Aug 12, 2019
    That would be ieal haha

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 12, 2019
    If we’re stupid enough to give him any where close to that money: we deserve to be a 7-9 win football team for the next decade.

Mar 29, 2024
  4. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Aug 13, 2019
    the latest reports say that the Redskins don't plan to trade Williams--despite getting interest from other teams. i could be wrong, but i don't get the feeling that trent williams is going to change his mind. i think he's going to miss regular season games

the redskins have been mediocre for a loooooong time now. i'm not hating on them--they've won multiple superbowls and the vikings don't have any--but they've struggled for what seems like forever. i don't remember the exact year i started watching the NFL, but i know i started watching in the late 90s/ early 2000s and the redskins have been very average for that entire time. and it doesn't seem like that's going to change anytime soon seeing as they'll likely be starting Colt McCoy or Case Keenum

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  5. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 13, 2019
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate the Redskins, but not as much as I hate Dallas and the Giants. I kind of feel bad for Washington. They have pretty much never been a threat as long as I’ve been alive to take in football. It’s hilarious. And Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football lmao

Mar 29, 2024
  6. dna hits

Aug 13, 2019
    Get used to that record. I could see if Dak was great or elite. But the cowboys could honestly draft another Dak. But the cowboys won’t be drafting another Zeke in a long time. They’re f---ing up bad, thinking Dak deserves more. I’m not saying Zeke should be paid that much either, but Dak should have pulled a Brady and took one for the team and take less so they can re sign Zeke. You’re still rich, regardless.

With Zeke, the cowboys have a potential Super Bowl team within the next couple years. Without him, Cooper will be targeted and the back up scrub backs won’t be half as talented as Zeke. And cooper is no Aj Green or Odell or Adams. He’s good but not a top wide receiver.

Mar 29, 2024
  7. JEB

JEB

Aug 13, 2019
    Being raised a Redskins fan is the worst thing my parents ever did to me lol.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  8. dna hits

Aug 13, 2019
    You can’t switch sides now. They should have made a wild card run that year Kirk did good for them. And Boos hates every team except the eagles basically lol just so you know. I made one comment about Wentz maybe being another Kirk Cousins and he literally logged off for another month.

Although, I was harder on Wentz then. I think if he stays healthy, he’ll finish a top 5 or top 3 Qb.

Boos and JEB like this.
    Boos and JEB like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  9. JEB

JEB

Aug 13, 2019
    Nah, I'll be a fan for life. It just sucks they enjoyed all their success before I was born

Mar 29, 2024
  10. dna hits

Aug 13, 2019
    All teams eventually turn it back around. Just give them a few years. It’s not like they were as bad as the browns and bills teams during their long bad stretch. I actually watched a replay of the Redskins the other day, to watch their qb. When he had time to throw, he did fine imo. A lot of plays he was under pressure too soon. No qb can do good then.

Mar 29, 2024
  11. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 13, 2019
    Lmaoooo

JEB likes this.
    JEB likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  12. Enigma

Aug 13, 2019
    It’s his second contract. I don’t blame Dak for wanting to break the bank. You have to get paid while you can in this league.

Zeke is largely replaceable. He’s a great player but the position he plays isn’t valuable in today’s NFL. Rushing success has more to do with run blocking, run scheme & box count than it does whoever is taking the handoff. Cowboys have one of the best O-Lines in the league. Running the ball wont be an issue with or without Zeke.

Mar 29, 2024
  13. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Aug 13, 2019
    @Enigma share your story of how you became/why you're a Cowboys fan. i know you live in Cali, so i'm curious as to why you like them. don't get it twisted, i'm not one of those "you've gotta like the team of the area you were born" kind of people. i'm a HUGE vikings fan and i was born in virginia. i'm just asking because i'm curious. if someone was born in philadelphia and they like the eagles, its pretty obvious why. but i enjoy hearing the stories of people who like a team and their team doesn't play in the area they live in

Mar 29, 2024
  14. Enigma

Aug 13, 2019
    I grew up with my uncle who is a cowboys fan & I spent a lot of time with him as a kid. That’s pretty much it though. Everyone else in my family are 49er fans lol.

