NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. dna hits

Apr 19, 2018
    I feel if Vikings had a better qb this recent post season then Vikings could have possibly went to the super bowl. I’m happy the Vikings realized Keenum wasn’t a good enough playoff qb and just got rid of him after his bad post season performance while Vikings have young enough talent for a few possible Super Bowl runs imo. They deserved one the year Favre was purposely targeted and had a bounty on him. To where Keenum just didn’t seem comfortable and couldn’t manage those types of playoff games and should have done a better job with his weapons. Ik their defense struggled a little that game against the eagles, but I still feel their defense was more superior year round last season, if I remember the stats correctly Vikings were like a top 3 ranked defense right?

What is your opinion on getting Cousins Kon? I’d be pretty excited since they went out and got one of the best available qb’s on the open market which shows the Vikings management are chasing a Super Bowl while they have a solid team on both sides. Plus, Cousins has some stud wideouts plus a d--- good backfield to take some pressure off him. I just feel Vikings was a perfect fit for cousins, in a way. Like the Steelers offense may be better but as a team overall idk if I’d even rank them above the Vikings before the season just because of how bad the Steelers defense is and with Shazier our future defensive stud being done for good.

Pretty interested in the nfc this year also curious how the 49ers end up performing. I don’t think the cowboys are on the level of the eagles, Vikings, saints and a couple other nfc teams unless Dak shows he wasn’t a one year wonder. That and their defense needs to improve to compete with some star power offenses.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Kon

Kon

Apr 19, 2018
    f---, so bitter that my work screwed me over last year and took away my Sundays off...now that the Vikings are good and get afternoon/night games, I got f---in 5 days off I gotta request this year just for football..Jesus.

Oh well, I'm not gonna ever be at work while a d--- game is going on, so either I get the days off or find a new job..their own d--- fault for switching up my schedule for no reason anyways.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Apr 19, 2018
    @dna hits I'm quite happy they got Kirk and really they only had to pay an extra 10 mill or so than they would have paid to resign Keenum anyways, so well worth it. I'm sure Kirk will have some bad moments, but it's easily the most talented team he's ever been a part of and he's got a lot of weapons to work with..very excited but cautiously optimistic cuz well....I'm a Vikings fan and I'm used to choke jobs/disappointment.

Still though they got a very good free agent QB and that's not something that can happen too often, so I'm not complaining at all even if there's some ups and downs.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. dna hits

Apr 19, 2018
    I agree man. Does the Vikings still have McKinnon too? That’s another option Cousins has throwing short passes too and Cook is a beast rb. Sucks he got hurt last year but Cousins never had a elite (yes I’m considering Vikings backfield elite with cook and McKinnon) backfield. Plus on the back of his mind he knew redskins weren’t a super bowl caliber team to where now I’m sure he knows it’s a possibility. I see something special in Diggs too tbh. Sucks he was banged up at the end of the year too plus cook with that season ending injury.

And yeah what you said last is spot on. A free agent qb like Cousins was probably the best option in the league at the time and like you said that’s pretty rare to get a qb in that scenario. All qb’s are going to have some bad moments, but Kirk is on a very solid team now so I bet that has him motivated too. When you look at their backfield and wideouts, they can compete with anyone.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Kon

Kon

Apr 19, 2018
    They lost McKinnon unfortunately, he was awesome but too much to pay for what would’ve been a 2nd or 3rd string RB, Cook coming back will make up for his loss. I think Cook’s ceiling is higher than McKinnon’s anyways.

How’s the Steelers outlook for this year? Seems they’re always in the mix and a dangerous squad but I don’t know how much longer Big Ben has.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. dna hits

Apr 19, 2018
    Cook definitely makes up for his loss as long as he stays healthy. I just liked with McKinnon you could spread him out in the slot. Nice having a rb who can lineup anywhere like that which maybe cook can also do that. He was doing d--- good too up until the injury.

The Steelers need to draft some good defensive players. Theyre already confirmed the best team in the afc by about every sport analyst going into this year regardless (offense is just too stacked compared to any other afc team) but they can’t be scoring over 40 points every game and will get upset in the playoffs again if their defense doesn’t improve and completely shuts down against a qb like Bortles. I can’t even troll my way out of that. What I hate with Tomlin is he was supposed to be some defensive wizard coach the Steelers owners were hyping him up years ago about drafting their defense. Can you even think of any elite defensemen Tomlin drafted since he was a coach? Not really going to count Shazier now that he’s done.

