MLB MLB Discussion Thread

Started by Rob B, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Head Bussa

Aug 19, 2019
    Cubs have got to get their s--- together on the road. They’re 41-19 at home and 25-39 on the road.

They took 2 out of 3 from the Pirates on the road over the weekend so that’s good...gotta keep that s--- going...not saying much beating the Buccos though...

Mar 28, 2024
  2. dna hits

Aug 19, 2019
    What are you trying to say with this line? A subliminal diss @Worm pm’d you to say?

Pirates should have won 2 out of those 3 games. And even losing a game to the pirates, at this point should be alarming for your cubs. The cubs aren’t a playoff team. They’re too s-----y. Pirates have the same or better batting lineup vs the Mets. Mets just have better pitching and that’s it. Plus I have McNeil in fantasy, and see he’s on the Ir 10 list. You guys will be struggling the rest of the season.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Aug 19, 2019
    Nice sweep over Texas for the twins, gotta take care of the White Sox now too.

Should hopefully be able to hold the Indians off, but d--- I wish they got another starting pitcher at the deadline..

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Head Bussa

Aug 19, 2019
    Nope, I can’t say I know @Worm

I was at the Pirates vs Cubs game on Saturday. Pirates left 32 runners on base. They’re the s-----y ones who can’t hit in crunch time.

Cubs are superb at home and awful on the road. If they get their s--- together on the road they’ll be a contender. Their next six games are at home. After that it’s a three game series @ Mets.

Lester was poised on the mound Saturday and if he continues pitching that well we’ll make the playoffs. He’s their leader and needs to remain confident. I can see them edging out the Cardinals and winning the NL Central.

Mar 28, 2024
  5. dna hits

Aug 19, 2019
    Lol and yikes at Lester being your best pitcher and “leader”. Sorry, but he’s a 2nd 3rd string pitcher on a good pitching team. You can say you don’t know worm. But others have said the same thing and before Ik once worm makes fun of one of my posts, those people randomly like them.

And cardinals alway have a major winning record in September. That’s when the team plays their best. Ik like 2 years ago they went 18-5 in September. I think the cardinals are still better overall. But they are getting older and the cubs may have a batting edge on them. Cubs will have to be clutch from now until September. I guess we’ll see.

And the pirates came back from a few 4-6 runs losing games and ended up tying or winning the game in the 9th inning. If they had 2 great pitchers, they would more than likely be winning the division. If pirates would end up getting rid of Bell and Marte for some s-----y prospects. I’m giving up on them and going to be a fan of the cardinals. Pirates better pay bell when his contract is up. Polanco is always hurt it seems so idk if you’d get much for him anymore. He still has great potential. Reynolds is arguably rookie of the year.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Head Bussa

Aug 19, 2019
    Lester is the team leader because he’s a 15 year veteran. He still has some solid pitching left in him. If the Cubs make the postseason other teams better watch out for Lester. He’s a beast in the playoffs

Kyle Hendricks is their best current starting pitcher @dna hits

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. dna hits

Aug 19, 2019
    Ok I get you now. I thought you mean you’d take him over Hendricks at first. Yeah with the veteran experience I see why you guys call him the leader. I’m not against the cubs at all. I hope them or the cardinals would win our league tbh. And so I can the pirates were in the toughest division this year. Lester does seem to be getting better as the year goes it seems tbh. Ik at the beginning of the year someone may have dropped him in fantasy (if I remember right) when he started off bad. But he’s been picked up a while ago. You guys have a few good and a great pitcher, plus some good power batters. And McNeil was a complete steal. I read his injury isn’t serious. The cardinals pitchers actually got older to where I don’t think they’re as good as the Mets pitching. It’s just the cards start hitting the ball well late August all through September. Especially when you look up their record for September’s.

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. dna hits

Aug 23, 2019
    @Head Bussa Your cubs are looking shaky right now. Your boy Lester gave up 2 runs in 3 innings lol. What happened to them going on a tear and having the dominance to tear every team up on their schedule the rest of the year? You were really high on them recently. Especially Lester. Were you stoned or drunk when you went on a rant how good they were after barely beating the pirates?

