Eminem Has Shady records ruined the career or everyone involved.

Started by Dread or Alive, Apr 19, 2019, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. KING AND I

Apr 26, 2019
    You cannot say that Boogie has a good success with this label. You better compare how well-known other new rappers, such as Lil Uzi, Migos, and so on.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. Macca

Macca @

Apr 26, 2019
    Boogie's doing pretty well, I was suprised to be honest

BART likes this.
    BART likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. KING AND I

Apr 26, 2019
    his album has failed in sales. and streaming is very small. YouTube videos have very few views. he has very few listeners. it's like a new Cashis or SH. I'm not talking about his rap skills, I'm talking about his level of popularity, his success as an artist.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Sep 25, 2019
    50 cent made money and stopped caring about music.

Obie trice f----- his career up due to his drinking.

Stat could of been f---ing huge but he just got low balled.

They had no clue how to market slaughterhouse. They would of never been super big. They are all bar spitters not hit makers. However I have a feeling the second SH on shady would of been a f---ing classic. Wish joe would actually leak it.

Mudkip likes this.
    Mudkip likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. The Lyricvore

Sep 25, 2019
    Boogie has a lot of talent but I think he needs a lot of guidance to make a good album.

Mudkip and Detroit24 like this.
    Mudkip and Detroit24 like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  6. Detroit24

Sep 26, 2019
    I see similar fates with Boogie, Griselda....maybe put out 1 album and then be shelved and go the Indy route ...like Conway the Machine out of all of them...

At least Shady attempts to put out s--- with all their artists....Aftermath just buries you and steals your lyrics for Dre to use lol

DJ Green Lantern album definitely had some hype around it at the time, also remember getting flyer with Cheers album...

modli and Ricky like this.
    modli and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  7. CSA

CSA Architect

Sep 26, 2019
    Eminem is the founder of Shady Records, he is not actually under it, he's under Aftermath so nobody would say Shady has any effect on Em's musical career anyway. It's his company lol.

As for Yela, I think Shady made the best they could. Some artists cannot be as popular as Em, 50 regardless of their talent, it's a case of many different things but mainly luck. Yela would never get the number of views he has for Best Friend anyway so, being on Shady worked for him. He also made the music of his choosing. He obviously didn't get forced to do any type of s---, if that was the case Love Story or Trial by Fire wouldnt have existed at all. Only the first Radioactive album was probably influenced by the success of Recovery's sound (pop hooks and poppy beats all over the project, -beats were a lot more better than Recovery's tho.) Same happened with the SH album too. It was poppy. They didn't do a good job with SH. SH never really had a chance to blow up anyway but still they could have done great music. They couldn't. The main reason would be Budden for this tho. I'm sure the Glasshouse was pretty great, he just doesn't want it released because it was too dark or smh, he f----- the whole group up.

Detroit24 likes this.
    Detroit24 likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. Detroit24

Sep 26, 2019
    50 cent definitely set the bar too high...for any shady artist...I think Obie and D12 surpassed their potential with Shady...I don’t think they would be as successful in their day without Em.,,,especially Eminem in his prime and highest popularity....

Everyone else except slaughterhouse increased their popularity and attention by getting with Shady even if they didn’t do too much or still wait and see...I would never seek out cashis, Bobby creek, stat quo, boogie, yelawolf, Griselda to be honest...without the co-sign...

I think Griselda will be the most successfully out of all these recent Shady artists...their buzz is increasing and with Em they will get white fans too...

Though yela - original trunk music had some nice tracks...

Slaughterhouse created a buzz before Shady with some having decent Indy careers

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Ricky and CSA like this.
    Ricky and CSA like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. Apocalypse

Apocalypse I’m the G.O.A.T

Oct 6, 2019
    This is a ridiculous question. Of course not. Yes, some artist on the label doesn’t have the same success. But you MUST hold the artist accountable for not making music that catches listeners.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  10. minwager

Oct 6, 2019
    em literally forced all his artists to make Skylar Grey hiphop pop anthems back in 2012 and ruined almost all of their careers during that shady 2.0 run. He alone is held accountable

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  11. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Oct 6, 2019
    Well, to be fair... it is called "shady record company."

