Serious What's your opinion on abortion?

Started by SWERVO, Aug 26, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Mimi

Mimi the art of doing nothing

Aug 28, 2015
    It's not about living in a first world or third world country. There are still the same issues. Yes, some children get taken from abusive households and moved into foster families but what about the many that don't? Do you think there are enough adopting, decent foster families and that the system copes with the number of unwanted births?

You don't seem to grasp the concept of a consciousness not coming into existence, there isn't some little child crying in purgatory wishing it could be alive, suffering endlessly... it is a potential life, it is yet to exist, to know what being 'alive' is. Do you agree with the morning after pill? There is the same potential in that egg+ sperm as there is in the first 9 weeks when a medical abortion can be performed.

Think about all the children that are living in orphanages, without anybody to love them and give them the one on one attention and care that a child needs? Sitting around for 1 - 18 years like an animal in the pet store hoping to one day be picked and given the life all living children deserve? A child that endures that life is suffering a great deal more than one that is never even awake.

I am not agreeing with abortion as a form of contraception, though I strongly doubt many women would enjoy going through, not only the process of having an abortion but the guilt that comes with it. And how would the 'right circumstances' for an abortion be chosen? What about people that f--- using a condom but it breaks. Why is it fair for you or anyone else to tell a woman (and possibly also her partner) that even though you took precautions - too bad! You weren't being a whor- but now you must sacrifice your own quality of life, and this unwanted child's. Who wins in that scenario?

And I hope you're not one of the anti-abortionists that complains about single mothers on welfare or state money supporting low income children as that would make you a special kind of moron. It's easy for a man to start using words like whor- for women who like to have sex. There's plenty of good for nothing men who f--- around then decide 'nope don't want it'. If there is a loving father who wants an unexpected child but a mother that opts for abortion then the situation is more difficult but it's rarely the case.

And people that support gay marriage don't shout about the 'cruelty' of denying it, they argue that it's nobody else's f---ing business what two consenting adults do, so pro-choice again, pro-freedom, pro-equality, the same angle.

asvdawg, Deadpool, Narsh and 5 others like this.
    asvdawg, Deadpool, Narsh and 5 others like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  2. Sahara

Aug 28, 2015
    @Mimi ethering @Alchemist like

Deadpool, Maya and Mimi like this.
    Deadpool, Maya and Mimi like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  3. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Aug 31, 2015

You keep using worst case scenarios to justify it

I mean sure, if a woman got pregnant from a violent gangrape at a family dinner in the aftermath of a world wide nuclear war ruled by the Islamic State with a large asteroid on a collision course to earth imminent, then yeah I think it's fair to abort the baby. Other wise, living childhood in a foster home > being killed before birth

What I don't agree with is abortion being allowed simply because the baby isn't wanted or she 'can't afford' it.

lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    lil uzi vert stan likes this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  4. Mimi

Aug 31, 2015
    I feel like you're either an unimaginative troll or incapable of constructing your thoughts/opinions into a coherent argument that explains why you believe them.

Can you explain why a child not born suffers more than a child born into the world unwanted?

Can you also explain why a child that doesn't exist has more rights than its already living parents?

asvdawg and Deadpool like this.
    asvdawg and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  5. homeless bitch

homeless bitch homeless piece of shit with nothing to live for

Aug 31, 2015
    f--- what you agree with, aint your decision to make n-----. And it definitely isn't the government's decision to make either.
    You're hella dumb.

Edit: Instead of just calling you dumb, see my earlier post:
    "Abortion is a personal decision that should not be dictated by anyone but the individual(s) who are involved in making said decision. Abortion shouldn't be a matter of legality because the state/government should not have the power to dictate these type of personal decisions. To suggest otherwise is to support an egregious overstep in power by the hands of the government and federal law. People must always retain full and complete bodily autonomy."

so simple

Deadpool, Maya, Mimi and 1 other person like this.
    Deadpool, Maya, Mimi and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  6. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Aug 31, 2015
    Are you kidding? You think it's not worth living because your mother doesn't want you? can you see what you're saying?

It does exist otherwise she wouldn't be pregnant having an abortion

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  7. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Aug 31, 2015

You the hella dumb one n-----. Yes people have a right to do what they want with their own body. Tattoo your face or go s--- a d-ck the government shouldn't interfere with that but when it concerns another life that's when you best think twice about your "bodily autonomy"

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  8. homeless bitch

homeless bitch homeless piece of shit with nothing to live for

Aug 31, 2015
    sorry, didn't mean for you to catch any feelings :hov2:

"Yes people have the right to do what they want with their own body" - you just said this. The argument should be over now.

Abortions don't concern you. Why concern yourself with the business of another random woman's (unborn, undeveloped) child? You aint gonna take care of it. You're not gonna raise it. You're not bouta go pick one child out of millions to adopt and take out of the cesspool called "foster care". You don't share their pregnancy. It, in no way, effects you. f---ing idiot. Are you implying that the government should decide whether or not a woman's abortion is based on valid circumstances? If so, then who decides what is valid and what isn't? You should mind your own f---ing business and just live your life.

