NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 18, 2019
    I feel bad for Agholor, I really do, but d--- dude you have to make these catches. It’s just gonna be better for both parties to move on after this season

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 20, 2019
    Ravens probably the best team in the NFL right now. They're a matchup nightmare for the Pats. I think any traditional offense will struggle vs the Pats defense, because of how good their secondary and pass rush are. But any QB who runs a similar offense to the Ravens (Seahawks, Ravens, Houston, etc, maybe Dallas) will give the Pats trouble.

As far as Brady? He doesn't trust Newhouse at Left Tackle. I honestly think Newhouse is the worst lineman ever, dude can't block for s---. Thank God we're getting Wynn back this week. The offensive line is a mess without Andrews (who isn't coming back) and Wynn. Also, the tight end position has really killed them, just from a blocking standpoint. No running back can get to the edge now.

I still think Pats are a top 5 team, and will obviously be in contention for a Super Bowl, but they have glaring holes right now.

Apr 23, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Nov 20, 2019
    Dallas offense is going to be a tough task for y’all unless Jason Garrett tries to mimic the Ravens game plan. Dak/Cooper/Gallup have just been studs this season.

Apr 23, 2024
  4. dna hits

Nov 20, 2019
    I want to pick Dallas this week really bad. They have a better overall offense for sure. It’s just Dak couldn’t step up and beat a good team, yet this season. Losing to Teddy Bridgwater and the Jets. I’m just not sold enough on Dak taking the next step up. Great regular season qb this year? Yes. But him actually facing competition in the playoffs, I still don’t see him as a playoff caliber qb. This is his year to prove me wrong. And with Dak’s stats this year, if he keeps it up, Dallas is going to probably have to pay him close to what he wants.

Apr 23, 2024
  5. dna hits

Nov 20, 2019
    This would be horrible to do. Belichick literally studies games he loses for nights barely sleeping he said in a past interview. Dak won’t be able to just throw to Cooper mainly with patriots putting Gilmore on him. The cowboys need Zeke to pull off a surprise game and also have a running game going to beat the patriots. I think Gallup could be a huge threat to the pats along with Randall. It’ll be hard to cover all of them.

also I did laugh and thought of you bitching about paying Zeke all that money, on a fantasy site every Zeke owner was bitching about him and they weren’t even good enough trade bait for him. They may vote him for the most overrated rb of the year when the fantasy season is over. Do you play fantasy football btw?

Apr 23, 2024
  6. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Nov 20, 2019
    @Sign Language vs. @BlueWorldOrder

Texans vs Colts tomorrow in a very important game seeing as one of these teams will likely win the division

Can Houston bounce back from last weeks rough game? Will Jacoby continue to impress seeing as he was inserted into the lineup on such a short notice? Who wins? Thoughts?

Sign Language and BlueWorldOrder like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. BlueWorldOrder

Nov 20, 2019
    If TY plays we win. If not I won't be as confident.

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  8. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Nov 21, 2019
    TY always puts on a show at NRG :empalm:

Hopefully we can win but I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys s--- on us tbh.

BlueWorldOrder likes this.
    BlueWorldOrder likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  9. BlueWorldOrder

Nov 21, 2019
    Yeah I don't know why TY always goes off against yall. Wonder if maybe Houston told TY they were gonna draft him earlier in the draft and TY just held a grudge that they didn't and TY just plays extra hard cause of it.

Apr 23, 2024
  10. dna hits

Nov 21, 2019
    So the sport analysts on tv claim that got some intel from ties with the cowboy administration. They’re saying if Dak beats the patriots, the cowboys are going to pay him. If he loses the game, they’re going to just franchise tag him and not pay him what he wants because he can’t beat a good team. This is just breaking news. What’s your thought about it @Enigma I do see the cowboys point of view. However, if Dak gets extremely angry over being franchised tagged, I’d probably still try and work out a deal with him. You don’t want tension with your starting qb. And some are backing up the franchise tag, saying Dak is trying to throw the h--- out of the ball to get paid like a top QB. “If he does get 40 million, is Dak going to try and continue playing as hard as this year, we doubt it” That’s the words from Fox Analysts atm.

Apr 23, 2024
  11. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Nov 23, 2019
    @Enigma and @KnobodyKnows vs. @redsoxx and @Fitzy

Cowboys vs. Patriots

Will Pats offense get back on track? Can the Cowboys win in Foxboro where few teams do? Who wins this one? Thoughts?

