Wrestling Official New Japan Pro-Wrestling Thread (& Indies...)

Started by Big Dangerous, Jun 25, 2017, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Jun 2, 2019
    Yeah I’m not a fan of Juice in any way shape or form lol

Like Callis, Excalibur won’t be doing much New Japan, if any at all, soon after AEW starts weekly TV.

Am I the only one who thinks Rocky is just as good as them? I think he’s really great.

As far as Charlton, I’ve always thought he was good in that limited role of the #3 guy who chimes in once or twice a match and gives historical context.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jun 2, 2019
    Juice is an assclown like holy f--- shut this guy up

Sign Language and Epitome like this.
    Sign Language and Epitome like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Big Dangerous

Jun 2, 2019
    Rocky got a lot better on the first tour he did with Kelley.

Charlton would be good if he wasn’t such a dweeb

Honestly it’s just a crime against humanity because Kelley and Callis are probably my favorite team of all time

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Jun 3, 2019
    Callis is too busy running creative for a company that is watched live by all of 12,000 people every week.

Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Sign Language and Pinhead like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Kon

Kon

Jun 3, 2019
    went to ROH tonight in Portland, d--- what a fun show. Might even keep up with ROH some now too, signed up to honor club a few days ago..

not sure what match of the night was, a lot was real good..Woods/Briscoe was great and so was the main event, Taven is a great heel. Jay Lethal/Jay Briscoe match was good and pretty much the whole card was too..Bully Ray started out the show talking s--- to the crowd and then being in a hardcore match, fun night..

Sign Language and Big Dangerous like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Pinhead

Jun 3, 2019
    @Kon was that the show where Bully got a fan taken to the back?

Sign Language likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Kon

Kon

Jun 3, 2019
    Yes it's the show where that report is from, although I didn't see Bully taking someone to the back..I saw that fan argue with the women's group the allure in the pre-show match, and 1 of the ladies stayed out after the other 2 went to the back and was arguing with him, then 1 of the girls returned to get her to go to the back basically..Then Bully kicked off the show, talking a lot of s--- to certain audience members but I thought it was normal heel stuff for him. I didn't see what if anything took place after..

Big Dangerous and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Pinhead

Jun 3, 2019
    First reported by POST Wrestling's John Pollock, Ring of Honor is launching an internal investigation after a fan incident at Sunday's 'State of The Art' event in Portland, OR.

Josh Ketch, a fan who attended the show, tweeted several times Sunday night that after he was heckling some of female heels (Velvet Sky and Mandy Leon) in several of the matches, security took him backstage and left him with Bully Ray (real name Mark LoMonaco).

According to Ketch, LoMonaco intimidated him and told him he was done talking to the women and needed to treat them with respect. He then told Ketch to "go be a fan" at which time security brought him back to his seat. Ketch didn't indicate whether he remained for the whole show.

Ketch also said that Leon facepalmed and spat at him and that Sky (real name Jamie Lynn Szantyr) got into with him as well, spraying perfume in his mouth at one point.

Ketch never admitted to using obscenity or foul language, but said that after Szantyr called him a virgin, he reminded "her she has sex with that fat turd Bully Ray" and said he called them "the tramp stamp trio."

ROH GM Greg Gilleland issued the following statement to POST:

"ROH has always taken fan-first approach, with fan experience being at the forefront of all of our live events. We consider this to be very serious and will be conducting an internal review over the next 48 hours to determine the appropriate actions."

At the time of this writing, LoMonaco, Szantyr or Leon have tweeted about the incident

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-hono...gation-reported-bully-ray-fan-incident-285156

I can't even comprehend this.

Mar 28, 2024
  9. Pinhead

Jun 4, 2019
    Super Junior Finals tomorrow night!

• Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi in the BOSJ finals
    • Juice Robinson vs. Jon Moxley for the IWGP United States title
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White
    • Kazuchika Okada & Rocky Romero vs. Marty Scurll & Brody King
    • Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma and Toa Henare vs. Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI
    • Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI, Jushin Thunder Liger and Tiger Mask vs. Taichi, Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI
    • Ryusuke Taguchi, YOH and SHO vs. Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo and Robbie Eagles
    • Dragon Lee, Titan and Shota Umino vs. Jonathan Gresham, Bandido and Ren Narita

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Big Dangerous likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Big Dangerous

Jun 4, 2019
    Ospreay vs Takagi should be lit

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Pinhead

Jun 5, 2019
    Moxley/Juice was awesome. Car crash type match; can tell Dean's going for a Foley style, only faster and tighter. Not once did he work like this in the WWE, even when he was good and motivated.

Edit

Ospreay/Shingo was a masterpiece. Ospreay is the best wrestler in the world without a doubt, he was out of his mind tonight. Shingo's one of the best too, they killed it. Go out of your way to watch.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Jun 5, 2019
    Ospreay vs Takagi is my match of the year

CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Pinhead

Jun 5, 2019
    #2 behind Cole/Gargano II in my eyes.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jun 5, 2019
    Jay White/Tanahashi - 3.75/5 (ehhh, not much to talk about, not a bad match, but should have been a little longer)

Moxley/Juice - 4.75/5 (Both had the best match of their careers so far with this one. Moxley looks so comfortable in an NJPW ring. Specfuckingtacular match.)

Ospreay/Takagi - 6/5 (Match of the night and one of my favorite matches this year, holy s---. Gargano/Cole I & II beat it as the top 3 of the year FOR ME, but again, holy f---ing s---)

Pinhead likes this.
    Pinhead likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Pinhead

Jun 6, 2019
    Thought Jay/Tana was their best match. 4.25.

Mar 28, 2024
  16. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jun 6, 2019
    What's your take on Juice? I think he's on his way to becoming a major star for NJPW, if not already

Maybe IWGP world title in the next couple of years for him?

Mar 28, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Jun 6, 2019
    He's dope. Blows my mind how the geeks here don't see it, in the match last night especially he has that pure babyface thing where you just want to see him overcome. The audience can see he's giving it his everything out there, and outside of Ospreay there's not a promo there as genuine. He doesn't have the moves and he's no genius in terms of match layout, but you get him in there with somebody great and sparks fly. He mentioned to Meltzer once how he can't do what the guys like Omega and Ospreay do, so that means he has to get his a--- beat and take some risks, which the people love him for. Huge with the Japanese women, has that cool exotic thing with the dudes. If you're being a serious person having a serious conversation, you can't say Juice isn't incredibly valuable and improved tenfold over the years. I'd still say his match with Jay in the US last year and one of the Omega matches (G1 2017?) are his two best, but the Moxley match is probably third.

Definitely not world champ though. It's reserved for the best of the best/top stars, so if Ishii/Goto haven't gotten one Juice isn't gonna be that guy when Ospreay/Okada/Naito/Ibushi are the four pillars, Jay just on the outside.

edit

How in the f--- did I miss all these matches man.

tomroe93 and CJ Poe like this.
    tomroe93 and CJ Poe like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jun 6, 2019
    Well said.

which matches did you miss?

Mar 28, 2024
  19. Pinhead

Jun 6, 2019
    Too many. Gonna have to watch them over days during workouts.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. tomroe93

Jun 6, 2019
    In the process of moving but I'm gonna have to find the time to catch up on all of this lol

Big Dangerous, CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    Big Dangerous, CJ Poe and Pinhead like this.
    Mar 28, 2024