Gaming Overwatch All - Coast g---!?!!?!!?

Started by Deadpool, Jul 31, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 2, 2016
    @OverwatchGang

For the next three weeks, Overwatch is celebrating the Olympics, allowing players to earn special seasonal Loot Boxes, collect over 100 new cosmetic items, and play Overwatch: Rocket League in the latest brawl: Lúcioball!

From today, and throughout the event, any new Loot Boxes you earn or purchase will be jazzed up to suit the sporty theme, and their contents should include one of many limited-time cosmetic items commemorating the Summer Games - including themed sprays, emotes, victory poses, highlight intros, player icons, and some special skins.

These can't be purchased with credits, but each seasonal Loot Box you receive is guaranteed to contain at least one item from our Summer Games 2016 collection. Seems like a good way to get people buying the seasonal Loot Boxes, of which it seems like there will be a few variations. RIP your bank balance.

Which of these Overwatch heroes are you wanting something new for?

To make it so more people spend a silly amount of cash on the boxes, the new cosmetics will only be available until August 22, though any you earn during the event you obviously get to keep. Here's a trailer for the sporty spoils:

- DP

Apr 24, 2024
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 2, 2016
    getting my credit card ready atm

- DP

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 2, 2016
    so theres another hint to a new character called sombra in tracers stream in video at 8 secs reddit people gonna hack it im sure

- DP

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 2, 2016

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aug 2, 2016
    when u dont even know its the olympics untill overwatch makes a thing about it >>

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Sahara

Aug 2, 2016
    I haven't got into this game yet : (. The matches seem really fast and it doesn't feel competitive enough. I dunno what it is. I just fought some asian kid ranked 3 in the world on UFC 2 tho and he beat my a--- and taunted me... feel like committing suicide. So maybe I need something lighter lol

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aug 2, 2016
    try using bastion

Nori, Deadpool and Sahara like this.
    Nori, Deadpool and Sahara like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Nori

Nori ☺ Deadpool is my deformed bousin☺

Aug 4, 2016
    Played as Symmetra last night and she's actually really good :ehh:

Apr 24, 2024
  9. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aug 4, 2016
    her ultimate literally wins your team games, I use her if im try harding

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. Nori

Nori ☺ Deadpool is my deformed bousin☺

Aug 4, 2016
    The teleporter is so lit. I was so focused on that and the turrets I forgot that you could actually s---t people and give your teammates shield too. I'm gonna play her some more today.

Apr 24, 2024
  11. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 4, 2016
    first off @OverwatchGang celebration time

Overwatch has over 15m players worldwide
    It's been played half a billion hours.

second off f--- this

Overwatch’s Summer Games Loot Boxes are Incredibly Frustrating

Overwatch has been out for a couple of months now and Blizzard’s insanely popular multiplayer shooters shows no signs of slowing down. Across all three of its supported platforms, Overwatch boasts a healthy number of daily active users, and constant updates and patches from Blizzard ensures that the players will continue coming back for more.

While most of us wouldn’t have predicted it, Blizzard has recently brought the 2016 Summer Olympics to Overwatch with the game’s first seasonal event. The ‘Overwatch Summer Games‘ is currently live and will last from now until August 22, which also marks the day of the closing ceremonies for the upcoming Olympics.

For those who don’t know, the Overwatch Summer Games largely consists of two new additions. Firstly, Blizzard has added a new weekly brawl mode, aptly named Lúcioball. This game mode is somewhat reminiscent of the ever-popular Rocket League, instead swapping out rocket-powered cars for everyone’s favorite disc jockey, Lúcio. Lúcioball takes place on a new stadium map designed specifically for the Overwatch Summer Games, and environmental boost and jump pads take advantage of Lúcio’s wall-riding skills and faster movement speed.

The other big change Blizzard has made for the next few weeks is the introduction of Summer Games Loot Boxes. Much like the game’s standard loot boxes, these new unlockables also provide four new cosmetic items (from sprays and skins to voice lines and victory poses), but each box now contains at least one Summer Games item. These Summer Games items were created with the Olympics in mind, and include some very nice looking sports-themed skins and outfits.

For those who regularly play Overwatch, you’re probably familiar with how loot boxes generally work. Leveling up your profile will net you one free loot box, though you can always choose to purchase some with real money. Each loot box contains four items, and duplicate items are converted into spare credits, which can be used to purchase unlockable skins, voice lines, etc.

The Summer Games Loot Boxes work much in the same way, though they’ve been tweaked in a way which is beginning to draw the ire of many Overwatch fans, myself included. First off, the Summer Loot Boxes are only available until August 22, meaning that these new cosmetic items are only available for a very limited time. Secondly (and arguably the most frustrating change), none of the new items from the Summer Games event can be purchased using your spare credits.

As someone who has been a fan of Overwatch since day one, this design change is easily one of the most frustrating changes I’ve seen to date, and plenty have taken to the Blizzard forums andReddit to voice their concerns. In the past, the amount of cosmetic items in Overwatch has attracted criticism, simply because the game does encourage users to purchase loot boxes in order to unlock everything (the unlock rate for boxes in-game is slow). Coupled with the fact that the game is not free-to-play (new copies retail for $40-60 depending on your platform of choice), the inclusion of random loot boxes has upset some.

Still, I never had a problem with the ‘standard’ loot boxes, as most of the ‘base’ cosmetic items are indefinitely available, and are purchasable with in-game credits. However, the same can’t be said for Summer Games items, which can only be unlocked through loot boxes for a short period of time. For those who aiming for a complete collection of cosmetic items, Blizzard has essentially forced a percentage of their player base into paying for random drops, as it would take an incredible amount of luck and time to unlock every Summer Games item through regular play. For those looking to solve this problem by unloading some real world cash, you’ll be displeased to know that Summer Games loot boxes are only guaranteed to have one Summer Games item (loot boxes contain four items), and there’s no guarantee that the Summer Games item will be new (I myself have already gotten a few duplicate items).

As explained in a developer update, Overwatch co-director Jeff Kaplan is quick to point out that each player is provided with one free loot box and that the developers never intended for (most) players to unlock every item. Instead, the development team is hoping that Summer Games items will be treated as rare and unique. Also, while it’s not confirmed, the idea of bringing back the Summer Games next year was tossed around, though the same problem could occur if more items are added next year (which I imagine will happen).

So, how should Blizzard fix the problem? Personally, I would be content if they made all these items available for purchase directly, with either in-game credits or real-world money. Secondly, Summer Games Loot Boxes should be changed, guaranteeing four Summer Games items as opposed to one. Whatever the change might come in the form of, a die-hard portion of the Overwatch community has made it clear that they are not content with the current setup for the Summer Games seasonal event. Here’s hoping Blizzard listens and reacts accordingly.

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/0...loot-boxes-are-incredibly-frustrating/219499/

- DP

Apr 24, 2024
  12. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aug 4, 2016
    that new griffball game kinda boring, waiting for a new brawl tbh

Nori and Deadpool like this.
    Nori and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 4, 2016
    u gotta play with a squad for it to be fun