NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Feb 3, 2020
    Looking forward: the 49ers should absolutely be in the QB market. They would be by far the most attractive destination for aging QBs looking for teams slated for a SB run (Brady, Brees, Rivers). They should also look at QBs in the mid to late rounds of the draft.

Apr 19, 2024
  2. dna hits

Feb 3, 2020
    Naw they aren’t going to do that lol Jimmy may not be a big gun slinger like Mahomes, but Mahomes has proven he’s the best nfl qb.

It’s also not Jimmy’s fault Sherman got burned 5 or 6 times. And the 49ers made their team a run first offense, without Jimmy throwing in gun mode first down. They should have ran it more in the 2nd half. Deebo is a beast and a future great WR. A s-----y rookie qb isn’t going to make a rookie a star WR. Once Mahomes got in his groove, the game was over. The entire 49ers team froze up. I’d still trust Jimmy more than Dak in big situations because Dak has proven to fail to competition. 49ers was going to lose another regular season game, then with like 1:38 left, Jimmy went down the field into easy FG territory.
    Edit: A tight end shouldn’t be a QB’s best go to target either. Neither should Deebo be, as a rookie. They need to draft a good WR.

And how the f--- did no defenders pick the pass where Mahomes just lobs it in the air looking like a punt. 49ers defense was out of breath, especially in the 4th quarter.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. dna hits

Feb 3, 2020
    Also this is future talk, but if Chiefs can keep Mahomes and Hill together and their defense gets better. They will be the easy favorite. Steelers have beaten Pat before and can do it again. With a good defense for once. Ben who got a whole season off that rested his body and hopefully the shoulder will be fine, he’ll be out for redemption. They could get him one other great wideout but doubt they do, because of their young WR core.

Apr 19, 2024
  4. Enigma

Feb 3, 2020
    They won’t but they should. Very few things remain constant in the NFL. 49ers can’t expect their defense to be as dominant next season & for Shanahan’s schemes/game planning to carry the offense. There’s going to be declines in some areas of the team & they’ll need the QB to offset that decline if they want to make it back to the Super Bowl. You can hope Jimmy G improves next season or go out & get a QB who you know is an upgrade all together.

Kittle is probably the best player in the NFL period & Debo was very good this season—regardless of being a rookie. That’s not even mentioning Emmanuel Sanders who was very good as well. San Francisco has playmakers. There are QBs out there—potentially available—who’ve got it done with less. I’m also not saying they draft a rookie QB & start him year one. I’m saying they should draft a promising/developmental QB. Unless Jimmy G improves—he shouldn’t be the future.

Apr 19, 2024
  5. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 3, 2020
    I agree with @Enigma but they won’t make a change at QB

Sign Language and Enigma like this.
    Sign Language and Enigma like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 3, 2020
    If they got Foles though they’d win the super bowl

Apr 19, 2024
  7. dna hits

Feb 3, 2020

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Enigma

Feb 3, 2020
    funny enough, during the regular season I tweeted out that Jimmy G was basically Nick Foles just less volatile with a lower ceiling. I got so much s--- for it at the time from everyone i knew but that tweet aged like gold lol.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. Enigma

Feb 3, 2020

Apr 19, 2024
  10. dna hits

Feb 4, 2020
    Lmfao at comparing a guy starting 7-0 then ends up making the super bowl already, it took Foles
    Lmao at being so furious with a post that you can’t defend because I post stats and facts. It took Nick Foles way longer than he just started to get to a super bowl.

And trust in Belichick. That’s where he wanted Jimmy to go, since others wanted to keep Brady. Belichick wanted to keep him since he learned their system and showed he was ready. Belichick knows he’ll work out with the 49ers, as he already has. Jimmy went to the super bowl, the cowboys didn’t? Hmmmm but I thought you can only win playoff games with a gunslinger. How did that work out for brees this year, Rodgers. Brady has been garbage for about 3.5 years so I’m not including him. Plus jimmys rings with them. He had to play some key downs at times.

