Wrestling Official WWE Thread

Started by Big Dangerous, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Jun 11, 2018
    I didn't keep up with the entire Punk/WWE saga but if I understand correctly he and WWE had a terrible breakup (he just won a lawsuit or something against them this week) and his pride would not allow him to come crawling back to them. Plus I'm pretty sure he's talked about how the last years of his time at WWE made him fall out of love with wrestling and he wouldn't want to do it ever again.

Of course minds change and $$$ , whether he needs it or not, could have him coming back to WWE in time.

If I was him I would lay low for about a year , maybe do a one off match with ROH and NJPW to keep my name in the business, then try to bridge the gap to WWE. Again though he's been very adamant about splitting with wwe permanently...and Punk is a man of convictions, at least seems to be

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    I don’t think I mentioned it but I entirely quit watching the wwe for now after that awful wrestlemania. I unsubbed to the network. I was going to wait until summer slam until I saw they’re still hoping they can make reigns a fan favorite to win the match. Not ever watching that bum again. If someone else interesting goes against Brock then maybe I’ll re new it for that show.

Until then, if stone cold or the rock, undertaker is supposed to make any appearances someone mention me please and I’ll still tune in then. Officially done after WM and honestly haven’t even thought about watching raw or smack down during mon-Tuesday. So disappointed in what Vince did to this business.

Chris Jericho sees Japan’s potential and will be wrestling for them more than the wwe I read.

Apr 24, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Jun 11, 2018
    Punk was decent in the 1st round, possibly even won the round. But yea after that he was gassed and looked pretty bad, the guy he was fighting didn’t help matters either by treating it like a big joke.

Punk’s done with WWE, only chance I think we ever see him on WWE TV again is the hall of fame and even that will be at least 5 years out.

tomroe93 likes this.
    tomroe93 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Big Dangerous

Jun 11, 2018
    Yeah I think I'm in the midst of my biggest WWE hiatus/unsubbing since I came back to wrestling in 2013...just tired of seeing shitshows like Reigns and a champ that doesn't show up but once every few months, there's nothing to look forward to in WWE and the wrestling on the top level just isn't enough.

Jericho just came back and did a match at New Japan's second biggest show and won the intercontinental belt off one of their "big four" guys...he'll be staying around awhile looks like

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Big Dangerous

Jun 11, 2018
    I just saw the highlights but that other guy didn't even look like he was trying, just to rub it in how pissed he was and how dumb it was he was fighting someone so out of his league. I even heard Dana White call him a 'f---ing moron' after the fight too

Apr 24, 2024
  6. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    Oh s--- I forgot about the wwe doctor lawsuit until now, probably not going to help you return lol Punk is just angry at the wwe still. If his money starts running a little low or if he didn’t invest what he made right, the best and quickest way for him to make money would be a quick Japan run. And in a few years wwe may ignore what he did if they think he can bring major revenue. Or maybe the wwe will be in better shape in the next few years and not even want punk returning.

But again, money changes everything. We’ll see what happens with his financial situation the next few years. He did think a little too highly of himself in the wwe imo. Throwing a fit because they gave the rock the title and not him or whatever that was about. Like dude, terrible idea dissing a legend like that. He just reminds me of that one guy at the bar that knows a little more than anyone else knows and can do anything just a little better. He may go through serious depression after losing this fight.

Apr 24, 2024
  7. Kon

Kon

Jun 11, 2018
    He wasn’t pissed, he said before the fight he was gonna drag it out to try to ‘show all he’s got’ or something. Instead he just looked like a huge goof and basically guaranteed he won’t fight in the UFC again.

He was 0-1 and if he wasn’t facing a name like Punk, zero chance he’d have even been on the prelims, much less the main card. So yea honestly no reason he should be pissed at Punk, got a MUCH better opportunity cuz of him..not Punk’s fault he managed to f--- it up despite winning the fight.

Apr 24, 2024
  8. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    Yeah that’s what I heard the guy was just playing with him. The first minute I thought wow maybe punk has a chance then seeing his horrible ground moves and slow as f--- 360 kicks punches that were totally off ik the guy was just f---ing with him at that point. Idk if the wwe will even allow him in the HOF the way he went out.

