Pivotal Moments In Your Life

Started by Slyk, Jan 4, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Jan 4, 2015
    times when you went left, rather than right & your life wouldn't be the same today.. what's some of your life-path defining moments?

couple of mine that come to mind:
    -if i hadn't accepted a position in madison, wi. moving away from home (detroit) was a huge step and my life would very clearly be different today if i hadn't.
    -nearly got pulled over for smoking weed while driving to myrtle beach with friends. long story, but we got lucky as f--- and i don't think my life would be the same today if we had got caught.
    -transferring to michigan state. probably the best decision i've ever made. prior to, i was unhappy, depressed, and not heading down the right path. my personality wouldn't be what it is today, had i not gone there.
    -getting a DUI. i only blew a .09, but this honestly changed my life. had a great impact and in retrospect, i'm happy that i got caught. else, i would still be out f---ing around while nearly blacked-out at times. learned my lesson and am happy this happened.

...it's crazy to think that one little decision could have such a huge impact on your life. like, my entire life could be different today had any single one of the above wouldn't have occurred. the city i live in, the friends i have, my career path, family relationships, etc...all different.

side note: happy 1000th thread, SXN80 :party:

Meero likes this.
    Meero likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Jan 4, 2015
    death of my mom
    birth of my children

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Kevin

Kevin Migo

Jan 4, 2015
    Making leaks mod

Oldboy likes this.
    Oldboy likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. attila

Jan 4, 2015
    we couldn't have done it without you

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. wizkashiva

wizkashiva YOOOO JCN!

Jan 4, 2015
    Decided 2 days before UCAS form (university application letter) that I wanted to go university. Did it the next day then submitted it on the 2nd day (last day) and got into uni & came out with a degree. A lot of life experiences that have cultivated me into the man I am today.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. CODEiNE DEMON

CODEiNE DEMON One foot stuck in the tarpit of my ways

Jan 4, 2015
    Haven't had many as profound as y'all but

The first time I took acid

The time my friend and I were involved in a hit and run and I literally made eye contact with one of those mall cops that drives around the parking lot as we started speeding away at 90 mph while there was a couple grams and some pills at my feet

Figuring out what I want to do with my life

Listening to MBDTF and truly starting to get into rap

Keep in mind this all happened in the last 3 years I'm only 17 I ain't had the chance to make these big decisions yet:idk:

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024