Wrestling Official WWE Smackdown Live Thread

Started by tomroe93, Jul 25, 2016, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. tomroe93

Jul 26, 2016
    I reckon they're going to be introducing some type of new women's championship for Smackdown. That segment left a lot of questions to be answered

Sign Language and CJ Poe like this.
    Sign Language and CJ Poe like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. tomroe93

Jul 26, 2016
    Did Orton just injure himself again lmao

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jul 26, 2016
    I'm a little behind cus i paused. Just saw rhyno pop up. Awesome!

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Red Rum

Jul 26, 2016
    Same lame smackdown, just a new day and live

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Sign Language

Jul 26, 2016
    WHAT THE ACTUAL f---?!?!?!

:shmurda:

Epitome likes this.
    Epitome likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. tomroe93

Jul 26, 2016
    Wasn't expecting that but I'm all for a fresh(ish) face in the main event scene

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jul 26, 2016
    Interesting

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Sign Language

Jul 26, 2016
    More hyped for Balor vs Rollins tbh.

Epitome, tomroe93 and Red Rum like this.
    Epitome, tomroe93 and Red Rum like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Kon

Kon

Jul 26, 2016
    Happy for Dolph, he deserves another push. Can't see him winning though.

Also Reigns and Rollins apparently showed up after the show for a dark match lol, that's pretty weird. I assume that won't be going on much longer with the split, maybe they were already advertised to appear before WWE had all the details finalized for the split.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jul 26, 2016
    But the Vince's hand picked face of the company and the champion who main evented 10 straight PPVs gets suspended 30 days, picked on during heel promos, and jobbed out in three straight matches clean.

:noah2:

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Big Dangerous

Jul 26, 2016
    Alexa Bliss is the cutest girl I've ever seen :pierce:

CJ Poe and tomroe93 like this.
    CJ Poe and tomroe93 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

Jul 26, 2016
    btw it was a good show I liked it for the most part

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Jul 27, 2016
    Was not impressed tonight whatsoever...
    I get they tried to match Raw's shock value main event but f---ing Dolph? Ughhh, no...it's not 2013 and what pisses me off almost as must is he pinned AJ to do it...a benfit of multiple person matches is you can protect certain people from taking the losing fall... Its booking 101

Smackdown confirmed as the B show as always.

Bray should have won and finally elevated to a main evemt spot...not only does this match dworf in comparison to Rollins/Baylor and won't be the main event of SS but it will also be lower than Brock/Orton on the card.

Am I in the minority here or do people actually want to see this be the WWE Championship match at f---ing Summerslam???

Red Rum, CJ Poe and Kon like this.
    Red Rum, CJ Poe and Kon like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. Kon

Kon

Jul 27, 2016
    I sort of agree and sort of don't @Epitome , I know I said I was happy for Dolph and I am, he deserves it and has been treated worse by WWE than he should have been.

With that said it doesn't make a ton of sense and almost seems like WWE's stuck a few years or so in the past when fans were begging for a Dolph push. Fans still like Dolph but not the way they used to, in many ways that was WWE's own fault though with how they booked him. I'd love to see a Bray push but it's just not the same without the Wyatt family behind him, still can't believe WWE split them up.. AJ styles would have probably been the most logical choice.

Im sure I'm in the minority on this next one but
    I'd rather see Dolph get the main event spot than Finn. Balor just f---in had his raw debut and is now in the main event of the 2nd biggest ppv of the year. I get why they did it but it's just not logical to me. Where does Balor go from here? I'm concerned a year from now he'll be an irrelevant guy bouncing between mid card and the main event scene like Sheamus. I'd have had Finn dominate the mid card scene through Mania and then get his push next year around MITB, maybe even winning the briefcase.

IMO WWE's too obsessed with this 'push em straight to the top once they debut' idea...

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Big Dangerous

Jul 27, 2016
    I don't believe Smackdown is confirmed B show-- Otunga explicitly said he's happy to be on the 'A' show and the WWE Champion is on Smackdown...Dean pinned Seth (Raw's number one guy) twice and Roman (superman of the past year) all within a weak of eachother. He's the man and he's on Smackdown. That's what matters.

I, too, agree that Bray should've won the match. But we're being broken records here-- I've waited on Bray to become major for forever now and it's just not going to happen. With the weak smackdown main event they have to push mid-carders to be serious contenders and no one embodies that ideology more than Dolph Ziggler.

Again, AJ has a tiebreaker and a major Summerslam classic waiting in the wings with Cena...it, and by it I mean pay days, write themselves on this one.

Finn Balor rocketing to the main event is part of the change of era. Didn't you guys here the constant hinting of change? Heck, Smackdown flat out said on numerous occasions that no one would be held under the glass ceilings and the fans will get what they want.

