Official Dream/Sleep Paralysis/Nightmare Thread

Started by Versace Python, May 24, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Versace Python

May 24, 2015
    As a person who's had night terrors their entire life (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror), I thought this could be an interesting thread.
    Anyone who's had any experiences with vivid dreams, night terrors, sleep paralysis etc, share your experiences here.
    The idea came from a crazy dream I had the other night, it was an extremely vivid dream of the world seemingly coming to an end.
    I was in a high rise condo looking onto a city, and there were explosions happening everywhere, mushroom clouds, fires etc.
    While this was going on, there was a giant tornado forming, and it was so big that I instinctively knew it would destroy the entire city.
    I then noticed a little kid, probably 13 years old, walking on the ledge of the building right outside the window I was looking out.
    He walked out right in front of me, slowly turned to me and looked me in the eyes, he lifted his hand to wave at me and then just let him self drop backwards (It seemed like I was probably 30 or so floors up).
    I have the image of him staring at me stuck in my head still, really messed up.
    Anyone have any interesting/scary stories to share?

Ordinary Joel, Sahara and Oldboy like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Sahara and Oldboy like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Nuredin B

Nuredin B "The Cool Cats" - Number 99

May 24, 2015
    had sleep paralysis once it was horrefyng i thought i couldnt breath etc. at this time i just wished some1 would wake me up
    after 20mins(felt like a few hourse) i woke up but was afraid to sleep again tbh
    but nothing happend after all still one of my worst experiences

Oldboy likes this.
    Oldboy likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. CODEiNE DEMON

CODEiNE DEMON One foot stuck in the tarpit of my ways

May 24, 2015
    I don't know what it's called but I have that thing where sometimes you wake up but you can't move and its hard to breathe, that's sleep paralysis right?

And then, and I haven't been able to discern if its dreams that seem real or what, but sometimes I'll feel like I've woken up but ill still be seeing vivid nightmare things (cliche s--- like ghosts and whatnot)

I don't give it much thought as I've gotten some serious mental health problems since abusing acid but yeah

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. CODEiNE DEMON

May 24, 2015
    I was legitimately depressed sometimes in junior high over the state of my mental health due to having this and not knowing what it was... I've still never told my parents about it because it went away but over the past year it's come back strongly and I feel like it's linked to my use of hallucinogenics that my parents don't know I take so it's hard to really talk about it nahmean

Nuredin B likes this.
    Nuredin B likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. SaviorOfS80

SaviorOfS80 The Second Cumming

May 24, 2015
    Nah we know about the hallucinations skippy

CODEiNE DEMON likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Mr Rager

Mr Rager Nina Chop

May 24, 2015
    Summer 2014 was an era in which I did these things constantly.

Going to start attempting lucid dreams again soon since I'll have time

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. Nuredin B

Nuredin B "The Cool Cats" - Number 99

May 24, 2015
    d--- b thats tough

Mar 29, 2024
  8. mow

mow long live flippa

May 24, 2015
    Yup it's sleep paralysis, i had one when i was like 10. It lasted for like 10 seconds but it felt longer. I tried to yell help and raise my head but i couldn't, thought i was going to die.

Mar 29, 2024
  9. CODEiNE DEMON

May 24, 2015
    It's gotten to the point I just sit there and wait it out tbh

It takes the fear away and turns it into an inconvenience

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. mow

mow long live flippa

May 24, 2015
    d---, that's awful. I really hope you will get rid of 'em

Mar 29, 2024
  11. Versace Python

May 24, 2015
    What you're experiencing is definitely sleep paralysis / night terrors.
    What's most common with mine is i'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling terrified, i'm awake, but i'll see things that aren't there.
    The most common is shadow figures/people, faces, and spiders.
    To this day I have a few that still really stick out to me, one of them being a guy crouching in the corner of my room staring at me, and another being a young girl floating over me above my bed staring down.
    They usually only last for 5-10 seconds after waking up, and then fade away.

Mar 29, 2024
  12. CODEiNE DEMON

May 24, 2015
    Bruh I thought I was crazy omg

One time I swear to God I saw this guy on my wall

[​IMG]

s--- terrified me real talk tho I know it's funny af looking back on it

This was only like a month ago tbh

Versace Python and mow like this.
    Versace Python and mow like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. Versace Python

May 24, 2015
    hahah, it seems funny looking back i'm sure, but I know how scary AF that stuff is when it's happening.
    There's a documentary coming out in the near future about sleep paralysis, looks really good:

white jesus and CODEiNE DEMON like this.
    white jesus and CODEiNE DEMON like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. white jesus

white jesus god's son

May 24, 2015
    I'm really f---ing fascinated by this. It's like the brain's way of inventing a threat to try to wake the rest of your body up.

Spent an entire night once just googling and reading about it. There are some f----- up, terrifying stories about sleep paralysis.

They say if you just concentrate on wiggling a toe or something it can bring you out of it quicker.

I'd guess it accounts for a huge amount of paranormal experiences people think they have. And succubi.

Sahara and Versace Python like this.
    Sahara and Versace Python like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. Versace Python

May 24, 2015
    Definitely, but I find myself thinking on the other side of it.
    Science clearly can demonstrate what the body is doing during these episodes, but what if that's just a reaction to a real experience? What if there are other dimensions we aren't able to normally perceive.
    It's really interesting to read older/ancient accounts of these kinds of things as well.

Mimi likes this.
    Mimi likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. Mimi

Mimi the art of doing nothing

May 24, 2015
    I've experienced sleep paralysis more times than I can count. To 'wake' up with that intense feeling of somebody/thing standing over you, watching you is horrible so I've never opened my eyes during it to know if there is a figure there.
    I had a really bad period a few years ago where 3 -5 nights of the week I had it every night. I was living with a couple of people then and always wanted to yell out to them for help but never knew if any sound would actually escape from me and also I didn't want them to be like, wtf, you crazy.
    It's at the point now, where when it does happen, I know it's happening so I just try to push the feeling of dread to the side and regain full consciousness.

Versace Python likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. Apoogies

Apoogies wuu2?

May 24, 2015
    I've had sleep paralysis a few times, it was scary at first but I'm usually more afraid of my alarm going off

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

May 24, 2015
    I experienced sleep paralysis once while sleeping on the couch. It was terrifying, I had no idea what was going on. I wanted to yell but nothing was coming out. My eyes were wide open but I couldn't move. It reminded me of that Tales From The Crypt episode of the guy at the morgue who thought he was dead but it was a prank, he was just paralyzed. For that reason, I avoid laying down on any couches.

Mar 29, 2024
  19. DrGreenthumb

May 25, 2015
    Gotten sleep paralysis several times in the last year or two. First couple times I tripped out, then eventually got to the point where I just see how much movement I can get out of my body lol. Then I really tried to f--- with it and tried yelling as loud as I could, didn't care if it was like 3am...i knew nothing was gonna come out.

Ain't gon lie, I like the feeling, its weird. Been months since i got it :emoji_slight_frown:

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. gunz

May 25, 2015
    only experienced it once it was weird its like waking up but not really being awake i also sometimes get this when i lie down for a few seconds and accidentally fall asleep its feel like your not really awake and cant move but can hears and s---

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024