Gaming Official Nintendo Switch Thread [SXN80 FCs in OP]

Started by BryanFlambe, Oct 19, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Mar 23, 2017
    Sooooooo, update on my situation.

Trying to get one of these for my little brother has been absolute h--- and he finally gets here tomorrow.. It's been a nightmare. In and out of stores in minutes even with all notifications set up through my phone. I paid 450 twice through an Amazon third party that never shipped so both orders were cancelled and I was left hanging.

Well, I had a client hit me up and give me a heads up that my local Best Buy would have them first thing this morning and nobody knows about it because they aren't going to update their website stock for whatever reasons. So, while everybody was in line today at GameStop, Target and Walmart I headed there and pick up two because after all of this I want one God Damnit.

Problem though. He really, really wanted the neon-red. Like don't get it if it's just grey. Well, those are impossible to find and all they had was grey. I bought it anyways but I did go ahead and buy the red and blue "Joy Cons". He can swap them out and it's the exact same thing right? Please tell I'm right lmao because this s--- has taken years off of my life.

@Koolo
    @Mike Tyson

@Clive

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    TheAQU4M4N and Ordinary Joel like this.
    TheAQU4M4N and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. ray simpson

Mar 23, 2017
    So I never played the legend of Zelda but after watching some gameplay of the new Zelda on youtube for the switch, I'm thinking of buying a switch. I also saw the game was released for the wiiu but since the U is still over 200, I'd rather pay an extra few hundred for the new switch.

Is this switch worth the money or wait for an upgraded re launch that'll fix some issues the switch may have now? I mainly want the switch for the new Mario games coming out, but the new Zelda game also caught my attention.

I also saw gamestop offering trade in credit towards a switch if you trade a xbox one or ps4. If it wasn't for the resident evil series, I'd probably trade the one in.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Mar 23, 2017
    OG Wii still the GOAT

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. theg

theg got that pma

Apr 11, 2017
    @Final did you get one of those faulty joy cons that loses connection? finally bought a switch today because it was the first time i saw them in stock without being bought up instantly, and the f---ing left joycon keeps desyncing when theres anything in front of it :kdotrly:

did u get one of the faulty ones and know a fix/how long it takes to get it replaced
    f---ing knew i should have waited

Ordinary Joel and Lil Squeed like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Lil Squeed like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. Final

Final

Apr 11, 2017
    I have no idea if my left joycon is bad because I've never played with the joycons separated from the system. I have the pro controller so I've always used that or just normal handheld mode. I'm sure mine is f----- up tho cause most of them are. It takes about a week or less for Nintendo to fix and send back for free. If you know what your doing you can do it yourself because the issue itself is a piece of foam missing (lol?)

Considering it only takes a week I would just send it to them tho
    Here's the link to start the process you gotta call them 1-(800)-255-3700
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_redirect.jsp?sys=switch&lang=en&sym=PHYSDAMG

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Ordinary Joel and theg like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  6. Final

Final

Apr 11, 2017
    Tbh I'm gonna try mine and see if it's f----- up..
    Once Mario kart is out I'm gonna need them to work so my friend can play too so might as well see :thinkinghmmm:

Apr 18, 2024
  7. theg

theg got that pma

Apr 11, 2017
    Super easy to test you just gotta go into controller calibration and put your hand or a blanket or something in front of the left one and watch it sperg out

Tho I think mines fine now cause I just moved the console from behind my turn table to on top of it and i havent had an issue since even when i test with a blanket or covering it with my hand so i guess mines ok after all

Ordinary Joel and Final like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Final like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Final

Final

Apr 11, 2017
    Mine seems to be working :whew:
    If you got the 2nd shipment batch you should be okay they said they fixed the issue for all future Switches
    You got an aquarium nearby?
    They were trying to blame cell phones and aquariums full of water for the connection issues :lmaooo:

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  9. theg

theg got that pma

Apr 11, 2017
    i saw that i dont understand that at all :fez: but w.e mine seems to be working so its all good for now
    ironic that cell phones apparently k--- the joycons but u need a cell phone to use voice chat