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. eddie313

eddie313 MUSIC TO BE MURDERED BY

Oct 6, 2019
    Few thrived yes..but to saw it f----- a career up naw...all signees benefited in some way or form

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  13. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Oct 7, 2019
    D12 (minus Eminem) would have mixed success. Mr. Porter's singing f---ing sucks but he makes really good beats. Proof could've done Obie Trice numbers solo if he decided to go on a major label. Searching For Jerry Garcia was alright. The rest by themselves would've done as good as Stat Quo at best at least Bizarre is memorable.

Obie Trice was actually very dope, but his 1st album was so jam-packed with Dre beats, Timbaland, Eminem & G-Unit features, etc. there was NO WAY the second albums going to top it due to the timeframe in which Obie dropped it.

Stat Quo was signed to Dre and Em and STILL didn't drop an album. We now have 90% of what it was supposed to be but the guy ran his mouth too much so his a--- got dropped. Great lyricist when he wants to be but terrible business mind on Shady. He ended up with Game later on and his rapping got a lot better (no more of that stupid f---ing laugh)

I haven't heard enough Shady era Bobby Creekwater to even say if he'd do well or not. Did the guy even record on there or just get a free paycheck for nothing?

Ca$his should've replaced Game on G-Unit, I believe he would've fit better there. Eminem gave him so many great beats though and Ca$his did manage to make good music with them, but NOBODY bought that s--- because I think to most people, they looked at this signee as a move Eminem did on drugs and it looked way too cringe (see any Eminem interview in 2006-2007 it's awful)

Yelawolf's first album was meh. Love Story was great. He also kind of didn't fit the label too well either. Would've fit better on Strange personally, may not sell as much but would've been a better look.

Slaughterhouse was Eminem's The Firm. All I need to say about that.

kodo and Ricky like this.
    kodo and Ricky like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  14. underground

Oct 9, 2019
    what do you think obie got for cheers alone ? that album did well, stat f----- himself over ruined his own oppurtunity, yelawolf seems to be doing well, if slaughterhouse wouldve compromised more they may have been able to do better, cashis is whatever. bobby creekwater did get f----- tho

itd be hard to turn down a deal at shady even if you got shelved its a good look and opportunity. plus bragging rights lol

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. The Lyricvore

Oct 10, 2019
    cheers did decent but it could of done a lot better. He had Eminem, Dre, Nate dogg all them on that s---. He could of had some hits.

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  16. kodo

Oct 10, 2019
    Got some teeth was an awful first single

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. zuttn

Oct 11, 2019
    The thing with EM that I respect big time is that hes trying to shine light on many real rappers through the years, ofcourse thats not whats going to sell all the time...

But the thing is... once he helped people They than have to bring it by their own.. and alot of people dont do it by them selves, like cry baby Budden he wants to be served and some people talk to much... and other people dont want to listen to the label bosses, and I can respect that but.... if you wanna do big you sometimes have to "sell your soul", with that said..

50 cent... one of the biggest rappers ever.

D12 was real big back in the days...

Obies first album is a classic

Yelawolf have had some success and is probably second best white rapper

Slaughterhouse had potential and a decent album.. but you really gonna give up after one album?

Rest of the people is meh...

I liked cashis but nothing big from him commercially

Stat quo had potential also but f----- it up

Bobby creek what the f--- did he do? Em was realy under the influence on that sign

No comment on the rest

If EM mentions you, you probably will have more views and sell more than without him and thats a fact... but if youre going to make it you will have to have some luck, Good timing that people Will like your music at the time and alot of hard work...even when it doesent go your way...

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024
  18. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Oct 11, 2019
    I still have a Ca$his tape with a working link, it was how I envisioned his shady debut

Tracklist:

1. The County Hound Intro
    2. Serenade My Life
    3. Gun Rule
    4. Thug Boy
    5. Cigarello
    6. Da n----- A Gangsta
    7. Hater In The Club (Feat. D12, Freeway, Roccett & Carlito Rossi) (Oh yes this happened) (& no Eminem's not on it!!!!)
    8. Tick, Tick, b--- (Feat. Stat Quo, Obie Trice, Focus & The Sonix)
    9. I Got That Product
    10. Supreme Race Shady (Interlude)
    11. Ms, Jenkins
    12. Ask About Me
    13. Don't Be A Hero (Feat. Bobby Creekwater)
    14. Just Like Me
    15. Just Wanna (Feat. Kobe)
    16. U Think I'm Crazy
    17. Pistol Poppin (Feat. Eminem)
    18. Thru The Glass

BONUS: Jimmy Crack Corn (Remix)

You can PM if you want it

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024