Big Mitch likes this.
    Big Mitch likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 23, 2019

[​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  10. dna hits

Aug 24, 2019
    You b------. You know I don’t like Gary Sanchez. In Cervellie’s prime, he was a way better catcher than Gary. I’ll admit, Gary May have a better bat, just because of his natural body build. But as a catcher, Cervelli will go down higher ranked than Sanchez. And it’s sad seeing Cervelli finally getting released. You probably planned this s--- on purpose, knowing you.

And I’m subscribed to that jomboy media on YouTube.

Mar 28, 2024
  11. dna hits

Aug 24, 2019
    Cubs and Yankees lost today. And the pirates are winning. Good day. @Head Bussa What’s happening to your cubs bruh, ever since you over hyped them up, they’re going on a losing streak.

And about time the strikeout machine Aaron Judge hits a HR. Still only got me 6 points but better than his usual 0 or 1 point game on fantasy. Judge may be one of the biggest flukes of all time honestly. Imagine if he continues playing this bad next year, he’ll be dropped or a AAA team will grab him. I don’t see how he fell off so bad. Unless he used steroids other years and not this year, idk maybe he was a 1-2 year wonder only.

Mar 28, 2024
  12. JEB

JEB

Aug 26, 2019
    If the Braves could lose a game, that would be sweet

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Aug 26, 2019
    Judge calling home runs pre game now like Ruth

Mar 28, 2024
  14. JEB

JEB

Sep 4, 2019
    That Nats comeback was epic

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Sep 4, 2019
    I literally walked away from the TV, Mets up 6 runs in the 9th. Figure they’ll probably give up a run or two but still win. Come back, Diaz punk a--- talking, Mets lose. That collapse was tragic. I’m glad Mets took the series but it should have been a sweep.

Worm likes this.
    Worm likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Sep 4, 2019
    That was the most Mets thing i've ever seen

Mar 28, 2024
  17. dna hits

Sep 4, 2019
    I’m not sure if anyone reported on Tyler Skaggs death. But it was an accidental overdose of course. After his recent surgeries, I figured he was already prescribed good pain medication. But someone gave him fentynal pressed s--- and he drank alcohol that night of his death. Whoever sold him the fentynal will be going to prison within the next year. It’s sad, and he was actually one of my fantasy baseball pitchers.

And you would think if he was prescribed oxy and they had some dealer giving them fent, that not only Skaggs on the team is using. Multiple of their players in a circle obviously were helping each other out when someone’s script ran low or giving a pitcher extra during a start. It’s currently a team investigation so I’m sure whoever else on the team used with him had to give up whoever gave the fentynal pressed s---.

Give the irresponsible d--- dealers who sell fake oxycodones life in prison for killing people. If you’re going to sell anything to anyone in the mlb, just sell steroids or weed.
    When I was drunk one game right by the opposing teams warm up batting box me and few friends would wait for a dude that looked like he smoked and would yell you smoke mids you lick. The one dude with dreads actually looked up at us and mouthed off a few times. I can’t remember who it was though. And another player after getting out on first we were saying you smoke sticks and k2 he looked up and said some s--- but we couldn’t hear with the noise going on. Security made us leave bottom of the 7th. Kicked out of one mlb game and got kicked out at the end of a penguins game vs the flyers. I got too drunk and took Valium and family was even with me making them look dumb too but my dads friend a school teacher walked out with me to the hotel we were staying at. Benzos and alcohol isn’t a good mix after you have like 10 beers before the game.

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Sep 19, 2019
    Back on top

Mar 28, 2024
  19. Tone Riggz

Sep 25, 2019
    Mets officially eliminated. They played better in the 2nd half but that 1st half hole they dug for themselves was too big. I am glad that deGrom had another Cy Young caliber year and the emergence of Pete Alonso. He might still break the rookie HR record and he should be ROY. Bullpen, particularly Familia and Diaz, really hurt this team. Mets need to focus on the bullpen, the hitting is there, starters are there for the most part.

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Tone Riggz

Sep 28, 2019
    New rookie HR record

dna hits likes this.
    dna hits likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
Live Thread