Loyalty to earn
    Royalty to who it may concern this is Los Angeles King Snapback
    Sipping 'tron out the Stanley cup, I don't give a f---
    Drown them in the moat and let the bridge up

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Pinhead

Jun 13, 2017
    The retirement home top 10

You can't compare across eras when pretty much all of those guys got their points at a time when goalies were terrible. Everything about the players and systems is better now and goalie technique has changed entirely. Crosby is on a different level.

Goldy likes this.
    Goldy likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. coil

Jun 13, 2017
    Quite sad to see a hockey fan completely disregard everything about the league what pre (???) the year where everything magically got tough for players to score goals? I have my own biases about certain eras like it's real hard for me to take the pre-expansion era seriously because there was 6 teams which sometimes keeps the likes of Richard(he almost makes the list on his iconicness alone) /Harvey/JB etc off my list and I'll admit I haven't read as much about them.

Syd ain't Gretzky and if u don't believe that I dunno try watching a game before 2010. Syd's career isn't over yet so we can see but 200 points in a season. You think Crosby could do that??? 92 goals?? Dude doesn't have close to the vision that Gretzky has. I feel silly even having to say this. Same with Orr. Hard to think of a player who impacted the game more than he. Say goodbye to Brent Burns/Karlsson/Letang etc. without Bobby Orr. Is 2002 recent enough for you when Mario got 92 points on s--- penguins team? at how old 40? I would say Sid is def close to Mario in that he does make others around him seem better than they are. Not close to the way Mario did but still. Isn't Jagr still putting up 20 goal seasons at mid 40's in this era? If Jagr was 25 now forget about it he'd still be slaying. Dudes ppg and s--- is only being brought down because he's playing the game a good decade after everyone else retired. Patrick Roy basically won 2 cups by himself for the Habs and he changed the way goalies play the game as well (was he the start of when goalies were "good" or?). Lidstrom for the sheer tenacity and durability and leadership.Then there's the goal scorers. Sure Ovie is probably the greatest goal scorer of all time. But I would say Bossy is a very close second. 4 f---ing cups in a row. No one was more clutch. Essentially the NHl's Kobe. Highest GPG. Bure is arguably the most exciting player to ever play but i guess since he played in the 90's it doesn't count. 5th highest gpg despite battling injuries his whole career. The two Hull's are on here for just pure goal scoring ability. Brett Hull in particular is Crosby levels of douchebaggery but he's a prolific sniper and Bobby Hull after Richard is probably the NHL's first pure goal scorer(these two are def the closest and will more than likely be knocked off by Crosby and Ovie come career ending time like 99% will be). But I still have other goalies and D-men maybe who would crack it in front of them(and as I said before older players I haven't studied as much). So who knows. We will see how Crosby and Ovie(and others?) stack up when they're done (and I'm mean done as in like they ain't rising/staying at star level (cuz technically Jagr isn't "done" but he's done).

Would be interested in yours or anyone's who basically stated watching hockey seriously in recent years.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. coil

Jun 13, 2017
    But I'm kinda done talkin hockey until the draft. onto watchin the Mariners until summers over.

Apr 20, 2024
  5. dna hits

Jun 13, 2017
    I mean the best of best players can make other players play great and can lead their team to a cup. Every nhl show I watch and every analysts I listen to already considers Crosby in the top 5 of all time category. You realize he's still in early 30s on a team that has young guys getting better along side Crosby and malkin. I wouldn't be surprised If this pens team gets 3-4 more cups in the next 7 years. Idk what little world you live in

Apr 20, 2024
  6. dna hits

Jun 13, 2017
    And let's talk about Murray. He wasn't even considered a rookie last year, and he won a cup. His rookie season this year he won the cup. He was the number one goal tender rated at the end of the season after the cup. Not Rinne who got be on terribly bad by the pens.

With Murray, Sid and Crosby and some of their younger guys gaining chemistry with them. This is a dynasty. And people like coil can't accept it. Lol.

And could you imagine Crosby playing against the goalies and defenses that Gretzy did. Holy f--- he probably would have blown him away.

Goldy likes this.
    Goldy likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. Pinhead

Jun 13, 2017
    Quote me ffs

Did you miss the part where I said the league is completely different now. Sid absolutely could have scored 92 goals in that era. Maybe he doesn't have the vision Gretzky had because he had tougher competition and systems to play since what, high school? Go watch Gretzky highlights and tell me anyone could get away with that s--- these days, defense and goalies were an embarrassment. It looks like a 90's NHL video game.

2002 is, sure. Still night and day from when everyone and their mother were putting up 30 goal seasons.

Not saying they aren't great players btw just not impressive when Backy just put up a PPG season in this era. The players are better now.

Because he's a lonely old man who only has hockey. All these retired players have hot wives and s--- going on.

Lets see what happens when the current stars start aging. I guarantee we'll have more Jagr type guys than we do now. Way more.

I don't have a reference point for other goalies or the coaches in the league at the time but yeah, I always got the sense that the Roy's/Brodeur's/Hasek's kinda changed the league.

