Wrestling Official AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Thread

Started by Epitome, Jan 3, 2019, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Pinhead

Oct 9, 2019
    Sold out officially, but should be quite a few on the secondary market. Regardless, it'll be sold out. It'd be cool as f--- if you can make it.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. dna hits

Oct 9, 2019
    Check my recent edit, we already looked and the show is already totally sold out :emoji_slight_frown: That’s amazing for the business. But people will be selling tickets more than their worth because of the championship match. We’ll watch online to see if there’s any good deals this week.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. tomroe93

Oct 10, 2019
    AEW killed it again this week. That opening tag was fantastic and that ending gave me WCW vibes (good ones, not the 2000 Russo era vibes.) Jericho vs Darby has all the potential in the world to be fantastic, I've been really impressed with Darby thus far.

I hope Shawn Spears can get a program where he regains some momentum. Granted I know losses to Cody and Mox are nothing to be ashamed of at the end of the day, but still, losses are losses.

Alpha and Pinhead like this.
    Alpha and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Pinhead

Oct 10, 2019
    Funnily enough, last week was the end of Russo in WCW 19 years ago. This was the first week without him, to what was apparently a noticeable - if slight - bump in quality.

Tully is more over than Spears is right now. He's a good heel, but he definitely lost some heat after the Cody match.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Kon

Kon

Oct 10, 2019
    Agree with all of you, that was a fantastic 2nd episode. Jericho’s promo was great, so was the bucks party match and the main event.

AEW is fun and knows what the f--- they’re doing.

*edit* also I’m curious @Koolo did you get a chance to watch any of the AEW TV shows yet? Feel like you’d probably like it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. tomroe93

Oct 10, 2019
    Yeah I think @Koolo was a big WCW fan so he’d probably dig AEW. A lot of the same vibes

Kon and Oldboy like this.
    Kon and Oldboy like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Oct 11, 2019
    Yea i like it. But they need to be less self aware. Ruins the illusion

Big Dangerous, dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    Big Dangerous, dna hits and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Pinhead

Oct 11, 2019
    Love the self awareness tbh. Genie's out of the bottle.

As long as we don't have commentators start talking about someone having to improvise a finish because Goldberg isn't going along with the script, I'm happy.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Oct 11, 2019
    Man, AEW decides to come to Texas only to go to Dallas. f---ing Dallas. Smh

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Oct 11, 2019
    Video isn't working for me for some reason but I saw Jericho challenged Allin to a Philly street fight for their title match next week, so that'll be even better now.

also @Sign Language isn't Dallas like 3 hours away? could always do a road trip or something. I'm jealous of those of you who get to see these early AEW shows, wish i could but they aren't coming anywhere on the west coast for now.

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. dna hits

Oct 11, 2019
    Me and my sisters BF are thinking about buying tickets for the show in Philly next week. The only bad thing, nice lower level seats you can tell people raised the price for profit and hate to spend too much when we can just watch it on tv. I think he said they’re going to be in Pittsburgh sometime soon, but I really want to watch Jericho do a full championship match you know. Since Jericho is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. It’s crazy AEW completely sold out before the show was even over. We called and they said they’re completely booked like barely after the show ended.

I can’t believe I’m already hyped for AEW’s next show weds. It has been since like around 2006 when I was looking forward to raw and smackdown. Does the draft start on smackdown tonight anyone knows? I’ll watch it if so. Rumors on YouTube channel has Randy Orton going to raw and being in the main card. Also, the wwe is starting to panic they’re losing Wednesday night wars. So they may draft Fin to NXT. And another bigger superstar to NXT to try and bring more viewers. That’s bs. Nxt is for wrestlers developing and putting on good matches. Even Braun may possibly go to nxt but I doubt it. He doesn’t fit with the wrestlers there.

If Orton goes to nxt, I’ll be 100% done watching the WWE. Now is the perfect time for him to go to raw and beat Rollins for the title. Then he holds it until wrestle mania the Rock vs Orton. Orton called him out. And it’d bring more attention if it was a championship match.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Kon

Kon

Oct 11, 2019
    Yes @dna hits the draft starts tonight, they even listed all the wrestlers that are eligible to be drafted tonight, the rest on Monday. I don’t remember which list Orton was on.

hope you can make it to AEW man, would probably be quite the show. Seems kinda weird having Jericho defend the title just a few weeks before the PPV, seems very unlikely he will drop the belt but still, it’ll be a good match I’m sure.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. dna hits

Oct 11, 2019
    Ok man thanks. I’ll try and watch smackdown, except a match or tag match that bores me and i turn the channel and sometimes forget to turn in back on. Surely the draft will keep me interested. Unless Orton goes to nxt. Then I’m done watching. And yeah man Ik Jericho won’t lose or Cody attacks him at the end. But it’d be great watching him.

