Lucy #1

Aug 3, 2018
    are we talking about scorpion or your posting history here im confused

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. dna hits

Aug 3, 2018
    Lmao this has to be a personal subliminal shot at me. Scorpion is on another planet compared to s-----y ye. A guys album anthem theme who says he has super powers because hes mentally ill and what’s sad is Kanye truly believes it. You wanted Drake’s album to flop badly after the pusha situation. Just admit it at this point man. In my feelings number one on the charts. Poor ye had about 2 days worth of songs streaming and now is already irrelevant. I’m still playing songs off scorpion everyday.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 3, 2018
    I know it may come as a surprise to you but I don’t spend my time thinking up how to send subliminal shots at you by comparing two mediocre albums. Why would I want an artist I like to make bad music?

Mar 29, 2024
  4. Final

Final

Aug 4, 2018
    Clearly how many years later he’s still begging for recognitionwithin his music? Think of Charlemagne if you have to.. there are people that don’t f--- with Drake regardless of his past work like myself and like I said, this project makes a case to me as to why he should be considered a great after all this time. The consistency of what he’s able to put out after all this time is better than other artists his rap age. Hits!
    I’m still not sure what you’re trying to suggest though when you say that viewpoint is hollow...the view that success negates getting rekt. On one hand you say for Drake, the beef was still the beef, and that Drakes continued success doesn’t negate the fact that he got rekt. Which I mean yea sure, we know he got rekt.. and I’m saying no one cares and he’s still toping charts as usual so he got let off.

Then on the other hand, I say that Meek got rekt and fell into obscurity and you proclaim that he’s still a huge star and essentially that no one cares he got rekt. You say these things in the same post. So... you agree with the same viewpoint, that you say, is hollow and isn’t reality? I’m not trying to twist your words but you came and rejected my original idea about success and then only apply it to Meek and not Drake for some reason. Yes, we all know there’s more to life and art than commercial success but in the eyes of the public, Drake is still Drake and Meek is a guy that lost to Drake.

Mar 29, 2024
  5. Final

Final

Aug 4, 2018
    I think as a hardcore Drake fan it makes sense to feel that way about Scorpion because it’s bland. But to me that’s Drake he’s always bland. More Life experimentation didn’t appeal to my ears because I’m not a fan of him. You want more.. d--- outta Drake. (Each of Kendrick’s projects have a unique sound) As a person that doesn’t like him, these songs are just typical stuff yes, but they click with me because they sound good. All those things you listed are literally every Drake song ever (break ups and social media) I’ve always liked Drakes rap rap and a lot of this project is him just dropping empty bars and it sounds good to my ears. I’m not looking for deep songs from Drake because to me, a lot of his music sounds the same. It’s the way he says it on this album.. it just sounds like a Senior project. Like he’s in his prime of creating musical hits. It may not be the “best” Drake or “prime” Drake but it’s him in a comfortable chair showcasing why he deserves a spot on a list. If that makes sense.
    :final2:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and DKC like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 4, 2018
    Nah, that makes 100% sense to me. I understand the appeal of scorpion, but I guess as someone who’s been a fan since Take Care the content is tiresome and since a lot of the album’s sound doesn’t do a ton for me I’m only left with like 40% of a 25 song album. It makes sense that the hardcore fans like it as well as someone who’s never really been a fan but happens to like the sound of this album.

I like the bounce influenced parts, I was hoping for more of that. So that was disappointing for me cuz I was hoping for more in that direction as well.

Ordinary Joel and Final like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Final like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 4, 2018
    I mean exactly what I said: there's more to life than commercial success. Everyone knows Drake got absolutely destroyed. The fact that he's, like, still a pop star does nothing to negate that.
    Plenty of people care
    That's not what I said at all. Everyone knows Meek botched that beef and took an ugly loss. But you said he's no longer a star and somehow became obscure; I pointed out that that's nakedly false.

It's funny that you're trying to paint these points of mine as somehow contradictory when they're actually strengthening my argument. Meek and Pusha are both basically the same level of notoriety they were before their beefs with Drake, despite one having a huge win and one suffering a bad loss.

