Film Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (DECEMBER)

Started by Sav Stanfield, Apr 12, 2019, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Poster on the internet

Apr 21, 2019
    The prequels are terribly written and directed. There is no getting around it. What they do have is John Williams, a couple of likable actors and a wonderful design team.

While I enjoyed both parts of the ST so far, I am a little disappointed that Disney seem intent on staying "safe" and aping the original trilogy as often as possible.

Apr 24, 2024
  2. K18 El Duderino

K18 El Duderino Welcome to the Dopamine Dome

Apr 22, 2019
    you say that, yet your avi is from Spiderman 3 which was worse than any Starwars prequal movie. Ive enjoyed the Disney Star Wars but Im in the same boat as you. I hate how they've been playing it so safe. The Last jedi took some risk but im not sure if they were the right risks to take

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. henzINNIT

henzINNIT Poster on the internet

Apr 23, 2019
    You refer to my avi as if it has any bearing on what I said, or that having an emo Peter Parker avi suggests I think the film is great.

I totally understand Disney playing things safe on the numbered films. Fans have certain expectations there. What has frustrated me most is that the spin-offs were stuffed with call-backs and references too. They were an opportunity to do something different. Ah well, looks like Solo tanked that plan and eyes have shifted toward TV, which seems like a good idea to me. The films should feel more special, and one a year was ruining that.
    My only lingering issue with 'The Last Jedi' is the Finn sacrifice fake-out and the stupid way Rose stops it. That was one twist too many, and she could have easily killed them both, but I've enjoyed the film more every time I've seen it.

[Full disclosure: I do love Spider-Man 3, but it is clearly horribly flawed and was ruined by studio interference. I'll take bad Sam Raimi over bad Lucas any day though]

K18 El Duderino likes this.
    K18 El Duderino likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Lucy

Lucy #1

Apr 23, 2019
    yo im tellin you guys if that pan faced ugly fat f--- rose was not in the movie it would have been good/great/nothing wrong with it. every f--- up in that TLJ movie revolved around her hamfisting into the story

Zeugma and Mraczewsky like this.
    Zeugma and Mraczewsky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. K18 El Duderino

K18 El Duderino Welcome to the Dopamine Dome

Apr 24, 2019
    I was just roasting your avi man hahah I liked spider man 3 cause Iw as still a kid but as Ive grown older I see its flaws. But yeah I think Finn should have sacrificed himself. That would have been a good end to his character arc. but people keep talking about Starwars fatigue and I don't see it. Id love to have 1 or 2 films a year. With Disney + becoming a thing we'll see a lot more shows. Im a huge Starwars fan so I keep up with everythin, Ive even been watching Resistance its alright but I do enjpoy how it all ties into the bigger story. Im hyped for The Mandolorian, not so much about the Cassian Andor show thoug. Also Im ready to see
    season 7 of the Clone Wars

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024