TimmyT likes this.
    TimmyT likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  15. dna hits

Aug 13, 2019
    I can tell you never played football irl for a team before. Just look at the stats when Zeke had a bad game and how much worse Dak’s stats always were. Colin Cowherd a professional paid sport analysts even showed the stats. You’re beating around the bush here. Having a threat like Zeke takes a “ton” of pressure off Dak. Do you really think Dak is a Drew Brees that can go in shotgun every snap 1-3rd down and march his team down the field? Dak needs a good rb to open up passing plays for him, like Zeke created for him the past 2 years.

And Zeke is “largely” replaceable? You’re trolling with this post. Elite running backs only come once in a while. I don’t like Zeke, but I’d be lying if I said he’d be easy to replace. Cowboys would have to hope they have 2 other running backs who can split carries and get average numbers. Are you saying the cowboys are just as good without Zeke? Why couldn’t have Dak taken 35 million and free up some room for Zeke. Honestly I was never a dak hater, but I’d love to see him get smashed and humiliated this year without Zeke. Dak’s own ego is way above his head. He literally thinks he’s a top 5 qb. The teams who make a long push in the playoffs have a good rb or a good receiving rb with a power rb similar to what the patriots did. Saints had Kamara and Ingram. Rams had Gurely. Chiefs had Hunt. Unless he was suspended by that point, I can’t remember. Dak needs a really good rb for him to be a successful throwing qb.

Mar 29, 2024
  16. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Aug 13, 2019
    that's cool. i'm originally from Virginia, but i didn't even get into football until i was living in wisconsin. i became a vikings fan while living IN wisconsin of all places haha. i mostly like the Vikings because i always loved Cris Carter. i also like his story of how he redeemed himself.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  17. Enigma

Aug 13, 2019
    If your team’s offense is extremely run reliant—you’re already at a disadvantage in the NFL. Passing the ball is superior in today’s NFL & that’s how you win games. It’s not 1965 anymore, you need be able to pass the ball efficiently if you want to make Super Bowl runs. That’s an area the Cowboys need to improve on from last season—not try to mask it by running the ball more. The Cowboys were efficient running the ball before Zeke came to Dallas & would be so if he left too. There’s tons of data out there that supports the fact NFL RBs are all replaceable, even the best ones.

There’s an abundance of quality RBs in the NFL. You don’t need a top 5 RB to be a good rushing football team. If you have a good O-Line & good run scheme, any NFL level running back can get the job done for you. Also, the notion that running the ball helps the passing game because you’re “establishing the run” is false. Passing plays like play-action work independently. You don’t need to run the ball 20+ times for play-action to work.

Cowboys believe it or not need to pass more but they need an OC that will run plays that fits Dak’s skill set. Rolling him out more, play action, read option etc. Substituting the quick passing game for some of our rush attempts would improve our offense quite a bit imo. A 5-7 yard pass completion is better than a 3-4 yard rush attempt. I’m sick of seeing the cowboys constantly running the ball straight into stacked boxes (especially on 1st down). It’s pointless & sets up obvious passing situations on 2nd & 3rd down.

Mar 29, 2024
  18. Head Bussa

Aug 13, 2019
    Not expecting much from the Bills. 7-9 at the very best. Just being realistic [​IMG]

JEB likes this.
    JEB likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  19. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 13, 2019
    Runningbacks are extremely useless and I really hope the cowboys handcuff themselves to Dak and Elliott. Just look at the super bowl winners this decade, s---, even millennium, and less than a handful are considered elite backs. I think the Birds were top 3, if not the best, in the NFL the year we won with backs like Blount, Clement, and Ajayi (for half the year.)

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  20. Enigma

Aug 13, 2019
    My whole position on resigning Dak/Zeke stands on these two principles:
    A) RB position is easily replaceable thus making RBs not valuable since rushing success stems from run blocking, run scheme & box count anyways.
    B ) It’s extremely difficult to win a championship in this league without a consistent top 10 QB. Paying a mid-tier QB top dollar would hurt the rest of the team in the long run & while it may keep you competitive in the short run, chances of you winning a super bowl are slim.

Basically, if the goal is to win division titles, sure, sign Dak and Zeke. They’ll win you some division titles, sure. If the goal is super bowl, you should let them walk.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
Live Thread