How can you even hate on Jimmy winning the NFC but defend Dak every single chance you get. I swear you watch Skip Bayless when he goes on about Dak and the cowboys and write key lines down that you like:

On a funny, hopefully troll note: Skip said he’s not saying Mahomes is going to end up being the better qb than Dak. Lmao he already has a ring. Surely cowboy fans aren’t that delusional, thinking those 2 are on the same level.

Apr 19, 2024
  11. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 4, 2020
    Jimmy G got to the super bowl on just 25 pass attempts combined. That’s the definition of making a run in spite of your QB.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 4, 2020
    Just got Snapchat memories of running on the streets after the eagles won two years ago. Need that again

Apr 19, 2024
  13. Enigma

Feb 4, 2020
    Shanahan didn’t even trust Jimmy G to run a 2 minute drill before the half in the Super Bowl lol. One of the big reasons they lost that game.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. dna hits

Feb 4, 2020
    Hilarious seeing the Patriots in crumbles begging Brady to play for 30 million a year now. f--- they’re better off trading him for people, at this point. Brady needs a great slot, A good WR and a top tight end to be able to be successful in the league with his style of play.

Wonder why people on ESPN are so click bait heavy they argue “jimmy traded back to the pats possibly for Brady”. Obviously 49er’s wouldn’t do that with a very young offense and a 28 year old qb vs a 43, out of his prime, lost his long ball, decreased throwing mobility. They don’t want some washed up, stinky cheating player like Brady. 2 minutes left in the super bowl in 2021, and if I had to choose between Brady and Jimmy, I’d go with Jimmy. Just because Brady’s throwing mobility went to s---. Idk if he could even use a really deep threat anymore having trouble throwing deep, accurate passes.

Apr 19, 2024
  15. dna hits

Feb 4, 2020
    Also can’t wait to watch some sport shows I think tomorrow I’ll be able to for a while, over Dak already crying about money. They must have made an offer he didn’t like. In his mind, he’s the best current qb at everything. You can tell how arrogant he is from interviews and s---. I called it, Cowboys were going to have to end up franchising Dak.

You have to win your division and make it to the playoffs about every year, if you want to impress Jerry. Not losing against s-----y teams and getting wiped out against above average teams. There’s clearly something the cowboys see in Dak that worries them. I’d bet money Dak will never make it to the super bowl. He should be happy with like 27 million a year or whatever the offer was. No way are they dumb enough to listen to Dak’s agent mention around 40k for him, if that was the real number Dak wanted idk just what I read. Skip is working on a list to defend Dak in every way imaginable for tomorrow’s show. I think he even lost some confidence in him this year at the end of the season, but won’t admit it yet.

Apr 19, 2024
  16. JFK

JFK Bleach on my t-shirt

Feb 6, 2020
    Kansas City has been fun this week. I'm still not fully recovered from partying on Sunday.

Enigma and Boos like this.
    Enigma and Boos like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 6, 2020
    The Vick 30 for 30 is great. That Redskins Monday night game is still unbelievable.

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 8, 2020
    All my friends are getting snap chat memories of the parade from two years ago today and I’m not cause I smashed my phone when the patriots took the lead in the fourth quarter and then it dropped when I was running around the streets after the win and it was done after that lol

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. dna hits

Feb 11, 2020
    Browns need to grab Rivers, if they’re going to hold onto Odell for another season. He can still throw a bomb. His arm is still miles better than Baker’s. They have a offense that can win games and with the right qb, be a wild card contender. But not with Baker, which was proved this past season.

I wouldn’t care if the Steelers even signed him. Just because there’s word with Bens injury, there has been athletes that were never fully recovered after the same surgery and had to retire. At least we would have Rivers to gun the ball for a young, fast, talented set of wide receivers. Until the Steelers find the next young qb to take over, I would take Rivers.

Apr 19, 2024
  20. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Feb 11, 2020
    i'm not sure where rivers will end up, but i'd be shocked if its the browns. the browns used a 1st OVERALL pick on baker not too long ago. rivers arm isn't miles better than baker's. rivers is 38 years old--so he's obviously not the same physically... and he never had the strongest arm to begin with.

i'm not sure how good baker will end up being, but at this point its hard to tell. he did good as a rookie. in his second year not so much...

Apr 19, 2024
Live Thread