NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 25, 2019
    People were picking him to win MVP this year. I just heard on philly sports radio on the way home that fans were booing him tonight? If that’s true that’s terrible

Buddha and Enigma like this.
    Buddha and Enigma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. joeyp363

Aug 25, 2019
    Yeah message his a--- and tell him JoeyP needs Fantasy advice haha he will love it.

Houston oilers all day baby!

Jkjk Niners fan through and through.

Apr 24, 2024
  3. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 25, 2019
    Yeah, they boo’d him as he exited that stadium. f--- those “fans.” Dude literally gave up his general health & well being in order to play football & they do that?

Luck was primed to play at LEAST 5/6 more years of elite football. The Colts were finally improving as a team too.

JEB and Boos like this.
    JEB and Boos like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 25, 2019
    And Philly never hears the end of how we boo’d and threw snowballs at a replacement Santa Claus who was a notorious drunk season ticket holder who only was out there because the real Santa actor didn’t show up smh

Enigma and Sign Language like this.
    Enigma and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Aug 25, 2019
    Didn’t you guys throw batteries at an Easter bunny too?

JEB likes this.
    JEB likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 25, 2019
    Lmao nah not that but we definitely threw some at JD Drew who thought he was too good to play for the Phillies when we drafted him

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. JEB

JEB

Aug 25, 2019

Apr 24, 2024
  8. redsoxx

redsoxx "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

Aug 25, 2019
    Its s-----y but you place Luck and the exact situation he & the Colts are in on any of the other 31 teams and he probably gets booed everywhere.

I felt bad for the dude tbh. The Colts and Chiefs were really the two teams that worried me this year in the AFC.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. Enigma

Aug 25, 2019
    Agreed. All fan bases have their share of s-----y fans. It’s unfortunate....

In light of the Andrew Luck news, good idea to point this out again:

As bad as Luck’s O-Line was earlier in his career, it was the scheme he was in that really broke him. Chuck Pagano/offensive coaching staff had Luck taking 5/7 step drops frequently earlier on in his career. That led to him holding onto the ball longer & thus taking more sacks/hits. Those guys are most responsible for this out of anyone. They knew they didn’t have a good O-Line, saw their young QB getting beat up for years & didn’t even attempt to make adjustments to protect him. It wasn’t until Frank Reich came in & installed the quick passing game last season that Luck wasn’t sacked/hit as much but it was already too late at that point...

Apr 24, 2024
  10. Detroit24

Aug 25, 2019

Apr 24, 2024
  11. dna hits

Aug 25, 2019
    The Steelers looking amazing and deadly for once on defense, like back in the day. Ben was on target all his passes. I can’t believe some of the wideouts and the TE dropped the ball right off their hands.

And Rudolph looks great. I think he’s going to be a solid replacement for Ben and be a great starter in the league. Nice long pass to James Washington. Really want to draft Washington in another fantasy draft this year yet.

The espn power rankings have Steelers as number one in their division, obviously. But now they have the Ravens ranked number 2. The Browns over hyped ban wagon is over. And lol at patriot fans acting like they’re not scared of the Steelers. The Steelers beat them with ease last season. If brown wasn’t a drama queen and was cool with Ben, if Bell played, they easily would have won the AFC last year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the AFC this year. The only team I’m a little worried (in afc) about is the chiefs. Patriots offense won’t be able to compete with the Steelers offense without Gronk catching clutch first downs and carrying their offensive passing game on his shoulders. Edelman is older and not as quick and is more prone to being hurt. They don’t have a great rb. Brady was 20th overall in passing last year which is embarrassing. He can’t throw as good as 5 years ago. Sucks with the deep ball.

Detroit24 likes this.
    Detroit24 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  12. Detroit24

Aug 25, 2019
    I’m pulling for Roethlisberger...always thought he was a great Qb, takes a lot chances but does make WR better....hope he has a big season for my fantasy too...your D needs to improve and hopefully it does...hope they stick it to Antonio Brown and Le’Veon Bell...