You gotta stop talking about players that I watched lol, idc about them, not an issue

Haven't we been hiding behind the "one player doesn't win championships" defense for months?

Cuz I'll tell you what if the Caps had the equivalents of Potvin Gillies Nystrom Sutter and Trottier on top of a 70 goal scorer in that era, we'd have four cups in a row too.

About 1000 levels above Crosby, actually.

What I don't understand is how you don't understand that guys like Bure and Gretzky were soooo far ahead of their competition that it's a bit like being the ex NHL player killing it in a beer league. Sure, they're awesome, sure, they would have been great now, but what they did can't be judged on the same wavelength that we're judging players by now. Whenever I hear that 92 goal stat or see Bossy's numbers it's like ok what about Ovi's 60 goal season or Stammer's. How many points would the Kane's/Backy's/McDavid's have back then? Connor just put up 100.

dna hits and Goldy like this.
    dna hits and Goldy like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. Goldy

Jun 13, 2017
    /thread ban coil

dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. dna hits

Jun 13, 2017
    Coil shook. And if he trolls anymore because of his unhealthy hatred for the pens he should get thread banned .

Apr 20, 2024
  10. coil

Jun 13, 2017
    I guess trolling is now giving an opinion rooted in fact. Just cuz I'm not a Crosby nut hugger at every occasion.

Again you haven't said when hockey all of a sudden got good but if you think Crosby who has scored 50 once(?)in his career would magically double that in a season I guess your mind is already set. I think Ovie could do it. Maybe Stamkos if everything aligned but not Crosby. 200 points Crosby wouldn't touch and there's been stats that re-align points for era and it still has Gretzky's at the top (something like he'd have gotten 170 in the modern era during that season). Plus teams are a lot more liberal with the second assist these days it seems( I think there was a five 38 article about it)

Everyone and their mother were scoring 30 goals??? Wasn't NHL scoring at its lowest from 97-03?? Or are you just overlooking that? I guess the D and goalies were good then but not as good as now??

None of what you said takes anything away from what Jagr is doing now. He's still scoring 20 goals a season at 50

If hasek, Roy etc were the line for when goalies got good would Bure and Hull having top ten gpg averages from that era not count??

I didn't just say bossy won 4 cups in a row. I also said he has the highest gpg of any player ever. If you think thee highest gpg average wouldn't be transferred to today again I dunno.

I mean, we can never know how well each would do in each era but I'm at least willing to say Sid and Ovie(maybe others) could someday slot in the top 10. You refuse to even grant Gretzky the title of greatest player ever. Which by literally every metric is true.

Apr 20, 2024
  11. Moon Age

Jun 13, 2017
    Not thinking Gretzky is the GOAT is even more foolish than not thinking Jordan is the GOAT.

Apr 20, 2024
  12. coil

Jun 13, 2017
    I mean, lebron actually has the stats to back up him being in consideration for goat(he's not) unlike Sid.

Apr 20, 2024
  13. Goldy

Jun 13, 2017
    Sid isn't even 30 yet, god you're comparing his numbers to people that played a decade longer

Apr 20, 2024
  14. Goldy

Jun 13, 2017

Apr 20, 2024
  15. coil

Jun 13, 2017
    Uhhhh I said he's probably going to make the cut??? Like are you even reading my posts or?? I just think it's too early to say. Also people brining up Olympics and s--- like that as if Gretzky/Canada wouldn't have won every year if they could play.

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Goldy

Jun 13, 2017
    sid came back home and spent the day out in his town taking pics with fans and the cup in random stores :allears:

i missed out tho

tonight he did the first pitch

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Jun 14, 2017
    Why couldn't he hit 90? The problem with adjusted stats is they go on trends and patterns over time, league wide, they don't consider the type of plays being made or account for the talent of individuals.

I was thinking early/mid 90's from the beginning

He's like 45, chill

Cool, then let Gretzky be the greatest player of the old NHL. When you start talking all time, it's laughable.

Apr 20, 2024
  18. coil

Jun 14, 2017
    Here's you : I have no proof to back up anything I'm saying so I'll just say it's possible he could score 90 in a season when the most he's ever scored is 50 one time in a ten year career.

And nah I and 99.9% of people who watch hockey will consider Gretzky the goat and you can exist in your world where hockey players have been good for less than a decade(despite me refuting that point anyway with the dead puck era being 97-03 not now)

@Pinhead since I didn't quote sorry on my cell phone

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. Pinhead

Jun 15, 2017
    You've ignored everything I've said about skill level and the types of plays that are possible

Because they've been brainwashed by the old guard of hockey media, the generational skill gap is something that's only been talked about recently. People just see the numbers and ignore everything else.

Edit mentions don't work lol

Apr 20, 2024
  20. coil

Jun 15, 2017
    Lightning trade Drouin and a 6th to the Habs for Sergachev and a second round pick

asvdawg likes this.
    asvdawg likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
Live Thread