Wrestling Official WWE Thread

Started by Big Dangerous, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Feb 20, 2019
    I hate complaining about them bringing up good guys from NXT but man, they did it in literally the most boring way possible. They announced them all at the beginning of the show (no surprises to pop fans) and had them work in basic matches (no story).

f---, DIY were suddenly fully back together and babyfaces on Raw anyway so they might as well brought all four of them in together as a group and done a mini invasion type deal. At least that would have been a story and given them something interesting to BUILD ON

They seriously amaze me with how bland they do stuff these days...then they’re shocked when guys right and left want to leave and the biggest free agents in years didn’t want to come

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Apr 16, 2024
  2. tomroe93

Feb 20, 2019
    Add Tye Dillinger to the list of guys who has requested their release @WrestlingBros

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  3. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    I didn't even bother watching last night after hearing the response. I was so excited, then I got home from the city and it was blah.

At the end of the day, if WWE main roster matches are going to be the same main roster matches we see every week, it doesn't matter who's up or down. NXT works as the hardcore in house alternative because they don't work the same way on the main roster. Alestair and Andrade was a 4.5 star match on Takeover, I'd be shocked if they broke 3.5 tonight. The goal on SmackDown shouldn't be to have classic matches every week, but they shouldn't be wrestling if they aren't.

Paul says this is our playbook - just like an NFL team - and you have to work within that playbook. The problem is that playbook sucks. They need to give people a reason to tune in every week, and just *seeing* those NXT guys who *used* to have great matches on their *developmental* brand isn't enough. I'm more hardcore than most, if they don't get me they aren't getting anybody else.

Epitome and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  4. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    Tye was a guy who was just there to be there so he couldn't be anywhere else, was only a matter of time.

Dean talked about how there's a bunch of guys who only really care about the money and not the art or love of it. If you aren't one of those guys, how could you stay there in today's climate?

Apr 16, 2024
  5. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    Dave explained that there was a big reaction to Undertaker at Starcast/AEW in the last week and Vince wanted the four best wrestlers *now*. HHH didn't know about it, don't know if Vince picked them, but that was the jist of it.

And HHH got Ricochet out of a Finn Balor match to protect both guys.

Apr 16, 2024
  6. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Feb 20, 2019
    There’s a multitude of reasons why WWE is so bland and obviously micromanaged/ran for business over quality but a perfect example I watched a bit from Raw and post match they just quickly flashed still pictures of the wrestlers competing at mania and ran through the matches at the bottom of the screen. Back in the old days we’d have a shot from the arena and the moving wrestler renders moving. Just so much less effort now loool.

And I mean the Brock Lesnar s--- goes without saying and has been literal s--- in the fans faces for years now so this is nothing new but imagine the main event picture back in the attitude era being “manager comes out and gives generic rubndown of the champ for no reason and has no interaction with either opponent and also you haven’t seen the champ in weeks”. Like imagine that or some of the heyman Lesnar s--- flying for the main event picture back in the day LOOOOL it’s so structured and filler there is no story and hasn’t been for so much of Lesnars run

Apr 16, 2024
  7. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    There's nothing particularly wrong with the Lesnar situation, in a better company the IC would be the main title and believably so, they tried it with Rollins and f----- it up over and over.

Apr 16, 2024
  8. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Feb 20, 2019
    Velventeen Dream won the North American title!

Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Epitome and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  9. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    So HHH didn't know, but they filmed two finishes for that match which leads me to believe he had an idea it was coming.

Apr 16, 2024
  10. Kon

Kon

Feb 20, 2019
    Wait they filmed 2 finishes for a match? In front of a live crowd?

Ugh. That just doesn’t seem right.. think I’ve heard of it happening once before, maybe on a taped smackdown or something where they messed up.. but still it’s lame.

Apr 16, 2024
  11. Pinhead

Feb 20, 2019
    They've straight up re-done matches in the past, very rare.

This actually worked with the crowd. Velveteen won, but then Gargano ran back to the ring, put on the Gargano escape, and got the tap where he met Ciampa on the ramp with the title. So it wasn't two matches, but they got the footage to change it if need be. I thought it was brilliant.

Edit

More NXT notes

- Dusty classic returning with the finals on the Brooklyn show.
    - Sasha & Bailey will be defending in NXT

Ricochet/Alestair vs Aichner/Bartel
    Dijak vs Keith Lee
    DIY vs Red Dragon
    Adam Cole vs Punishment Martinez
    Io Shirai vs Bianca Bel Air
    Moustache Mountain vs Street Profits
    Lorcan/Burch vs Forgotten Sons

Black and Ricochet also faced DIY. Their matches were the matches of the tapings and Gargano turned on Ciampa afterwards. They also set up Riddle vs Dream.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Sign Language, tomroe93 and Kon like this.
    Sign Language, tomroe93 and Kon like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  12. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Feb 21, 2019
    KOTR 94 Drinking Game

Take a shot everytime:
    • Art Donovan asks “How much does this guy weigh?”
    • Gorilla Monsoon ignores Art Donovan
    • Randy Savage attempts to fill awkward silence
    • Owen Hart screams into the camera

Jay Zeus and Pinhead like this.
    Jay Zeus and Pinhead like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  13. Simon023

Feb 21, 2019

tomroe93 likes this.
    tomroe93 likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  14. Kon

Kon

Feb 21, 2019
    Got a feeling Roman will announce he’s making progress and will be at Mania in seths corner.

If that’s the case they should have had him show up as a surprise at Mania and help Seth beat Brock. To me that would have made a lot more sense.

Apr 16, 2024
  15. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Feb 21, 2019
    Why would they change it after airing it? Or how does that work I guess

Apr 16, 2024
  16. Pinhead

Feb 21, 2019
    Depending on if Gargano was getting called up or not, they could keep him as champ or switch it to Dream.

Apr 16, 2024
  17. Pinhead

Feb 21, 2019
    They should have Seth win clean to get over Seth. It immediately puts him on Roman's level. Absolutely no need to have Roman in that main event by proxy through Seth.

Apr 16, 2024
  18. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Feb 21, 2019
    They are going to ruin gargano, black and Ciampa on the main roster

Apr 16, 2024
  19. tomroe93

Feb 21, 2019
    Black’s the one I fear for the most, since he’s such a unique character

Apr 16, 2024
  20. Kon

Kon

Feb 21, 2019
    Definitely disagree. Seth is already over anyways and has been for a while, plus Roman has a long history with Brock and obviously with seth as well.

Roman returning as a surprise would’ve been a huge pop and a feel good moment. also it won’t even be the main event so even for the anti Roman crowd it wouldn’t exactly make Seth’s win any worse or ruin the night. Plus Roman doesn’t have to be the deciding factor I guess, he could’ve just done something then Seth finished Brock off.

Plus let’s face it with how much of a ‘monster’ as they hype Brock up as, it’d be more logical if Seth gets a little assist from Roman anyways.

Apr 16, 2024