Wrestling Official AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Thread

Started by Epitome, Jan 3, 2019, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. tomroe93

Aug 31, 2019
    Not surprised by the result whatsoever, but Jericho vs Hangman was better than I expected

Epitome likes this.
    Epitome likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Sep 1, 2019
    Jericho winning was always the best call...interested to see who he feuds with first for the title.

The post show made it clear they are going back to Pac/Page, and it seems too quick to go back to Jericho/Omega, so maybe Cody?

The next PPV was announced for Nov in Baltimore...I'm really surprised they are holding off on coming out here to the west coast for so long.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Sep 1, 2019
    Y'all really liked that PAC and Kenny match?

It wasn't terrible, but easily the worst both have been in, in awhile

I probably give it a 3.75/5

Kenny seems out of place in AEW to me, I guess I'm just so used to him being in NJPW I guess

I fell asleep after that Cracker Barrel bs..lol I guess I'll DL it later and watch the Young Buck/Luca Bros. Match, not interested in The world title match, already know Jericho's out of shape old a--- would win.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Pinhead

Sep 1, 2019
    Omega is suffering from ring rust right now. The explosiveness isn't there, his moves don't have the impact they used to. I've felt this for every match since the Tokyo Dome. Sloppy, not as in the moment. Can't say it's the talent because I've seen Pac do more with less, although their unfamiliarity might have played a part in that.

Private Party vs Anjelico/Jack Evan's - 3.75
    SCU vs Luchasarus/Marko/Jungle Boy - 4
    Omega vs Pac - 4.25
    Joey Janela vs Darby Allin vs Jimmy Havoc - 4.5
    Dark Order vs Best Friends - 3
    Riho vs Hiraku - 2.75
    Cody vs Shawn Spears - 3.5
    The Young Bucks vs Pentagon/Fenix - 5
    Chris Jericho vs Hangman Page - 3.75

A WWE main event. Jericho needs someone to bring him out of his comfort zone. When he's in control, this is what we get.

Alpha and CJ Poe like this.
    Alpha and CJ Poe like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Pinhead

Sep 1, 2019
    This all sounds very negative - it was a really good show overall, just overstuffed with a weird layout.

Edit - and as for this discussion- I think the last ladder war the Bucks had might be at this level, but it's definitely the best or second best ladder match ever.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. King of Kings

King of Kings Who Dey

Sep 1, 2019
    is it me or was Jericho so slow in the whole match, it seems age was kicking his a--- more than hangman.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 1, 2019

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

Sep 1, 2019
    Wasn't blown away or anything but I enjoyed it, bout what i expected..ladder match was probably my favorite.

Thought the main event was a little underwhelming but I was kinda losing interest cuz I was tired at that point anyways.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. Pinhead

Sep 1, 2019
    Impossible to follow that ladder with a normal match. Jericho in New Japan would always talk about making your matches different when on a show with great wrestlers who they can't keep up with, but they did it anyway.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Sep 1, 2019
    I found it really enjoyable. I found the main event a bit of a drag tbh, but I think that was mainly because it was cutting it fine with me having to go out.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Sep 1, 2019
    Some thoughts

Second or third best AEW show. A lot better than the past two. They can do even better

PAC vs Omega was really good. Like all other Kenny matches this year the ending segment was missing something (and the odd botch) he hasn’t quite nailed what he wants to do in AEW yet. 4.25

Ladder match was f---ing insane. Just wow. f---

My biggest deal here is Omega loses again and is just continually underwhelming as a star. I’m sure this is the plan and they think they’re doing what they want to or need to. But compare this to the bucks or Cody...it’s not working. He’s becoming just another guy. The “best bout machine” that cosplays and loses is just ruining his mystique. It’s not the way to introduce him to the company and to the American fans. He should’ve been the premier guy from the beginning and treated as such.

Pinhead and SHUDEYE like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. SHUDEYE

Sep 1, 2019
    Yeah, I have been quite confused with what they're doing with Omega. The win/loss records being kept make his losses more substantial too. Really confused with what they're trying to do.

Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Big Dangerous and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Pinhead

Sep 2, 2019
    Glad others are seeing this. He had an aura just a very short time ago, he comes out now and *based on AEW* I don't feel it. He needs a win, and he needs a blow away match.

Ffs, this New Japan political bs really pisses me off. I just know Omega vs ANYBODY on one of these shows would be a major leap from what we've seen.

Edit

Jericho match makes me even more annoyed now. How can you just go in there and wrestle a match when the wrestling is worse than the random tag match nobody cared about an hour before?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 2, 2019

@NJPWBros

Is it time for an AEW group tag? Or do you or would you guys prefer using the WrestlingBros group tag for AEW related stuff since that tag is rarely used nowadays in the WWE thread?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. dna hits

Sep 2, 2019
    I just watched the highlights of this show on YouTube. It was honestly too overhyped to meet expectations. I could tell I’d be bored with some of those matches just from watching the highlights. Jericho vs Page didn’t seem great. I counted 2 botches that match just from the highlight. Glad Jericho won. And for people saying he gained weight or looks slower. On a podcast, Jericho said he purposely wanted a gut for this company. He said it fit more with new japan and Aew from what their fans are used to seeing.

This program almost reminds me of the middle era of TNA. I remember as a young kid I watched TNA when it first started. And honestly it had some better shows than the WWE. That was the first time ever i finally got to watch sting live, arrived to the ring and hitting people with that stick or whatever it is he used to carry around.

But this AEW show isn’t good enough to be better than the WWE. I’ll still try and watch aew, once the actual show starts airing in October. They could use another big superstar who’s not out of their prime wrestling. I’d be offering Randy Orton big money. Orton knows how to keep his body safe in the ring and works out has his own doctor, trainer when needed. I think the WWE may make him the smack down champion just so he doesn’t go to aew and promise him a long title run plus a big money contract.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. Pinhead

Sep 2, 2019
    ...you can't talk about matches from highlights.

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Sep 2, 2019
    Maybe the worst post of all time.

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Sep 3, 2019
    The Bucks and Cody are the most over they’ve ever been, main eventing shows and getting wins, commanding the audience like they’re some kind of saviors of wrestling

All the while, Kenny omega Kenny f---ing omega feels like he’s just apart of the pack and showing the audience who hadn’t seen him or maybe only heard about him that hey, I’m just a mid card loser anyway. I’m not a big deal like these other guys Nothing to see here

I don’t get it...he can wrestle all the 4.25* matches he wants, I already know he’s a great wrestler, but this is lightning in a bottle and there’s no time for storylines you need to let everyone know from the gate this is the man this is the reason this whole thing is as hyped as it is

Apr 19, 2024
  19. SHUDEYE

Sep 3, 2019
    Part of me feels like it's leading to a storyline like with Omega having a rough start and him eventually finding his groove. It's been awkward no doubt but I'm kind of getting that vibe.

Apr 19, 2024
  20. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 3, 2019

Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 19, 2024