How has WWE been obsessed with pushing talent straight to the top on debut? Their inability to push new talent instead of feeding them to Cena and letting them waste around in the mid-card for years is why they're product went so downhill to begin with. There haven't been legitimate stars made in a decade now because Vince wouldn't push people.

This is a good thing. Pushing Finn to the moon is a good risky decision that needed to happen. All of these new era stars need pushed.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Sign Language and tomroe93 like this.
    Sign Language and tomroe93 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. tomroe93

Aug 2, 2016
    [​IMG]
    WWE Smackdown Live, August 2, 2016 Preview

1. Will SummerSlam's WWE World Title Match turn Smackdown Live upside down?

Last week on the blue brand, Dolph Ziggler prevailed in a furious Six-Pack Challenge main event to become the No. 1 contender to Dean Ambrose’s WWE World Championship at SummerSlam. I don’t know about you folks, but I am pretty excited to see this one. The completely explosive and defiant Showoff will certainly leave everything on the canvas when he goes head-to-head with the completely unrelenting, unhinged and unpredictable Lunatic Fringe!

This is just another shining example how SmackDown Live is taking the WWE Universe by storm. But can two wild competitors like Ambrose and Ziggler possibly be expected to hold off until their match at The Biggest Party of the Summer? Find out when the WWE World Champion kicks off the blue brand tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

2. Is Smackdown Live prepared for a Lesnar invasion?
    Speaking of uncontrollable forces, SmackDown Live will most likely be in absolute chaos mode tonight, following Randy Orton’s decision to break across newly-established brand lines and RKO Brock Lesnar last night on Raw.

There is no telling how SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon and his own GM Daniel Bryan will choose to deal with the situation. Will The Viper face stiff penalties? Could the SummerSlam match between Orton and Lesnar be conceivably called off all together in an attempt to discourage other Superstars from crossing the line with personal grudges?

Up until now, Shane and Bryan’s focus has on the positive, providing new opportunities for Superstars in order to build a whole new level of competition. But, it is very possible that the actions The Apex Predator, things could quickly spin out of control and there is no telling what the ramifications might be to SmackDown Live and the New Era as a whole. Perhaps the greatest concern of all is: If The Beast does threaten vengeance on Tuesday night, how will Shane and Bryan ever be able to stop his aggression?

3. How will AJ Styles regain his edge?
    Last week, not only did AJ Styles fall short in the Six-Pack Challenge for an opportunity at the WWE World Title, but he was the Superstar who got his shoulders pinned to the canvas. We think it’s safe to say that this was not the phenomenal way AJ hoped to kick off his time on SmackDown Live.

Questions are already moving through the locker room as to whether Styles can survive now that Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson are resident Superstars on Raw. In any event, with SmackDown Live still defining itself, what is The Phenomenal One’s best course of action moving forward?

Will he set his sights on WWE World Champion Dean Ambrose anyway? What about Intercontinental Champion The Miz, fresh off his non-title loss to Randy Orton one week ago? Dare he rekindle his rivalry against longstanding adversary John Cena? Or, if he determines that he can’t go it alone, will he try to find himself some new backup? Find out tonight at 8/7 C.

4. Who will stand out in Smackdown LIve's Women's division?
    In a tense moment last week, the explosive talent of SmackDown Live’s Women’s division looked to make their presence known. But which Superstar will ultimately establish herself as the premiere female competitor, when all is said and done?

Natalya might be a safe bet. Not only is she a third-generation Superstar and a graduate of the Hart Family Dungeon, but The Queen of Harts has been in a particularly vicious mood in recent months. However, Becky Lynch has consistently stood in her way and she is no pushover, to say the least, nor is the tough-as-nails Naomi.

For anyone who has been watching WWE NXT, you already know that both Carmella and Alexa Bliss have the potential to dominate anyone that they step in the ring with. But what about Eva Marie? Though clearly more stunning than ever, the fiery competitor said absolutely nothing last Tuesday night and time will tell if this pretty face will be able to assert himself in the no-nonsense environment of the the New Era.

5. American Alpha looks to seize the big blue spotlight
    Tonight is finally the night! The unique tandem of American Alpha will unleash themselves on the SmackDown stage, but can they take the heat of a whole new frying pan

While there is no doubt that they proved to be a true tour-de-force in NXT, will the combination of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable be able to excel on a main roster? And in light of the rising state of tag team competition on Team Blue, will SmackDown Live Commissioner Shane McMahon and GM Daniel Bryan decide to create a brand tag team championship?​

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

Aug 2, 2016
    Apparently WWE's gonna be adding new tag titles and a new women's title to SD live pretty soon.

tomroe93 and Sign Language like this.
    tomroe93 and Sign Language like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. tomroe93

Aug 2, 2016
    DB confirmed new women's belt on some podcast

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. tomroe93

Aug 2, 2016
    Apollo Creed about to win that IC championship

0 0