Gaming PlayStation Thread [SXN80 PSN Names in OP]

Started by Pippen2Jordan24, Nov 24, 2014, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 17, 2020
    I bought Days Gone and Death Stranding at the same time cuz they were $20 and $30 each on sale and couldn’t pass that up so I’ve been switching off. Got super engrossed in Stranding so didn’t come back to DG til a couple days ago but honestly I’m really enjoying it

It’s definitely not super revolutionary or anything—core mechanics are the same as like Last of Us (finding scrap to make melee weapons and items, sixth sense type thing to sense items around, etc) but I can’t believe people were trashing this game so hard. I think it does a decent job of doing a survival horror aspect in an open world game which is tough to pull off. Like when you find ammo from a dead enemy, it’s literally like two bullets. A lot of stealth and fight or flight decisions.

Most zombie games tend to fall into the categories of either:
    1. There are very few zombies, but you have very limited ammo in close quarters so you have to decide when to k--- them and when to sneak or run past to conserve ammo
    2. There are tons of zombies in a more open area and you have tons of ammo so you just mow them down.

This does a good job of falling somewhere in between. You can take on a few at once and come out ok (in the OG resident evils you’d usually be f----- against more than 2 at once), but any more than that and you gotta bounce. Like I just went into a cave where there was a horde and I did NOT come out of that alive lol

I like the amount of strategy that goes into scoping out areas to burn down nests and stuff—causing distractions by blowing up gas tankers to get them to congregate toward the noise, using pure stealth, getting them to follow you in your motorcycle away from the area then speeding off back and around to burn the nest while they’re still running back toward you. Oh and the motorcycle needing gas and to be fixed adds another survival horror-y aspect I like.

overall I don’t think this game gets enough credit. The most basic gameplay is pretty similar to games of its kind, but there’s enough new and interesting mechanics that keep it fresh.

Ordinary Joel and BIGFOOT like this.
    Ordinary Joel and BIGFOOT like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Apr 17, 2020
    Anyone else aging FF7r?

Apr 25, 2024
  3. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Apr 17, 2020
    d---, great post.

So far I've only taken out 2 hordes out of like 20 or so, the rush you experience is great lmao. I know which cave you mean, that's one of the two I've killed... You gotta wait until you get the right tools to take them out properly.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. dna hits

Apr 18, 2020
    Finally finished 2nd inning conquest this evening on MLB the show. This is the most addictive game, since the resident evil 2 remake. I’d highly recommend any sports fan or even anyone who wants a game with so many different things to unlock then prestige to buy the game. You can’t run out of stuff to do with this game. You can spend 2-4 hours just flipping cards for profit to gain stubs. I’m going to start doing showdown tomorrow to unlock a few high grade diamonds.

Also anyone who’s playing the final fantasy 7 remake, post your review of the game. Mlb and resident evil 3 should keep me busy all through summer. But, I’ll want another campaign game eventually. And FF7 looks like it may be the best game available, currently.

Apr 25, 2024
  5. dna hits

Apr 18, 2020
    This was a great game. It got a little repetitive to me, after people were setting traps for your motorcycle. But it’s great at adding survival horror aspects to the game. It didn’t feel like a resident evil rip off and felt like it’s own game. If you like this game, I’d highly recommend the evil within 2. I probably enjoyed the evil within 2 more overall. I agree that days gone is underrated too. Hopefully, they keep the franchise going.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 18, 2020
    I was actually looking at playing evil within in the future as well

to me all open world games get repetitive after awhile, so that won’t be an issue for me. I usually never touch them again once I beat the main storyline because I’ve gotten my fill of side quests along the way anyway, I’m not really a completionist like that

but yeah the survival horror aspects are great. I just got to a check point where I had to turn the power on using a gas can and generator like normal...but I had to figure out a way to get over the fence because the generator was inside an enclosed area—and there was a horde in a train car overlooking the area so you can't just waltz on in and it’s pretty much impossible to take them all on. So I had to throw the gas can over the fence and then push a car up against it so I could climb over, then crouched on the car out of view and threw one of those noise distractors over the train tracks so they all ran the other way which gave me time to run and gas up the generator and get inside.

