Official NBA 2K16 Thread

Started by Poohdini, Aug 17, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 17, 2015
    [​IMG]
    This is honestly my most anticipated game every year, and it always seems to get better. This year you have your choice of 4 covers, Steph Curry, James Harden, Anthony Davis, and the GOAT Michael Jordan. The MJ edition will cost you a few more bucks, but includes 30,000 VC, 3 myteam packs, and a rookie MJ my team card.

MyCareer
    Spike Lee is directing this years MyCareer Mode and it looks like it will be the best of the series.
    New Classic Teams
    They are adding the following 12 classic teams to the game:
    99-00 Raptors - Notable Players - Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Doug Christie, Charles Oakley
    99-00 Trail Blazers - Notable Players - Rasheed Wallace, Damon Stoudamire, Steve Smith, Scottie Pippen
    00-01 Lakers - Notable Players - Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neil, Robert Horry, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox
    02-03 Mavericks - Notable Players - Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Josh Howard, Nick Van Exel, Michael Finley
    03-04 Timberwolves - Notable Players - Kevin Garnett, Sam Cassell, Latrell Sprewell
    03-04 Pistons - Notable Players - Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace
    04-05 Suns - Notable Players - Steve Nash, Amare Stoudamire, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, Leandro Barbosa
    05-06 Heat - Notable Players - Dwyane Wade, Shaquille O'Neil, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Jason Williams, Antoine Walker
    06-07 Cavaliers - Notable Players - LeBron James, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Hughes, Eric Snow
    07-08 Celtics - Notable Players - Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo
    07-08 Rockets - Notable Players - Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Steve Francis, Luis Scola
    12-13 Miami Heat - LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Shane Battier

OFFICIAL TRAILER 8/24/15

OFFICIAL TNT BROADCAST 9/10/2015
    Some info and updates for MyTeam this year: http://www.operationsports.com/features/2331/nba-2k16-developer-blog-myteam/

Personally MyTeam is my most played mode, so I'm really happy they added Gauntlet, which seems like their version of Madden's Draft Challenge, and doubling the length of Domination with classic teams is huge since it's the easiest and cheapest way to improve your team.

MyTEAM
    “Be Different.” That has been our theme, focus, and inspiration for MyTEAM in 2K16. After listening to the community feedback from 2K15 we noticed an important element missing which was a sense of individuality. Since the creation of MyTEAM in 2013, we have struggled with our long list of features having to pick and choose what would make the biggest impact. Branding and creating an identity has always been on that list and it was finally time to start working on it.

Team Create

The Team Creator will be featured in multiple modes in 2K16 but holds a special place for us in MyTEAM. In the creator you can customize your logo, arena, court floor, and uniforms. You can choose from some predefined images, go online and upload your custom logos or use other community favorites. We are all secret bloggers, sportscasters, and online sensations so show us what you can create.
    [​IMG]
    The Gauntlet
    In MyTEAM we are always dreaming of “different” ways to play the game. That is how The Gauntlet got started. The Gauntlet is a short 3v3 rooftop street game to 21 played in a 10 game series. It is online head-to-head, but you won’t be taking your best against their best. (You didn’t think it would be that easy did you?) You will choose 10 of your favorite players but the catch is that each player can only be used in a single game. The AI will then select two players at random from all available cards that have been released. These “Trial” cards will be your squad for the game.

In The Gauntlet you will be playing for cards on a board. After each game in the series you can earn picks off the board. The higher in the series you go the more picks you can earn. Boards come in different varieties and contain all types of cards including players. We also will be adding new boards throughout the year with chances at All-Stars and many of our special edition players.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Domination
    Domination has always been a great way to kick-start your team. It has quickly become a fan favorite way to play so when we heard the community asking us to extend gameplay we completely agreed. This year you can continue winning games and stars for 33 more games against some of the toughest historic teams. How will your team stack up against the '08 Celtics, the '13 Heat and many more?
    [​IMG]
    Trials
    We are also excited to introduce MyTEAM trials; a quick new way to earn a little extra. When starting a Challenge, Road to the Playoffs or Domination game you will have a random chance of getting a Trial. Trials are stat related and can be accomplished in a single game. The only rule is you can only use one player on your team. Trials range from easy (like scoring four jump shots) to hard (such as getting twelve rebounds and second chance points). The difficultly of a Trial ramps with your team’s overall rating but the harder the trial the more MyTEAM points you earn.
    [​IMG]
    Cards
    This year it was important for the cards to stand out and feel “different” from each other. For us it was no longer enough to have a special edition card. We wanted each card to feel unique and clearly recognizable when it comes out of a pack. We also took in a lot of the community feedback and came up with a way to classify cards in two ways.

The first change is the border colors of the cards are now tied to the overall rating of a player. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Amethyst and Diamond are the only border colors and ramp accordingly. When flipping cards you will instantly know what general overall range the player belongs to by color. We also added the overall rating to the top corner to make it easier to sort through your players when building a lineup.

The second classification is theme. Each theme is represented by a custom art background and an emblem in the corner. One of the themes we added this year is the Dynamic Ratings theme. Players in this class match their current player counterpart in the collection at launch but will have fluctuating attributes as the season starts based on their real performances. Dynamic Ratings players will be released closer to the season but those who pre-order will get a couple of these players as part of their MyTEAM bonus content.

Another theme we have announced will be Moment cards. A moment card is a card that is added shortly after a player has a great moment. This card will highlight their specific game performance of that night.

There are so many additional themes that will arrive throughout the season including the return of Throwback Thursday.

