NFL NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Kevin, Nov 23, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Oct 14, 2019
    Did a $10 parlay bet yesterday taking the Texans, Saints, Cardinals, 49ers, and the f---ing dinky a--- Titans. Would have won over $700. f--- Mariota

Enigma and Buddha like this.
    Enigma and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Oct 14, 2019
    They’re both probably done but I’d still advocate Winston has some upside. He can make all the big throws down the field but he constantly gets himself into turnover trouble because of his aggressiveness. I’d argue that’s largely due to the Bucs almost always playing from behind. Winston constantly has to throw the ball to keep the Bucs in games & that type of volume will inevitably lead to a lot of turnovers. If he was on a team that didn’t constantly require him to be Superman, he has the talent to be a high quality starter.

Trent has figured out how to win in the NFL guys. Just hand the ball off to your RB every down & you win! 4 yards per rush attempt is the NFL average lol.

Not blaming Zeke at all tbh.

This could be true & it’s a large part of the reason why we’ve loss the last 3 games.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Oct 14, 2019
    We cut Zach Brown's scrub a---. Hopefully this means a move is coming

Mar 28, 2024
  4. JMG

JMG Teflon

Oct 14, 2019
    Christian Mccaffery is the best RB right now. f--- Zeke.. He isnt even trying after getting paid. Hes the next Eddie Lacey.. Fat f---

Mar 28, 2024
  5. dna hits

Oct 14, 2019
    So you’re admitting Dak was overrated and just an average qb? Maybe below average tbh, but I want to see more from him first before saying that. Don’t tell me you’re trying to pull a skip bayless saying their management and owners not giving Dak the money is effecting his game. That’s a terrible excuse lmao. I still think Dak has potential to be their franchise qb for years to come tbh. The cowboys secondary should be playing better too. And the o-line should be better or get some people in the off season. Dak got crushed some plays, after throwing the football. The line needs to make better running routes for Zeke and more pass protection. To be serious watching the game yesterday, I think it’s more of the offensives line fault Dak didn’t do as well not putting up points. But you know sport analysts and podcast will blame the qb first for views and to make arguments.

Mar 28, 2024
  6. dna hits

Oct 14, 2019
    Mccaffery definitely is the best RB in the league. That’s not even debatable. He can catch, run amazing pass routes and run the ball wherever. I’d still say Bell is the most athletic rb. The way he can make people miss making them look stupid and can hurdle over people really well takes very good feet work. Bell has the best feet work. If Chubb played on a better team than the Browns, he would have even more yards and is a top 5 maybe top 4 RB. Fantasy pros really know their s---. They had Chubb ranked number 4th overall, before the year started. I was a little hesitant, but they were right. ESPN is lazy and bases everything off last years season and didn’t have Chubb in like the top 15. I’d draft Christian over Barkley in a heart beat.

Mar 28, 2024
  7. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Oct 14, 2019
    @Enigma I agree with what you said about Winston

@dna hits sorry for not answering you earlier but i would keep hopkins if i were you.......especially with the texans starting to hit on all cylinders

speaking of runnings backs........don't forget about that dalvin cook guy :emoji_wink:

dna hits and Enigma like this.
    dna hits and Enigma like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Buddha

Oct 14, 2019
    NFL teams are 90-1 since 1991 when they win time of possession, total yards, turnovers, pick up 25 first downs, and convert at least 10 or more 3rd down attempts.

Dallas’ loss to the Jets on Sunday is the one loss.

I thought this statistic was interesting. I think the Jets are better than their record indicates. They have Darnold back and will probably rip off some wins over the next month or so which will make Dallas loss not look as bad.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Oct 14, 2019
    @Packman and @Motor City your teams are on right now.

How do you feel about how your teams have looked so far this season?

Mar 28, 2024
  10. dna hits

Oct 14, 2019
    Well in that league I still have Devante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Diggs, Kirk and Scantling. My best running back is Aaron Jones who has been tearing it up recently but off to a bad start after fumbling the football tonight. So I think I could get by on wideouts without him. Derrick Henry is my next starter who has decent weeks then bad weeks. I can start playing Coleman instead now that he’s on fire, since he’s healthy now and looks great. And Penny for when Carson gets hurt. And s-----y Kenyan Drake, but he is the starter. I hate to get rid of Hopkins for Carson, but if I do I have Carson’s backup in case of a injury. Im sure someone will take Hopkins. I’m even thinking about Le’veon Bell. But at the end of the day, Hopkins has a higher ceiling.

I’m just afraid Watson is ignoring him almost every play since he’s being double covered and just throwing to other receivers. But now that the Texans are on fire, I’m not getting rid of Hopkins for a average running back like Conner for example.

Mar 28, 2024
  11. Enigma

Oct 15, 2019
    Can’t wait for the Cowboys to totally ignore the Eagles weak secondary & fully commit to running the ball straight at fletcher cox for 60 minutes.

