Wrestling Official AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Thread

Started by Epitome, Jan 3, 2019, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Oct 3, 2019
    Just finished the show! (Being on the west coast sucks)
    My thoughts:
    -The crowd was f---ing awesome! The stage was cool, although it's the same one from the PPVs, the pyro was kinda cheap lol The announcing was the best the company has done so far! Tony was such a better bridge between JR and Excalibur than Alex was.
    -Cody/Sammy was a good opener, although a little slow to start (especially compared to Cole/Riddle tonight, Jesus that match was great) but Cody was treated as an absolute star by the crowd. Jericho running in after the match was smart to get him on the show early.
    -The MJF squash was fine...not as big of a fan of his as a lot of people seem to be but it was a good intro
    -The women's match was really good, I love Ryho...Britt Baker in commentary was, not so good lol
    -PAC vs Paige was the best match of the night. It was shorter than a big PPV of their's would be but for a TV match, very good.
    -The main event went angle heavy, over in ring action heavy, which I'm definitely ok with. I LOVED the Mox/Kenny brawl and ddt through the glass table. It's kind of a bummer Kenny barley had exposure in their debut show (he had no single entrance and was taken out of the match early) which continues the odd choices they've been making with him this year.
    -The Hager surprise was cool I guess (he looked f---ing huge) but I've never been a huge fan, though he was over af in the building...its kinda funny they used him as their Lugar. Tony Kahn said after the show Jericho/Lax/Sammy/Hager are going to be a stable which, that, I'm surper down for. I love a good stable and them vs The Elite will be dope.

Overall I'd give the show a B. Even though there wasn't a match as good as Cole vs Riddle (which I just watched) I think they did an effective job at a first episode of TV, rather than hot shotting tons of s--- week 1 like NXT did tonight...I'm only 30 min into NXT but it seems besides Cole/Riddle, that AEW had the better night.

But man it's great to have head to head wrestling back again this s--- is f---ing fun!

Pinhead and Kon like this.
    Pinhead and Kon like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Kon

Kon

Oct 3, 2019
    Yeah that was enjoyable, I'm more into it than I was after the PPVs, although part of it's just cuz it's a weekly show now too..I might even order the PPV in november, wasn't really thinking I would before..

Pinhead and Epitome like this.
    Pinhead and Epitome like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Oct 3, 2019
    Well it's not as bad as RAW. Not sure I'll watch it over NXT though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. tomroe93

Oct 3, 2019
    AEW had around 500,000 more viewers than NXT. Big.

Big Dangerous, Alpha and Epitome like this.
    Big Dangerous, Alpha and Epitome like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Pinhead

Oct 3, 2019
    The real story is how well they did in the 18-34 demo.

All a matter of the second week though. More important - and interesting - than this one, although 1.5m blew any reasonable expectation out of the water.

Big Dangerous, Epitome and tomroe93 like this.
    Big Dangerous, Epitome and tomroe93 like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. tomroe93

Oct 3, 2019
    I knew it was going to be a big number when I saw that the countdown show on Tuesday did 600,000 viewers but 1.5m still shocked the h--- out of me

Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Oct 4, 2019
    Fun show, wasn't perfect but it was fun and that's all I care about.

Apr 25, 2024
  8. Epitome

Oct 4, 2019
    Great start for our guys!

Gives them a nice lead out the gate, with room for the inevitable second week drop, but lots to build on in the coming weeks.

I was really surprised how well they did in the key demo...3x that of NXT...I expected them to bring back lapsed fans but honestly didn't think they would attract so many new, young viewers as they did...great stuff!

Tony Kahn did a really great podcast with Wade Keller this week for those who would into that sort of thing. They cover a lot of really interesting stuff and Tony comes off as a really cool guy who just loves wrestling and wants to give the fans a great product.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Alpha

Alpha

Oct 5, 2019

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Big Dangerous likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. Alpha

Alpha

Oct 7, 2019

Epitome and Big Dangerous like this.
    Epitome and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. tomroe93

Oct 8, 2019

Epitome, Pinhead and Big Dangerous like this.
    Epitome, Pinhead and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Oct 8, 2019
    Good debut show last week, not perfect and I still don’t like how they’re doing all of the Kenny omega stuff but super excited for this tomorrow and for AEW in general

They did some astounding ratings hopefully they can keep above 1million!