I figure Ben could have another 3 great seasons with the offense he has around him. Bell has another 2 prime years left maybe 3 imo. But rb’s these days you see suffer a major knee injury or something along those lines eventually and don’t last as long. I love Bell but I can’t blame the Steelers not wanting to sign him long term. Failed drug test even though it was only weed but he just has that cocky attitude that he feels he doesn’t need to go to camp and shows up as he wants. However, Bell isn’t replaceable imo. My dad and others claim Connor could take his place but I think that’s their heart talking than actually watching the 2 on film. Connor has Pittsburgh’s heart and one of the fan favorites but realistically how are people around here comparing him to Bell already? He looked decent some runs but a backup rb in reality. I wish he was that good but i just don’t see it. What do you think the Steelers should do over the Bell situation? Do you guys agree he’s a rare rb that I don’t think he’s worth getting rid of.

Plus Ben has Brown, Juju-Smith and I think Bryant is coming back. Ben doesn’t have anymore excuses with this offense. And he wanted rid of Todd and he got his wish. Ben wants to run the field and call his own plays, is he a good enough game manager for that? I’m worried there. And 2 years ago news blew up here locally from inside sources Ben was purposely calling audibles just to not hand Bell the ball towards the red zone so he could throw some more td’s. Even times towards the end of the game when Steelers already had the game won which does make you wonder. Bens excuse was he didn’t want Bell getting too many carries and him and Todd fell out after this certain game. Then these Pittsburgh reporters ended up saying a lot of it was just jealousy on Bens part with Bell being the new star. I could almost see Ben being half jealous tbh but I also understand running Bell too much. They have a chance to get 2 rings in the next 3 years imo. I’m only worried about a few nfc teams now

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. RMoss81

RMoss81 Human After All.

Apr 19, 2018
    Rumor is, they switched it because Eagles fans are f---ing crazy.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 20, 2018

Mar 28, 2024
  9. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 20, 2018
    boos that's a funny T-shirt, but its not like the vikings and eagles are rivals. that type of shirt would be a lot more appropriate for one of your rivals like the cowboys or redskins.

i was hoping the eagles and vikings would play week 1, because there's a good chance Wentz won't play early in the season

the vikings don't have any games that are in reasonable distance of me this season. therefore, i think that'll give me an excuse to travel to minnesota and see the new stadium for the first time

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 20, 2018
    Those shirts were made after the title game when the Vikings fans were whining about how "Eagles fans were mean to us." Much like Moss was doing lol

Mar 28, 2024
  11. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 20, 2018
    9AD8041A-167B-4ACF-A0F7-B0DFDA8A1C49.jpeg

Mar 28, 2024
  12. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 25, 2018
    nfl draft tomorrow :)

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Apr 25, 2018
    Which of these guys are hall of famers?

Ben is HoF worthy, first ballot or not depends and is debateable.

Eli is in simply for his legend and significance in NFL history and for being reliable over a long time and great in the playoffs and SB

Rivers is my favorite of the three but simply too inconsistent and not successful enough. I see people saying HoF when in reality he's just a an above-average QB who is great sometimes and suffered because of his organization.

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Heisenberg

Apr 25, 2018
    Ruben Foster maybe paying off his ex, or she almost killed his career.

Mar 28, 2024
  15. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 26, 2018
    coming to yo draft party! :)

Heisenberg likes this.
    Heisenberg likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Heisenberg

Apr 26, 2018
    It's a good time. We just watch the draft in my garage and I fire up the grill. I'm moving another TV into the garage today though. One TV with the draft and the other with the Bucks game on. Already stocked the garage fridge with alcohol and beer.

Big Mitch and TimmyT like this.
    Big Mitch and TimmyT like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Apr 26, 2018
    Sounding like the Browns are gonna pick Mayfield at one.... holy s---, maybe Dorsey is onto something. Still think Saquon is the best player in the draft, but if they can get him at 4, might as well.

Mar 28, 2024
  18. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Apr 26, 2018
    so apparently someone dug up some old tweets in which josh allen tweeted "if it ain't white, it ain't right"

talk about bad timing. i wonder how much this will hurt his stock

Mar 28, 2024
  19. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Apr 26, 2018
    Yea teams were saving this tweet to put out closer to draft time to have him fall to them at later pick, allegedly

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Kon

Kon

Apr 26, 2018
    Didn’t this happen last year on draft day as well? Or maybe it was 2 years ago, I know a pic was released of someone smoking weed or something like that and it came out on draft day and was the big story, can’t recall who it was.

Bet this happens fairly often going forward, someone holding onto something till draft day then putting it out there to try to help their situation or hurt someone else’s.

Mar 28, 2024
Live Thread