Also, women will get abortions regardless of the law. Would you rather them perform their own abortions unsafely by any means necessary, or have them be able to go into a clinic and have the procedure done by a professional in sanitary conditions with the appropriate tools? Do you even consider the implications of the position you are taking?

Have you ever had an abortion? You act like an abortion is like getting your blood drawn or you're f---ing heart rate checked. Abortions are serious s--- and they are serious personal decisions that don't concern you or most of the users on this forum. You aren't qualified to make such grandiose statements on the moral implications of an abortion or the legality of an abortion. You're position is laughable, naive, and fallacious and is based off a limited scope on experience and a childish frame of reference.

Also bodily autonomy is extremely important. If you think otherwise, you are part of a much larger problem.

Mimi likes this.
    Mimi likes this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  9. Mimi

Sep 1, 2015
    You're still not elaborating on why you think what you do. If you think it should be illegal and want people to agree with you, you need to demonstrate your reasons. Because right now you are just coming off as an unempathetic fool. Saying 'Are you kidding? can you see what you're saying?' doesn't really support any of your views, so feel free to try again.

'You think it's not worth living because your mother doesn't want you?' - Again, you completely overlook the mother and father's rights to have a say in their own future, and in the case of the mother, her own body. You also see the psychological affect on the child if it were to be born in such a pathetically two-dimensional way I think you might be beyond grasping the point.

'It does exist otherwise she wouldn't be pregnant having an abortion' - I obviously implied existence to mean conscious awareness... your sperm exist in the sense that they are constituted of physical matter, but we do not treat them as though they are 'experiencing' existence. - though by your logic they are material as well as being potential human beings... must weigh heavy on your conscience all those people using contraception and destroying thousands of 'potential' lives by the minute.

Also, aside from the ethical issues of fetus termination consider the other dangers. How often has prohibition been preventative of people's actions.. much like the failed drug war, failed alcohol prohibition, prostitution laws etc... illegalization consistently serves only to drive people's actions underground and cause themselves and others more harm. By legalisation of such behaviours you are able to create, safe, clean, secure environments and often more effective education for behaviours that will occur anyway and keep it off the streets.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  10. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 4, 2015

If your argument is "it doesn't affect or concern you", then you are a lost soul. Things can still be wrong even if they don't affect you at all

I don't agree with woman (and men) being careless and getting pregnant or getting pregnant and just changing their mind like you know what I actually don't want this baby. In these cases, bodily autonomy goes out the window

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  11. zbd

zbd Photo Shoot Fresh

Sep 4, 2015
    sigged (if I could)

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  12. zbd

zbd Photo Shoot Fresh

Sep 4, 2015
    I'm sure if you went round and asked orphans whether they'd prefer to have lived or preferred to have been killed before birth, most would tell you lived.

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  13. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 4, 2015

You can't see my point yet? Because it's wrong to take a life because you just don't feel like having a baby. I dunno how much simpler you need it explained to you

We have err rights! They took err jerbs! That's the same logic I apply to that argument. When it concerns another life, no, you don't have all the rights in the world.

A cumshot with many sperm isn't the same as a fetus in the mother's womb and you know it

Stupid argument. I'm sure if we legalised all murder too people can get killed more humanely with lethal injections by their murderers rather than hacked to pieces in the woods. Lets legalise r--- so we can safely put woman in a safe controlled environment for their rapists rather than getting unsafely gangraped in a dark alley

I think the issue here is people refusing to see unborn babies or fetuses as human. They are seen as something less. As insects. You don't think twice before you k--- a fly because it's just so beneath and inferior. It doesn't matter at all to you

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  14. zbd

zbd Photo Shoot Fresh

Sep 4, 2015
    Yup, and it's not something you two are ever gonna come to an agreement on.

asvdawg and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    asvdawg and lil uzi vert stan like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  15. M.I.C.

Sep 4, 2015
    that's the best way at seeing how abortion was viewed in the 90's and also a great example of why eminem's music has aged so poorly

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  16. fiddster

Sep 4, 2015
    I think the issue here is people refusing to see the foetuses don't have feelings of any sort

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  17. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Sep 4, 2015
    Well as long as we don't hurt their feelings all good then

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  18. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Sep 4, 2015
    Fetuses within the first 26 weeks feel no pain, they have no emotion or even conscious. This has been widely agreed upon among the scientific community therefore making abortions humane within those restrictions. There's nothing wrong with aborting a fetus that hasn't even developed any type of awareness yet. I really don't understand how people can argue that.

Deadpool and Mimi like this.
    Apr 17, 2024
  19. zbd

zbd Photo Shoot Fresh

Sep 4, 2015
    What if we developed a method of painlessly killing all fetuses? Would people then be happy to see abortions happen right up till birth?

0 0
    Apr 17, 2024
  20. Lucy

Lucy #1

Sep 4, 2015
    Birth control isn't 100% guaranteed and condoms snap. (A high school friend of mine was born because the condom snapped during sex. He's an "accident") you also say things like "it's their own fault for not bein responsible" but like, would say that as a teenager you made 100% responsible decisions at all times and never made a mistake?

Apr 17, 2024