More on Cards
    Shoes have arrived in MyTEAM! Replacing the old attribute cards, shoes will be making their appearance in a slightly different way. Each shoe can carry up to 3 different attribute boosts and when applied will appear on that player in game. Shoes also have an advantage because they last for multiple games before having to reapply. Like all great shoes they do wear out eventually.

In addition to shoes we have added basketball cards including team balls, animal prints, and even a beach ball. You will also see historic courts, free agents, Euroleague jerseys and logos. The customization options are all up to you.
    [​IMG]

What’s Left
    Throughout development we always try to accept ideas from the community and ways to make your gaming experience better. Here are some of our favorites.
    • The player card has been redesigned and allows for comparisons when creating lineups and searching for cards in the auction house.
    • Search directly from your collection in the auction house to fill in those missing players.
    • Increased amount of Collector Levels with more MyTEAM points and players.
    • Card rewards for playing the game are even better and represent the best cards in game. You have to earn them to show them off.
    • Freestyle is now available so you can practice with your team before heading into a real game.
    • We added more lineup slots and generate an overall rating for your entire team.
    • Can’t get enough of packs? Check out our new boxes with 10 packs per box.
    • All new Challenges and weekly Challenges coming your way.
    • Autofill options for building lineups and contract applying for your entire team
    [​IMG]
    Top 10 Rated Players by Position
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll be posting new details for the game as soon as they become available. In the meantime, add me on XB1 - POOHD1NI

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. The Mack

Aug 17, 2015
    Can't wait for this, gets better every year!

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Aug 18, 2015
    Dennis Schroeder will also be a cover athlete for the German version I think.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

Aug 18, 2015
    f---in nice on the new Vintage teams.

We NEED an Indiana Pacers team though. Need that Reggie Miller. f--- Spike Lee let him in lol.

Wish 2002 Sacramento Kings would have Webber on it to.

EDIT: Pumped for 1999-2000 Raptors. The Mavs will be nice to with Nash, Disco Dirk and Finlay.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 19, 2015
    If I was in charge of the last 6, I'd pick
    12-13 Miami Heat
    99-00 Indiana Pacers
    92-93 Phoenix Suns
    05-05 Phoenix Suns
    03-04 Detroit Pistons
    00-01 Milwaukee Bucks

If that Heat team is too recent, they should definitely put in one of their 90's teams with Zo & Hardaway. Getting to play with a prime Kobe for the 1st time in awhile will be great. In all honesty they should just replace that 97-98 Lakers team with somebody like the 02 Kings. Nobody wants to use a Kobe/Shaq team when Kobe is only 82 overall, especially when there's gonna be the 2000 team to play with.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. J.T.

Aug 19, 2015
    Is it true that you'll be able to play in college and make your way to the nba on the mycareer mode?

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 19, 2015
    I don't think it's been confirmed yet. 2K did obtain the rights to the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, Georgetown University, the University of Kansas, the University of Louisivlle, the University of Michigan, the University of Texas, UCLA, the University of Connecticut, Villanova University and the University of Wisconsin, so we'll have to wait and see how they decide to use them.

J.T. likes this.
    J.T. likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

Aug 19, 2015
    Hmmm the 2001-2002 Lakers would have Kobe still sporting the fro so ya that would make more sense. But f you take them in Franchise mode the 97/98 team you got Shaq for essentially 12 more years and Kobe for 18 :P

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 19, 2015
    That's a great point. I built such a great custom roster in 2k15 that was perfect for a fantasy draft in myGM mode. I put the youngest versions of all the legends on their old teams, and edited a lot of the current players age to 20.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Aug 21, 2015
    My career looks sick on this. They got approval to use real NCAA teams, Louisville is one I believe

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 21, 2015
    @Soldier @Clive @Ordinary Joel @J.T. @MrBizNiz 03-04 Pistons have been added as the newest throwback team. 5 more teams left to be revealed.

Ordinary Joel, J.T., SWERVO and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, J.T., SWERVO and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Big Mitch

Big Mitch You never made me ran once

Aug 21, 2015
    Those 07-08 Rockets will be getting a ton of play from me. I wish they had the 05-06 Heat!

Ordinary Joel and Poohdini like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Poohdini like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  13. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 21, 2015
    I have a feeling they'll have one Heat team in there. Either 05 or a team from the 90's. Honestly they should just put the 2012 Heat in there, one of the funnest teams you could ever play with.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Big Mitch

Aug 21, 2015
    2K was UNFAIR with them and people would always tweak when I'd play as them haha. I couldn't help myself, love my team.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 21, 2015
    True that. Besides the normal Bulls, that 2000 Lakers team is gonna get the most play from me. I wonder what they'll rate Kobe. He averaged like 28-6-5 that year, so I'm thinking 92-97.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. The Mack

Aug 21, 2015
    They should legit add Barkely & Miller in the game....don't get why they're not in it.

Poohdini likes this.
    Poohdini likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Aug 21, 2015
    I agree, the 93 Suns & 00 Pacers would both be great additions.

2K has a deal with the players union that allows them to use every member in their games. Some retired players remain in the union, which is why they're in the game. Others, like Barkley, Reggie, and Kareem are not, so EA has to make deals with them separately. Barkley was suppose to be in the 2K11 with MJ, Magic, and Bird, but decided not to because he thought he deserved equal billing. Same issue happened in 2K13 when the Dream Team was added, but 2K decided to give up the money, even though it took a call from Jay Z to seal the deal.

The Mack likes this.
    The Mack likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  18. SWERVO

Aug 21, 2015
    2k15 Cavs are just as much bs

I was playing a dude on HoF the other day and he drained 7 3's in a row with Lebron, faders and everything. I was mad as f---

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Big Mitch

Aug 21, 2015
    You gotta D up better, scrub

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. SWERVO

Aug 21, 2015