looking at picking some up.

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  4. Versace Python

Feb 19, 2017
    I've been really busy with work lately, but here's my first real attempt at trap:

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  5. Versace Python

Feb 23, 2017

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    0 0
    Apr 16, 2024