So I had a brain storm that could really make this wrestle mania the best one in years. Cain needs a knee surgery I guess. So do a minor surgery so he can come back for mania. Since him and Brock are both licensed mma fighters. The WWE should have a real unscripted, ufc fight and wrestling match against the 2. Just imagine the hype it’d cause, and a ton of mma fans will watch it for Brock vs Cain in a part 2 match. And Brock seems to be in better shape. So maybe he can handle or beat Cain. It’d s--- if Cain knocked him out in the first round though.

And for raw, Orton vs The Rock for the title. Have orton go over the Rock. Unless the Rock signs a contract to wrestle until summerslam dropping the belt. Fans would go crazy with the Rock being back. But he’ll probably miss about all the shows unless WWE signs him to where he has to show up to 2 Raws. Regardless, his main promo would be a classic for whoever he’s going to wrestle. And it’d be a great opportunity for a younger superstar to go over him at Summerslam. I think it’s possible we’ll see Orton vs the rock for the title. But idk because of Cain’s knee if he’ll be qualified for wrestle mania. Idk if a wrestling match between those 2 would meet wrestle mania standards tbh. That’s why I brought up the mma fight. And some argued having Bray go over Brock at wrestle mania would be a good move. But it’s not believable for me. I’d rather Bray beat someone else like Rollins for the championship. It’s hilarious the WWE wouldn’t let Seth come out on raw after the terrible finish. They didn’t want their baby face being boo’d out of the arena and people chanting AEW from what I read lmao

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Pinhead

Oct 11, 2019
    Always love Trent's fantasy booking lol.

Jericho/Allin will now be a street fight. Allin is insane and Jericho always had awesome no DQ matches in New Japan. Between that and Omega/Janela on Dark Tuesday, we're in for two awesome main events next week.

dna hits and Big Dangerous like this.
    dna hits and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Oct 11, 2019

Actually the worst thing to ever come out of wcw. And that’s saying a LOT.

Pinhead, dna hits and Sign Language like this.
    Pinhead, dna hits and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. dna hits

Oct 11, 2019
    The wwe should seriously hire me for story plots. I think all kinds of good s--- that the wwe and old school fans will enjoy. But it’s usually the exact opposite that happens. And wwe wonder why their ratings are going down the drain.

I may send a small draft of the Brock vs Cain idea and the rock/Orton idea to the wwe. Maybe I’d get lucky and they’d contact me.

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. dna hits

Oct 11, 2019
    I was never a fan of Goldberg tbh. I didn’t even watch WCW because of him. He injured a lot of wrestlers and never wanted to lose. Brett Hart basically tore him apart in a recent interview. Look for it on YouTube or I’ll find it. Goldberg is one of the main reasons Brett didn’t go all out in wcw.

Even when Goldberg came to the wwe a few years ago, I was like ughhhh not this guy again. He’s basically a Roman reigns. He can only throw punches and spear someone. They can’t wrestle or cut promos for s---. f---, oldberg starts dripping in sweat after a promo, that’s how out of shape and old he is. Even the Taker can go at least 10 minutes in the ring. Yeah taker may not be what he used to be. But let’s not lie, when he’s healthy, he can still pull off some great matches and can wrestle over 10 minutes unlike Goldberg.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. tomroe93

Oct 11, 2019
    @dna hits if you pay attention to AEW's social media accounts, they usually release 150 or so extra tickets the day of the show after the production is set up

Pinhead and dna hits like this.
    Pinhead and dna hits like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Oct 11, 2019
    @Kon yeah 3-4 hours away. Gas alone would probably cost double my ticket. I’m sure they’ll run Houston soon.

Pinhead and Kon like this.
    Pinhead and Kon like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. Pinhead

Oct 12, 2019
    Omega/Hangman vs Pac/Moxley next week! Huge show, holy s---.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024