I think we can all agree punk has a semi anger problem possibly a little bi polar. Do you think the black lash of this fight is sending him into bad depression? I hope he’s not too hard on himself. I just feel after all the jokes about punk being clowned on and the other guy just playing around with punk is going to mentally take a toll on punk because he truly believes he’s some sort of Brock junior that was going to dominate in the ufc. Ik with no background he had no chance. Should have went with boxing instead.

Apr 24, 2024
  9. Big Dangerous

Jun 11, 2018
    He was just to old to train and ever be capable of fighting in the UFC. It was never gonna work from the start

@dna hits Punk is a known holier than thou person, always thought he was above fans and needed special treatment. That's always been his attitude about things

Apr 24, 2024
  10. Big Dangerous

Jun 11, 2018
    I will say WWE f----- him though. He didn't he along with Vince and triple h , and triple h especially felt threatened by how alpha punk always acted

Apr 24, 2024
  11. Kon

Kon

Jun 11, 2018
    I don’t agree at all with how you guys see Punk’s personality or attitude, but not really trying to get into an argument about it.

Anyways I just heard Punk made $503,000 for his fight while his opponent, the winner Mike Jackson made a little over $23,000 lol. Honestly people can b---- about it not being fair or whatever but seems perfectly reasonable to me. One guy was a huge draw, the other wasn’t... simple as that.

Apr 24, 2024
  12. dna hits

Jun 11, 2018
    Yeah but the more punk loses the more his value is also going down. That 503,000 isn’t much, if punk is still living life like a superstar.

I think it’s obvious he has a attitude problem and thinks way too highly of himself which is what turned me off of him during his wwe run. Him vs HHH was good but literally crying the rock getting a bigger match over him? Are you kidding me? You have to respect the vets not be their enemy out of jealousy. The wwe got by fine without him.

At this point of punks career, maybe starting a band would be his best move lol I still think he was only anti wrestling after the whole wwe thing and didn’t want to show he ever needed to go back. Give him 2 years of irrelevance and his money draining and don’t be surprised he shows up during a royal rumble enterance or at least a few Japan matches. Like big dangerous said he was pretty much too old to just start training to fight, but he could still make some wrestling appearances for some extra cash

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Kon

Kon

Jun 13, 2018
    [​IMG]

This is pretty cool, fans in India created their own MITB match lol. Any of you ever do some backyard wrestling? I did when I was younger lol, it was pretty fun at times.

http://nodq.com/features/530924340.shtml

Apr 24, 2024
  14. Pinhead

Jun 13, 2018
    There's absolutely no reason the second Rock match shouldn't have been a triple threat, and this is me but you give Punk the win. The show didn't do some great buy rate, Cena didn't need it and Punk was damaged. For years.

Also, I'm sure he's still rolling in merch money. The guy has never lived like a superstar. He doesn't give a s---.

Apr 24, 2024
  15. Alpha

Alpha

Jun 16, 2018

so WWE uploaded this 2 days ago
    @WrestlingBros

Apr 24, 2024
  16. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jun 18, 2018
    Seriously @WrestlingBros - MITB was so bad. Neither briefcase holder truly needed it, Braun should just be next in line for Lesnar and bliss could have just rematched nia. I wanted the new day to win that briefcase so so badly. It would have been fresh, funny and Kofi could have finally gotten a main event title. Xavier is so good too. So much talent but such a poor show. Seth stole it again.

Apr 24, 2024
  17. Big Dangerous

Jun 18, 2018
    While you're sort of right about the MITB matches sometimes in wrestling it's not about whether someone needs it, in Alexa's case it was used to tell a story and draw heat the same night and obviously did an excellent job of doing so

Apr 24, 2024
  18. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jun 18, 2018
    horrible show

I fell asleep multiple times

The Moon Man and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne Tha Carter V

Jun 18, 2018
    Post Malone brought out the Undertaker

Sign Language likes this.
    Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  20. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Jun 18, 2018
    Shinsuke has been ruined. 0-6 in WWE championship matches. Smh