Mar 29, 2024
  8. Final

Final

Aug 4, 2018
    ??? In other words, all 3 of their careers remain unaffected by their respective beefs regardless of the level of stardom.. which is a roundabout way of agreeing with me that Drake suffered no losses as a result of the beefs? Against Drake one took an L and one took a W but both are still nobodies regardless of your personal like or dislike of them... and Drake still shines on because he’s a megastar.

All this says to me is that beef is pointless at the end of the day because your career still goes on. No matter how you feel about Meek, he’s known for taking a huge L to Drake, period. Drake isn’t known for taking an L to Pusha.

Mar 29, 2024
  9. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 4, 2018
    my initial point was that there's more to life than how high someone charts or how much money they make. the beefs are still significant parts of their legacies. drake is still a star; drake suffered an absolutely catastrophic loss. the things have little to do with one another, especially in this era.
    yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about. i can't even begin to imagine how disengaged you must be from the last 15 years of hip-hop. pusha and meek are both universally regarded in the genre as generational talents.

Mar 29, 2024
  10. Final

Final

Aug 4, 2018
    Ok but you’re stating the obvious because you think I lack basic awareness of this because I said that Drake got off scot-free while Meek didn’t (Which is simply true). Sure we may look back 10 years from now and say g.d. Drake really ate that bullet but in the current moment we don’t. We do however, look at Meek and say it.

WPG settle down dude anyone that’s into rap knows who the f--- they are. They are totally awesome! Still nobodies in comparison to these other rap stars and don’t do nearly the numbers within context of this conversation

Ordinary Joel and dna hits like this.
    Ordinary Joel and dna hits like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. Final

Final

Aug 4, 2018
    I can see calling them “nobodies” is what you latch onto and obviously that’s being extreme but cmon you know what I’m saying L

Mar 29, 2024
  12. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Aug 4, 2018
    Why is @WPG still trying to plead his “meek mill is still famous” case lol. Nobody knows who the f--- that dude is anymore. It’s not even like he was that big before the beef. nobody outside of US has ever known or cared about the guy.

Like, we get it, you heard somebody playing his ep once. Take the L and admit you’re wrong bro

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. hotdogwater

hotdogwater Chet Starr

Aug 4, 2018
    scro.jpg

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. dna hits

Aug 4, 2018
    Lmfao. I listen and enjoy Drake’s diss more than Pusha’s. Stfu the diss didn’t effect Drake’s legacy. No one will remember it 2 years from now. It wasn’t mind blowing by any sense. And drake went on to preform amazing numbers while Pusha stumbled back into the darkness. He was begging for Drake’s attention since 2011.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 4, 2018
    To be fair do people outside of the US know Pusha T?

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 4, 2018
    don't waste time responding to him seriously lol he's just trying to get a rise out of me
    this is the kind of response on ovo staffer would give lol

Mar 29, 2024
  17. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 4, 2018
    if u ever leave the house you'd know nobody gives a s--- about Pusha T or meek mill compared to Drake and barely anyone knows about the beef

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 4, 2018
    that is quite literally untrue but i wouldn't expect a hideous racist shut-in from australia to know better

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. soul intent

soul intent The dude tho

Aug 4, 2018
    I wouldn’t consider myself a huge drake fan, but I love scorpion. Something about this album connected with me moreso than any other drake album.

It’s funny, the pusha beef didn’t take anything away from scorpion. I don’t think that beef tarnished drake’s legacy or anything. If the music entertains me that’s all I care about.

dna hits and Final like this.
    dna hits and Final like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 4, 2018
    it is true you idiot go outside

speak for yourself balding fat f---

yet somehow I do? lmfao what a f---ing moron. Rocky had more first week sales than Pusha T. Push is pretty much irrelevant, same with meek.

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  21. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Aug 4, 2018
    the gulf between "sells less than asap rocky" and "irrelevant" is massive, dummy

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024