Apr 23, 2024
  12. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 23, 2019
    This is the typical game where everyone doubts the patriots and then they come out and blow the other team out

Apr 23, 2024
  13. dna hits

Nov 23, 2019
    f--- it I’m going with the cowboys this week. The patriots don’t play tough teams all season and when they play someone semi good it’s only a 1TD score. Patriots don’t have the offensive power the cowboys do. Or Dak shows his true side against a good defense and becomes a pick machine this week which is what worries me. I think as long as Elliot can also run defense against the pats, Dallas will win. Brady is struggling to even score td’s.

Apr 23, 2024
  14. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Nov 23, 2019
    We’ll probably lose because Garrett cannot be trusted in big games. Like I said earlier in the week, Garrett is going to watch how the Ravens beat the Pats & attempt to mimic that game plan. Would not shock me to see Zeke get the ball 20+ times Sunday. It’s likely going to fail miserably. The question is: how quickly will they abandon that game plan & move to letting Dak throw? How deep of a hole will we have put ourselves in at that point? Who knows...

If by some miracle, we do come out aggressive & attack the Patriots D through the air, we have a shot. Patriots D, secondary in particular, is very good so Dak throwing an int or two wouldn’t surprise me. Even if that happens, nothing about the Patriots offense has particularly impressed me this season. Their offense as a whole has been pretty average so far. I don’t trust the Cowboys defense but this is one of the better match ups for them. If the offense can jump out to a fast start (something they’ve struggled to do all season) & we get like a 14+ lead on NE—I don’t think their offense is good enough to dig them out of that hole.

TimmyT likes this.
    TimmyT likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  15. dna hits

Nov 23, 2019
    Yeah but you know patriots have the best secondary. If Zeke is getting positive runs. You have to agree on them running the ball more. Now if Zeke is running like s---, yeah I agree to mostly pass. Dak is known to struggle against a good team. He’s not throwing all over the patriots. They’ll have to split it up. But with how good Gallup is doing I think he’ll be a major threat to the pats plus Randall can run some sneak routes and get some passes. Too bad Dallas didn’t have an elite TE. Their offense would definitely be dangerous then. I’m still saying the Cowboys win, because some teams they lost to are way better than the patriots who are struggling to score. And then Dak gets paid sometime soon during the next week or 2 after this game.

Apr 23, 2024
  16. dna hits

Nov 23, 2019
    I won all the games last week. I’m seriously a professional sport analysts for the nfl and info on penguins and s-----y pirates. But not professional for the mlb or hockey. And like usually twice a month a sports station lets me do the start em or sit em fantasy players. I don’t live in a huge area, but you can get this station in Pittsburgh. An old history professor I had runs a pretty big radio station and I finished top 100, out of 10k people in a playoffs fantasy like league. I was one player away from finishing in the top 10. If I went with DeVante Adams instead of who I picked back then for a WR, I would have been in the top 5. I gained recognition after that, since I was the first person in my county to ever come that close in a fantasy league with 10k members.

If anyone wants to try this out for the playoffs lmk. It’s like $105 for a team. I’m doing it this year because I believe the packers are going to the Super Bowl and Ravens. Taking Lamar as my QB, Adams for my WR. Probably the pats defense. A wild card team kicker. I gotta study for the rest.

Apr 23, 2024
  17. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 24, 2019
    Bruh lmaoooooo

Apr 23, 2024
  18. Kon

Kon

Nov 24, 2019
    @Boos im pulling for Philly in this one cuz f--- the Seahawks, but how the h--- did Wentz overthrow that so bad on 3rd and goal there? d---. That was rough.

Apr 23, 2024
  19. dna hits

Nov 24, 2019
    Come the f--- on Odell. Please get me at least 15 points for once against the s-----y dolphins. Man I’ve never seen a WR fall off as bad as Odell did. Ik Baker is s-----y, but against the dolphins he’s throwing decent and Odell needs to come through with catches and quit dropping passes. @TimmyT was still raving about how Odell is the best WR pre season. Then once the season started I’ve never seen him even post anything good about Odell lmao

Take that post down @Boos it’s too offensive for sxn80. This isn’t sl where you could do that s---. And now you know I was right when I said Wentz might be decent against s-----y teams, but he’s no Kirk Cousins. This season proved Kirk is the better overall qb. However, I was trolled by Wentz tbh. I thought maybe he’d break out this year making him one of the future elite qb’s. Sucks that he isn’t because I drafted him in several leagues. Maybe give him a better receiver next year plus having Ertz to throw to. I’m not giving up on Wentz yet.

Kon and Boos like this.
    Kon and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  20. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 24, 2019
    f--- Wentz should have never paid him.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
Live Thread