Alpha, Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Alpha, Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Pinhead

Oct 9, 2019
    AEW Dark giving me those feels Velocity used to give me as a kid on the weekends

Alpha and Epitome like this.
    Alpha and Epitome like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. Epitome

Oct 9, 2019
    haha me too...only these matches were actually as good as the one that were on Dynamite.

Tomorrow night's show looks awesome.
    Bucks vs. Private Party, Moxley vs. Spears, and Dustin/Page vs. Sammy/Jericho

tomroe93 and Pinhead like this.
    tomroe93 and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. Pinhead

Oct 9, 2019
    Bucks vs Private Party was fantastic.

Omega vs Janela won't be on TV, but for AEW Dark Next week. Must see!

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. dna hits

Oct 9, 2019
    Jerichos promo was a f---ing killer! lmao Told Cody he hates him and his family and then his father. Which Cody’s dad passed away so that’s a huge low blow. Surely that was half scripted. If it wasn’t and Chris randomly thought about it, it’s genius but a little edgy. It’d piss Cody off enough to come out and say things about Jericho. I like this shows promos so much more. They’re not cringe little kid promos and they actually swear, talk like actual adults.

And these matches are so much better than. WWE’s. These matches were better than the horrible h--- in a cell. AEW still needs a big name to sign and wrestle. Cody is a good business man and promoter, but he’s just an average wrestler.’AEW needs to take a risk and give Orton more than what the wwe is offering for his new contract. It’d make Vince s--- his pants and having Orton would really help the AEW be completely solid.

Alpha and Pinhead like this.
    Alpha and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. Big Dangerous

Oct 9, 2019
    f---ing PHENOMENAL episode of dynamite

Really liked everything except for the Kenny segment sadly

But wow, what a f---ing show especially the first two segments and the main event

d--- this is what I expect this is what I want

Kon and Pinhead like this.
    Kon and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  18. Big Dangerous

Oct 9, 2019
    That Jericho promo at the start of the show...gave me old school 2000 era vibes. No scripted bs no agenda just flat out go out there and cut a f---ing promo on the other guy. It’s just s completely different feeling than even good wwe promos.

Opening tag was incredible too

So happy right now with this product

Alpha, dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    Alpha, dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. Pinhead

Oct 9, 2019
    I liked everything except the women's match, which still feels like it's there just to be there. Jericho promo was phenomenal.

@dna hits idk if I mentioned, but Randy was streaming some game the other week with someone and talked about how cool it was. He's friends with Cody, anything is possible in this business right now.

Give Cody time though. I've watched him go from a nothing to a superstar in these last two years.

Alpha and dna hits like this.
    Alpha and dna hits like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. dna hits

Oct 9, 2019
    Fully agree @Big Dangerous I even text this one guy older than me who used to watch ppv’s back in the day with us to watch AEW during Jerichos segment that it literally felt like I was watching a 2001 promo. And at the end Jericho says I’ll see you at your funeral next week, b----!!! Lmao.

we get a championship match next week getting to watch Jericho live. And I think they said in Philly. I’m going to google how far the arena is from me. If it’s within a 4 hour drive. Me and my sisters bf may go to the show and were looking for the tickets online this week.

Update: the show already sold all the tickets so we don’t know now. People may try profiting on their tickets selling them online, since the show is already sold out and Jericho defending his title. As long as the wrestling fans across the world know Jericho is wrestling for his championship next week, the AEW will blow nxt out of water with tv ratings and views. Vince literally throw he’d still have 1-2 million more people watching nxt rather than people watching AEW and would win the race. He’s losing so far and Vince can’t take it mentally. He didn’t even let Rollins come out on raw yesterday from a video I watched, because he didn’t want all viewers watching the baby face get boo’d out of the ring and possibly things thrown at him. I guess people were saying online they were going to do s--- to Rollins after the h--- in a cell finish. Vince really needs to leave the business. Let triple h run it some, but let the genius Heyman do what he wants with raw instead of changing his storylines.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Apr 25, 2024