NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 13, 2018
    No, there was tons of talk that was at first primarily led by fans/media talking heads. I didn’t think the cowboys were stupid enough to follow the gossip though. This move was totally dumb. Dez was by far our best receiver & despite his fall in production (which you can directly attribute to the loss of Romo & Dak being a more passive QB/not having the best chemistry with Dez) Dez was still the guy. The thing I hate about Cowboy fans is they ALWAYS need a scapegoat. With Romo out of the picture, Dez was the next target & it’s unfortunate everything played out this way. Releasing Dez makes us a worse football team. People thought Dak struggled last year? Imagine how he’s going to perform with T. Williams as our #1 receiver. It’s totally idiotic.... what good is that $8 million now this late in free agency?

Apr 26, 2024
  2. Enigma

Apr 13, 2018
    I don’t mean to throw Dak under the bus but Dez’s lack of production last season really had a lot to do with his play:

Casual fans don’t understand that though. I watched every game & I can’t tell you how many times Dak threw Dez balls that either required a spectacular catch from Dez or were uncatchable.

Xmipod and Groovy Tony like this.
    Xmipod and Groovy Tony like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Riley

Apr 13, 2018
    Can’t wait to see Dez have a 2014ish season with his new QB (whoever it may be) that knows how to use him. This move, while obviously being upsetting to Cowboy fans from an EMOTIONAL angle, is just stupid all around. The coaches made this happen. Garret and Linehan. And with that being known, to think that Jerry chose them over Dez, is extremely upsetting. This is a move Dallas will regret.

Edit: also glad you posted the PFF tweet. Not that PFF is the best standard for judging NFL players, but it does show how much people exaggerate the 2016 season. 2015 he missed half the year and was playing through injury when he did play. ‘16 he was good. And then last year he struggled of course, but who on the offense DIDNT? It was a bad year for the team in general. Just irritating to see people using this selective memory to discard Dez like that.

Enigma and Groovy Tony like this.
    Enigma and Groovy Tony like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Groovy Tony

Groovy Tony Grandma's baby Eddie Kane

Apr 13, 2018
    I remember two years ago when people were saying Dak was better than Wentz
    :lmaooo::lmaooo:

Xmipod and Boos like this.
    Xmipod and Boos like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 13, 2018
    This time next year Dallas will be looking at a QB in the first round

Groovy Tony and Xmipod like this.
    Groovy Tony and Xmipod like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Riley

Apr 13, 2018
    Could very well be possible. I still think Dak can be a solid starter in this league, but my respect for him has gone down substantially with these reports that he was one of the voices responsible for this Dez decision.

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Enigma

Apr 14, 2018
    I was just going to say this.... I wouldn’t be surprised if Dak played some sort of part in this. After the Seahawks loss last season, I remember Dak making a sarcastic comment about Dez dropping a ball (“I have to throw it right at his head I guess.” or something of that nature). He’s going to learn the hard way. Now, there’s no one else to scapegoat, him & Zeke are targets. If this offense doesn’t look substantially better than it did last season, all that criticism is falling on their shoulders. With that being said, I still think Dak is the guy but he clearly needs support. He’s not a player we can lean on yet. He needs an effective run game & playmakers to throw the ball too. Now he has one less playmaker...

Apr 26, 2024
  8. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 14, 2018
    yeah, you're right.....i got it mixed up.

dez said staying in the NFC East is something he wants to do

Apr 26, 2024
  9. Riley

Apr 14, 2018
    Pretty sure it’s all but known that Dak wasn’t heartbroken about Dez leaving. Depending on which WR we draft in rounds 1-2 I MIGHT feel better about al this, but they could screw that up too by taking the wrong guy.

And obviously trading for Earl Thomas is another thing that would make this wound heal a little quicker.

Apr 26, 2024
  10. Riley

Apr 14, 2018
    As of now, it’s not looking like any NFC East teams are interested. Green Bay likely isn’t an option atm either. Too much bad history there for Dez.

Apr 26, 2024
  11. RMoss81

RMoss81 Human After All.

Apr 16, 2018
    Vikings already resigning key pieces. Kendricks.

Thanks for the concern, Boos, but I can never die.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Enigma

Apr 17, 2018

Smh I can’t believe we released him.

Apr 26, 2024
  13. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 18, 2018
    nfl schedule release on thursday :)

Apr 26, 2024
  14. Kon

Kon

Apr 19, 2018

d---, @Boos and @TimmyT , if true this kinda sucks, I was looking forward to this matchup week 1 and thought it was pretty much already confirmed that it'd be the NFL opener.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Apr 19, 2018
    Giants released Brandon Marshall.

Could they be going after Dez?

Apr 26, 2024
  16. Heisenberg

Apr 19, 2018
    5 Primetime games for SF
    TNF Raiders
    SNF Giants
    MNF @Packers
    Rams
    @Seahawks

Week 1 @ Vikings @TimmyT

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    TimmyT likes this.
    TimmyT likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 19, 2018
    Yea smh that would’ve been a much better game. I’m guessing they changed it due to the leak

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 19, 2018
    And you guys will get the full dose of Wentz for sure now @Kon

Kon and Groovy Tony like this.
    Kon and Groovy Tony like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. dna hits

Apr 19, 2018
    Vikings beating Philly this year in regular season. I could see them coming out and surprising Philly. Now post season i don’t see it with Cousins being a guy that chokes as bad as any qb I’ve ever seen in must game winning drives. Maybe cousins is just now hitting his prime? I’d take Wentz over Cousins as a franchise qb who I could see being more dominant with post season runs. He brings a fast paced energy to his offense that keeps the defense fairly shook imo, especially after watching this nfl film show on the guy. Cousins sort of reminds me of Jay Cutler and does just enough to get by and paid for the regular season. Idk if cousins has the heart for a super bowl run and isn’t consistent enough. But he does have some weapons like Diggs and Adam in their prime. And foles is still on the eagles roster? I’d keep him if I could in case Wentz doesn’t feel 100% right away you could always save his health early in the season. They have a good enough team with foles too; to get by a while without Wentz. Injuries/concussions are no joke in the nfl with 340lb men running 4’8s these days drilling qb’s.

I’m glad Philly kicked the pats a--- with a 2nd string qb and now the patriots are on a downhill spiral and couldn’t catch up to the Steelers Super Bowl rings while they had a chance. That drives Boston fans crazy knowing they technically still aren’t as dominate as a franchise as the Steele’s overall lol Stats don’t lie.

I am curious to see how Wentz comes back and performs. I genuinely like the dude and seems like a good guy. I just wonder if he was a one year hit like Dak was, but Wentz looks so much better than Dak in general that I’m starting to think Wentz may be a top 5 or even top 3 future qb in the nfl. He can get rid of the ball so d--- quick and read defenses extremely well for being as young as he is. Especially after I watched a sports show on him and former coaches talking about him has me convinced he should be a elite nfl qb, “IF” he can stay healthy.

Groovy Tony and Boos like this.
    Groovy Tony and Boos like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Kon

Kon

Apr 19, 2018
    Yeah honestly maybe it's better in the long run to play the Eagles with Wentz anyways, might as well get some experience against him in case of another possible playoff match up.

I just hope if they meet again in the playoffs, the Vikings have home field next time..that could be the difference. But either way regular season or playoffs if the defense is as awful as it was last time, they'll get destroyed.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
Live Thread