NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Base Reality

Base Reality AKA Chewie

Dec 6, 2019
    Trubisky had half a dozen throws into heavy traffic that threaded the needle, most of which were on the run with perfect placement (other than the int). Dak had one good deep ball during garbage time, Mitch definitely had more impressive throws

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Base Reality

Base Reality AKA Chewie

Dec 6, 2019

But people will still somehow s--- on his game

Apr 20, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Dec 6, 2019

I wasn’t the only one who noticed this btw. The TD throw to Cooper was probably the best throw of the night. He had another great throw to Cedrick Wilson who dropped it. A couple others to Cooper & Gallup in the 4th.

Apr 20, 2024
  4. Base Reality

Base Reality AKA Chewie

Dec 6, 2019
    there are 2 great passes here, the 3rd one he as all day and it was still low.

both of mitchsTDs to Robinson were perfectly placed, both passes to Wims before halftime in the end zone that he didn’t catch we’re perfectly placed. There were passes on 3rd down, one to miller the other to Patterson where there was nothing but cowboys around and he threaded the needed for the first.

even with Trubiskys INT, Dak still had several of the worst throws. He was throwing low all day, into the ground several times and had a 40% completion rate up until garbage time.

was his garbage time TD to copper arguably the best throw of the night? Sure. Did he also have all 4 of the other best throws? Not a chance.

im not even hating on Dak, I like him a lot, seemed like his throwing hand was banged up after that Mack pressure early in the game

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Enigma

Dec 6, 2019
    Again, I’m not saying Dak played better than Trubisky lol. I’m saying Dak had most of the best throws of the night & admittedly most of the worst throws of the night. Trubisky was great with his legs. He was very efficient passing as well.

This TD to Robinson is more on Robinson than Trubisky. Jaylon has his back to the QB, every QB is throwing this. Robinson does a great job to fight at the point of the catch.

this is a standard slant leverage throw. You see QBs make this throw dozens of times every week. You expect your franchise QB to make this throw 9 times out of 10.

P.S.This is the best clip I can get of the Cedrick Wilson drop. This was arguably the 2nd best throw of the night, just dropped.

Apr 20, 2024
  6. dna hits

Dec 6, 2019
    Lmao so the cowboys actually lost this game. I had a feeling bears were going to win. Obviously enigma Trubisky played better with the lead they had. Honestly, cowboy fans already saw Dak in his prime. He’s not a playoff caliber qb. Cowboys are better off using him as trade bait sometime for the best rookie QB in a draft, if the other team is willing to go through with it. Dak clearly isn’t a franchise leader. Sucks missing Thursday games working 2nd shift.

But I’ll get to watch Skip blow the f--- up tomorrow and slowly but surely, even cowboy fans are starting to blame Dak some. Even Reggie Bush said the cowboys would be better off handing the ball off to Zeke the majority of plays.

Base Reality likes this.
    Base Reality likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Dec 6, 2019

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Enigma

Dec 6, 2019
    its gonna be great when whichever NFC East playoff team actually wins a playoff game lmao.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Dec 8, 2019
    There are some good matchups today

Chiefs vs Pats

9ers vs Saints

Seattle vs LA Rams

Baltimore vs Buffalo

Apr 20, 2024
  10. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Dec 8, 2019
    :emoji_triumph:

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. dna hits

Dec 8, 2019
    The saints and 49ers game is d--- good right now. You watching it? It’s been a while since we got to watch 2 great teams having a shootout. Looks like this game is going that way. This could be a preview of the nfc championship game.

Apr 20, 2024
  12. dna hits

Dec 8, 2019
    Yes everyone gets it enigma. You’re division is ranked the worst ever in the history of the nfl. Quit trying to laugh about when you are really angry on the inside and want to convince yourself Dak is some elite qb whenever he’s garbage against any decent team. No one cares or wants to hear anything about those terrible teams. We have better games and teams to talk about here. Before ur thread banned from here, that’s a warning.

Apr 20, 2024
  13. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Dec 8, 2019
    Are the Texans f---ing serious dude. f--- betting on football

Detroit24 and Sign Language like this.
    Detroit24 and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Buddha

Dec 8, 2019
    Bro, what the f--- is wrong with your Texans? How is this happening, at NRG no less?

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  15. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Dec 8, 2019
    Never wanted to see a player blow his knee out more than Taysom Hill

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Dec 8, 2019
    We are the worst winning team in football. Inconsistent as f---. Smfh

Buddha and Boos like this.
    Buddha and Boos like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Buddha

Dec 8, 2019
    It’s unbelievable. It’s the same thing every year with them. I’m a lifelong Pats fan and was extremely disappointed last week seeing how the Texans absolutely manhandled them. But I always pull for the Texans when they aren’t playing my Pats and was hoping they’d go on a little run here to close out the season.

I know I shouldn’t be too surprised by how they played today since this has always been their MO. It’s like they put everything into beating the pats and after they got that win, they got too confident. They didn’t put in that same level of focus and preparation this week because they were playing a s--- broncos team. It’s like they assumed they just needed to show up and they’d win since they just demolished the patriots a week ago. I don’t know, as a casual fan, it’s frustrating. I can’t imagine what it’s like to be a die hard Texans fan.

I still think they need to move on from obrian. He consistently fails to keep them playing at a high level for consecutive weeks. During his entire tenure as head coach, this team has had really strong rosters. And they don’t have a single deep playoff run to show for it. That’s unacceptable.

Apr 20, 2024
  18. Enigma

Dec 8, 2019
    I’m angry that the NFC East is terrible? If the NFC East wasn’t terrible, the Cowboys season would be over. Com’on trent. Do better.

Apr 20, 2024
  19. dna hits

Dec 8, 2019
    The cowboys season is already over, no matter who wins that s--- division. Dak is awful. Throws picks to any decent team. He can’t score in the redzone. And now pro football analysts cowboy fans are finally talking s--- about Dak sucking. No one cares about that piece of s--- team since like week 5.

Apr 20, 2024
  20. dna hits

Dec 8, 2019
    I’m curious to watch Eli tomorrow night. Well I work 2nd shift so I’ll probably record the game. The ending may still be on when I get home.

The giants should have benched Jones after he lost to a s--- team earlier in the year and when Tate and Barkley were playing. Eli could have still took this giants team to the playoffs, since their division is real s---. I always watched Eli when I got the chance. He was only playing bad because his line was so bad he was being hit within 2 seconds getting the football. He also had no good receivers to throw to. Now he’ll have Tate, Sterling, Barkley, Slayton, Engram. He’s going to do good enough to where giants mangers are going to catch heat because Eli is going to do good enough to win the division, if he would have played all year. Jones isn’t starting another game this season.

Apr 20, 2024
Live Thread