Ofc I was pressed for time and only got 2/3 of the alarm wires cut (the other one was on a toll booth away from the building so they were all up on me instantly and I had to figure out an escape route to the motor cycle. Gonna have to come back later and cuz that last alarm

All this is to say I love the creative decision making they have you do in this game

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Ordinary Joel, dna hits and BIGFOOT like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. BIGFOOT

Apr 18, 2020
    To beat that horde you gotta try get as many of them towards the big gas tank in the muddy area, and then s---t that b---- to kingdom come... What weaponry have you got so far?

I died a good few times trying to take out that horde tbh

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 18, 2020
    That's what I was thinkin bout trying next time, I decided to bounce and come back later. I'd tried blowing it up to try to get them to congregate toward it but they sorta just came and meandered around where I was tryina go lmao

Apr 25, 2024
  9. BIGFOOT

Apr 18, 2020
    Don't really want to give away any spoilers, but wait till you get a couple of attractor gadgets, and use them, make em gather around the tank, then blow that b---- lmao.

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

May 24, 2020
    I wish Namco would do a remaster of Tekken 1-5. Or at least add them to the PS2 sectiobn of the PS Store.

Apr 25, 2024
  11. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Jun 19, 2020
    Picked up The Last of Us 2 today. Played for an hour or so and it feels very fluent. I have just your basic ps4 and it looks pretty great. Haven’t sat down and played a game for consecutive hours in a long time, this may make me.

CJ Poe likes this.
    CJ Poe likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jun 20, 2020
    ClassicCBJ

add me mates

Apr 25, 2024
  13. icecube

Jun 20, 2020
    I could never get into TLOU. I tried 3 times but just couldn't enjoy playing it. It's a type of game I should enjoy though. So I'll be skipping TLOU2, even though I really don't want to.

Apr 25, 2024
  14. ifkedup

Jun 20, 2020
    It's a shame how metacritic got bombarded with low user scores. I'm 4 hrs in from one sitting and "enjoying" the h--- out of it. First one was one of my favs, and this is a great continuation on that.

Apr 25, 2024
  15. ifkedup

Jun 20, 2020
    Strange. You remember where you got to in the story? What made you not enjoy it?

Apr 25, 2024
  16. icecube

Jun 20, 2020
    Can't remember exactly. Prob about half way through. I was underground and struggling to get past a load of clickers. But there's apparently lots of places like that. I just found it too tedious to get through tbh. I might try on easy nice just to see if I can get invested in the story.

Apr 25, 2024
  17. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jun 20, 2020
    Is it good? I beat the first one. Story was great but the gameplay was so repetitive of sneaking around and fighting the zombie f---s. I'm not interested if it's the same

Apr 25, 2024
  18. Tom Brady

Tom Brady "I'm a pretty good winner."

Jun 20, 2020
    That was a huge issue for me in the first one. I’m only a few hours in, but so far it feels very fluent. It is quite literally a better version of the first game. We’ll see how the rest of the game goes but I can tell you this; you will be hooked pretty early on.

Worm likes this.
    Worm likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. ifkedup

Jun 21, 2020
    It's good imo but then again I very much enjoyed the loop of stealth/combat gameplay and story of the first game.
    If you're looking to go on side missions to recover an old lady's apple she lost on her way back from the grocery store then I suggest you pick up some open world game instead though.
    It is pretty much more of the same (for as far as I got) with some refinements and new elements as is the case for any sequel basically.

Worm likes this.
    Worm likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. ifkedup

Jun 21, 2020
    I like the more open maps that make you feel like you want to conquer the region before returning to the route you're supposed to follow. More of a discovery element to it now.
    Also happy that they don't hold your hand as much when finding codes to safes etc.

Apr 25, 2024