Final and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Final and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  10. Final

Final

Apr 12, 2017
    Yea I heard that the cell phone voice chat includes a feature where once every six months a Nintendo executive comes to your house and kicks you in the nuts

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. Clive

Clive Mind Over Matter And Soul Before Flesh

Apr 12, 2017
    s---, just seeing this now sorry man! You already know the answer I'm sure but YES the 2 joy cons that you purchased will be able to work with his tablet. Though, I'm hearing there is still syncing issues with the left joy-con so if that occurs it's normal and not a faulty product you bought. I think if you look above there are ways to fix it by sending it to Nintendo. The beauty in this is now your brother will have 4 joy cons so it's easy enough to have 4 people play Mario Kart Deluxe when it comes out in a few weeks. Though lets hope the joycon sync issue is fixed by then because a delayed response in a racing game would be lame!

Hopefully your brother was pumped when you gave it to him!

Side note: It's interesting how much stock came out and where. We've had the grey and neon ones in stock pretty much since mid march and I'm talking LOTS of them at stores. I was shocked to see them in the stores available so close after the launch of it. I was going to buy one but then decided to just get Zelda on my Wii U. I'll pick up a Switch eventually when the price gets a little bit of a drop (399.99 here in Canada).

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Oct 7, 2017
    I’m way late but hoping to get a Switch soon when Odyssey comes out.

Edit - new trailer:

/Edit

I already have and beat most of BOTW on Wii U (I think I have 105 shrines) so I’m not gonna buy that, but I was looking at Skyrim and Sonic Mania and a few other games. Also looking forward to the possible Pokémon rpg. Also on r/NintendoSwitch people recommend a bunch of independent games that I might pick up, they’re only like $10-15 each

Anyway here still play theirs?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Apr 18, 2024
  13. Loyalty

Oct 7, 2017
    ok please send me one or the dev of 3.0 stops

I’ll be waiting :focused:

Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. smitty

smitty i love stuff

Oct 13, 2017
    I literally cannot WAIT for Super Mario Odyssey

Loyalty and The Lyricvore like this.
    Loyalty and The Lyricvore like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  15. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Oct 13, 2017
    It will be something of legend.

Loyalty likes this.
    Loyalty likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  16. Tha_Goat

Tha_Goat A man got to have a code

Oct 15, 2017
    http://nintendoeverything.com/super...-review-in-edge-awarded-with-a-perfect-score/

For what it's worth. Mario Odyssey will be one of the greatest games we ever play. I'm still dying for Skyrim to come out November 17>>>

smitty and Loyalty like this.
    smitty and Loyalty like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  17. Loyalty

Oct 15, 2017
    I was thinking of getting Skyrim (never played it on other systems) but I think I might be too busy with Mario. And after playing BOTW, Skyrim seems very similar in gameplay.. unless I’m wrong?

BART likes this.
    BART likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  18. Tha_Goat

Tha_Goat A man got to have a code

Oct 15, 2017
    I first played Skyrim like 4 years ago at one of my buddies and I was pretty happy with it. Then like a year and half ago I copped it for myself. I was blown away at how much I liked it and played it. When I saw it was coming to the switch it was 1 of the main reasons why I copped the switch. Portable Skyrim sounds so fire. Def cop it even if you got Mario. One is very kid friendly the other is it. Both will keep you busy and build up the Switches small catalog. Plus in order for 3rd party companies to keep making games for the switch people need to buy them...If they have a poor reception they may not continue it. I bought Fifa for the switch and I love it. It's exactly what I expected and its perfect for what it is. But I don't think its meeting expectations wit EA thats not good for their longevity for the Switch/Nintendo

Loyalty likes this.
    Loyalty likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  19. Meero

Meero Ay ay ay

Oct 15, 2017
    BOTW seriously might be one of my favorite games of all time

Apr 18, 2024
  20. BART

BART BANNED

Oct 17, 2017
    joyvconboyz//joycongirlz