Don’t ever count out Patriots with Brady/ belichek

AFC North should be fun...browns, ravens, Steelers...grind division...

I think either Jets/Bills are going to be surprise team in the afc

I have a feeling Chiefs take a step back...Raiders implode

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Marshall III

Aug 25, 2019
    Tom Brady is better then everyone in the NFL !!!! Ur gonna lose. #GoPat’s!!!

Apr 24, 2024
  14. dna hits

Aug 25, 2019
    I think the jets are definitely going to be a better team. They should have tried getting a better top tier WR for their qb. Bell is going to do great with them, I think. I still don’t think the bills did enough for them to turn around. And the raiders should improve. The best predicted rookie RB maybe having a break out season. The qb having a Brown as a threat to any team.

And speaking non biased, I honestly think the Browns will be lucky to finish .500. I’m more worried about the ravens than I am the Browns. It wouldn’t surprise me if Bakers rookie year was a fluke. Against teams above .500 that he played last year, his stats were awful. I never knew it until Colin Cowherd showed the stats. And him and Odell have potential to be a recipe of disaster. If Odell isn’t getting the targets he wants and the team sucks, he’ll sit out the rest of the season making it clear he wants traded by the Browns the next season. He never wanted to go there in the first place. That’ll be Odell’s excuse. Which I couldn’t blame him, I wouldn’t want to be on the Browns either.

I drafted Adams and Hopkins back to back picks in one league. And already have someone offering me Odell for Hopkins. I said h--- no. I had Odell for 2 years in a league and he was a waste of a pick. His ankle was always bothering him the one year. And he normally s----d every week. He would have you like 5-6 good games a year when healthy. But the giants had the worst offensive line last year. I don’t understand how some people who don’t know football just want to blame manning. No qb is doing good with the worst line in the league.

Detroit24 likes this.
    Detroit24 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  15. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Aug 26, 2019
    Back up’s are back up’s for a reason, but Jacoby Brisett has looked good when he’s had opportunities. Obviously being a starter week in and week out is totally different from filling in every now and then, but there’s a lot worse guys out there than Jacoby

Apr 24, 2024
  16. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Aug 28, 2019
    Pats fans are as worried about the Steelers as they are about the Dolphins or the Jets lmao.

You do this every year, Trent.

I worry about the Chiefs. That's it.

Apr 24, 2024
  17. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 28, 2019
    Birds vs Patriots round 3

Apr 24, 2024
  18. Enigma

Aug 28, 2019
    Jacoby is weird... he’s not the worst of the best (Dalton) or best of the worst (Fitzpatrick). He’s like the worst of the mediocre lol which probably makes him the best back up in the league lol.

Apr 24, 2024
  19. dna hits

Aug 28, 2019
    Did you forget the Steelers kicked the Patriots a--- last year? If it wasn’t for Brown’s distractions and along with the drama with Bell. The Steelers would have easily won the AFC. And your hero Brady, finished 20th in qb’s last year lmfao that’s the bottom half in the league. And now the pats don’t have Gronk to lean on for first downs and game winning drives. You have a aging slot and more injury prone Edelman. And the pats could only score one f---ing time against the Rams lol Who should have never been in the super bowl. We all know the saints were the best team last year, and Brees would have mopped the pats with ease. I’m sorry but without Gronk, you guys will be struggling even with the Jets. Your lucky you’ve been in the most s--- division in the league for the past 15 years.

And for people who don’t know Fitz, he was basically calling Aron Hernandez a hero back in the day. He’s was raving him all up saying he’s the next huge tight end. And the patriots helped changed his ways. Only for him to s---t people just months after winning a super bowl. And now the Pats safety Chung is facing cocaine charges. The most shady and cheating football organization of all time.

Apr 24, 2024
  20. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Aug 28, 2019
    The one year you guys actually beat us, we WON THE SUPER BOWL LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Steelers last Super Bowl win was last year vs. the Pats LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Apr 24, 2024
Live Thread