You ready for this offense @Boos lmaooo

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Oct 15, 2019
    Any team that doesn’t throw the ball on every down against us is idiotic. Literally, every down. Our corners are a---. Douglas is too slow and should be a safety and Sidney Jones is just a b----. Never thought I’d be happy for the day Jalen Mills is back starting but here we are lol

Mar 28, 2024
  13. dna hits

Oct 15, 2019

LMAO. This is the first time I ever saw Skip break his troll character and actually get emotional about the cowboys losing. Once he brought up the refs to partly blame, he automatically lost the argument. The referees are told by the NFL commissioner to favor the cowboys, since they draw views or at least use to back in the day.

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Oct 15, 2019
    f---ing p---- a--- Roseman. I f---ing hate you pull the trigger you f---ing b----. God d---. Offer two first round picks. Three for all I care because you can't draft for s---, you're only good for making numbers work for the cap. f---

The Product and Buddha like this.
    The Product and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. dna hits

Oct 15, 2019
    f---ing Boos been wishing painful things to refs recently. Even talked down on his hero Wentz a few weeks ago. f--- he’s a walking time bomb. I hope he didn’t move to the ghetto in Philly or he’ll be popping some rounds soon. I think you need prescribed a benzo for your anger Boos. I use to be hot headed too. But now I’m always positive, don’t get mad or get no enjoyment out of trolling. If you pay my former Syrian Doctor cash in greensburg, I can hook you up with anything really. You just have to tell him in person that I sent you. PM me if you’re seriously thinking about it and I can give you his cell number. Or I can link you to him on Facebook messenger. That’s completely legal to be friends with your doctor online and talking to him regularly. No wonder the DEA waited until me and him were talking one on one when they raided us.

Anyways, no f---ing way Cowboys are beating the eagles. Wentz is a better qb. They hit Dak around some and he’ll fold just like he did against the Jets. I will say the jets aren’t as bad as people think. I’m thinking about picking them over the Patriots this week tbh. They usually play the pats hard one of their 2 games a year. With their starting QB back; It’s taking a lot of pressure off of Bell. Bell is still the most athletic rb who has the best feet dancing around defenders. Now the defenses just can’t stack the box against him every game.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Oct 15, 2019
    lmao

Mar 28, 2024
  17. dna hits

Oct 15, 2019
    What’s Coopers current status btw? I thought about trading for him, but not if he’s going to be out for more than 2 weeks. Skip said he hopes and thinks it may just be a bad bruise. But last game cooper got hurt on what, like the 1st catch? Dak does make Cooper look like an elite receiver and that’s not debatable. Other than Cooper Kupp, id say Cooper would have to be a top 3 WR this year for the most receptions. That hurts a qb when you lose your best target. Just look at Brady without Gronk.

But honestly, If Zeke is running well against the eagles. I’d mainly run the clock down and give it to him other than long 2 and 3rd downs you need to make. And shake it up some and hit Cooper. If they can’t stop Zeke, then that’s going to make them mainly watch Zeke with Cooper and Gallup open. Isn’t your best starting tackle out for now? Maybe 2 linemen out from what I remember hearing? I agreed with Skip on the part that was the first game in a while where I saw a qb get drilled hard repeatedly. My own body would hurt thinking about it, plus with my already herniated disc problems and my SI joint is f----- and doing physical therapy for 4 weeks then my surgeon will have my mri’s done and see if it’s time to open me up. I’ll still give credit to Dak like I did last week not just giving up 2nd half and still played hard.

I also agreed on the part where people said it seems they aren’t mentally fired up for the first series of the game. They don’t know if it’s a coaching problem, locker room problem or whatever it is. You have to be mentally ready and focused. If Cowboys do miss the playoffs this year, I’d honestly want the head coach fired. He’s responsible to have his team mentally prepared, focused and pumped up for the very first series. Something isn’t right with them atm.

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Kevin

Kevin Migo

Oct 15, 2019
    Keep your weirdo junkie babbling out of my f---ing thread or I’ll ban you from it you f---ing cuc.

Mar 28, 2024
  19. dna hits

Oct 15, 2019
    Stfu you fat f---. I ran you off for like a month and you randomly come back to try and beef because of how relevant I am, which makes you jealous. That’s so cool you were one of the very first users who signed up on sxn80 to make a NFL thread anyone could have made. You were probably mentally broken downing poor mans beer bud lite when sl was down until this site popped up. You f---ing 40 year old geek, SNITCH, bum a--- drunking father

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Enigma

Oct 15, 2019
    Wanna play a game? Take a shot every time Dallas runs on 1st and 10 on Sunday. I swear I'm going to lose my fucken mind watching this team for the rest of the season lol. What was the point of promoting Kellen Moore if Jason Garrett was just going to take over the offense not even a quarter into the season. #FreeKellenMoore

Doubtful I think.

Boos and dna hits like this.
    Boos and dna hits like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
Live Thread