Chrollo recommends unknown artists he discovered: a thread

Started by Chrollo, Jan 9, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 9, 2020
    I don't know why I'm makin this thread but I feel like contributing more to this forum. Will try to update this thread as often as possible (possibly every Friday, not limited to only rap artists). Feel free to state your opinion and if you think they will have a future. Starting with...

10cellphones

10cellphones is an North Carolina based emcee. His most popular song right now is LEAN and what can I say, the youtube algorithm did it's thing when it got recommended to me. His other songs b--- too, to quote a Youtube comment: Bra got tha formula he jus need a push.

Billyracxx

Ok, so this dude is nuts. He is different, I just haven't figured out yet if he's trying too hard to be different or if that's just himself. Anyways I love his songs and the vibe they got. At first listen it might be a little bit unsatisfying because you would expect different, flow-wise and all that, but after some time you are starting to dig his music. He has a website where he basically describes himself and his craft (very confidently) so I won't do this here. I discovered him through CHASETHEMONEY who produced a couple of his songs. To quote a youtube comment from DEADFRIENDS: I was weirdly attracted to this idk why but i like it

JBrisko

JBrisko is mad talented and probably on of my favorites, that I have discovered so far. I admit some of his songs do have an strong early XXXTentacion influence but he is definitely not a clone. He has so many amazing songs (couldn't even decide which one to post). As far as I know he hasn't made a project yet but he will release one called "Midnight Dasher" independently soon. He has a handful of songs on Youtube, Spotify and Soundcloud tho. I linked my favorites in this post (How It Goes is f---ing beautiful, like d---). A youtuber which name I can't recall anymore put Night Show in their endcard and so I got into his stuff. To quote a youtube comment from said song: TOO UNDERRATED.... WHY.

EDIT: I can't link any more media in OP

01/24: Terror Jr #15
    01/30: 438 Tok #17
    02/07: Amen Deniro #18
    02/16: Chavo #19
    02/23: Creek Boyz #22
    02/29: Vory #24
    03/07: Villain Park #28
    03/25: Dee Watkins #32
    03/28: Melvoni #39
    05/26: Slatt Zy #40
    07/10: Nimic Revenue #42
    07/22: redveil #50
    07/26: AG Club #53
    09/15: KennyHoopla #55
    09/20 Gab3 #60
    12/21 Baby 9eno #61
    01/27 Ducey Gold #64

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Slyk, Nirket, Sav Stanfield and 6 others like this.
    Slyk, Nirket, Sav Stanfield and 6 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 9, 2020
    Obligatory comment to get this s--- poppin

Sav Stanfield and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Jan 9, 2020
    The thread this site needs

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 10, 2020
    WE GOT ANOTHER ONE...

...Billyracxx

Ok, so this dude is nuts. He is different, I just haven't figured out yet if he's trying too hard to be different or if that's just himself. Anyways I love his songs and the vibe they got. At first listen it might be a little bit unsatisfying because you would expect different, flow-wise and all that, but after some time you are starting to dig his music. He has a website where he basically describes himself and his craft (very confidently) so I won't do this here. I discovered him through CHASETHEMONEY who produced a couple of his songs. To quote a youtube comment from DEADFRIENDS: I was weirdly attracted to this idk why but i like it

Ordinary Joel and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 10, 2020
    Gr8 thread! Gonna look thru this

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Sav Stanfield

Jan 10, 2020
    @awhellno this is the kinda s--- i f---in love

10cellphones is fire! Definitely wanna check out what other s--- he's done. From the songs you posted that comment sums him up perfectly, he ticks all the boxes, he can probably do really well given enough exposure.

Billyracxx is just... wow. It sounds like Playboi Carti meets Zillakami lmao. And his videos are mental. I need to let this s--- sink in but I'm liking it. Any full project recommendations for either?

Ordinary Joel, Chrollo and Lil Squeed like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Chrollo and Lil Squeed like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 10, 2020
    You should definitely check out Billyracxx latest album "Religion" since this is the direction he is going for.

With 10cellphones it's kinda a "Pick what you like". He hasn't really made a cohesive album or anything. The albums he has on spotify and the Long Leg Ep weren't that exciting, his singles are way superior. I'm confident he will drop a good project in the future tho.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. Sav Stanfield

Jan 11, 2020
    Im on it. And you say Chasethemoney produced some of his s---? double in.

Chrollo likes this.
    Chrollo likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 17, 2020
    Ok so new week, new artist. Lemme know if I should recommend two artists per week, since most of them barely have output or that many songs.

JBrisko

JBrisko is mad talented and probably on of my favorites, that I have discovered so far. I admit some of his songs do have an strong early XXXTentacion influence but he is definitely not a clone. He has so many amazing songs (couldn't even decide which one to post). As far as I know he hasn't made a project yet but he will release one called "Midnight Dasher" independently soon. He has a handful of songs on Youtube, Spotify and Soundcloud tho. I linked my favorites in this post (How It Goes is f---ing beautiful, like d---). A youtuber which name I can't recall anymore put Night Show in their endcard and so I got into his stuff. To quote a youtube comment from said song: TOO UNDERRATED.... WHY.

Mar 28, 2024
  10. Sav Stanfield

Jan 18, 2020
    been waitin on this @awhellno . Gonna check this out today

Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 18, 2020
    Preciate the love :emoji_raised_hands:

Mar 28, 2024
  12. Sav Stanfield

Jan 18, 2020
    Uzi/Trippie influence is STRONG. nothing jaw-dropping but he's dope. Would like to see him do his own thing more rather than riding those artists' wave.

Came across an earlier track from 2018, which I really liked.

Mar 28, 2024
  13. Sav Stanfield

Jan 18, 2020
    please keep it up king. this forum needs s--- like this.

Mar 28, 2024
  14. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 18, 2020
    I agree with you. I'm just a sucker for this type of music lmao. And this song slaps, didn't even know this one.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 24, 2020
    No Hip Hop artist this week, but an amazing pop group instead. I hope that they will become big soon, because right now they are criminally underrated. Without further redo I present you...

Terror Jr

Terror Jr was founded by The Cataracs band member David "Campa" Benjamin Singer-Vine, Lisa Vitale (whose identity was unknown for a while, people even thought Kylie Jenner was the singer because she posted a few songs on snapchat or whatever lol), and Felix Snow, who left the group in 2017. So Felix Snow was the reason I got into this group, because I'm a huge fan of his music and they absolutely rocked it. Their first project was Bop City and it has Felix Snow written all over it. The production is simplistic yet amazing, but it's still unapologetically pop. Their music is groovy, you can vibe to it, dance to it, it makes you feel good. Check it out for yourself. Bop City and Unfortunately, Terror Jr are projects that you should check out first, there are no bad songs on it, I swear. With Unfortunately, Terror Jr they proved, that they can also do it without Felix Snow. Next week, we go back to Hip Hop and might even visit the worlds biggest real life GTA server: Florida.

Bonus for people, who want to check out Felix Snow

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 24, 2020
    Too much media for OP, I need to figure something out lol

Mar 28, 2024
  17. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Jan 30, 2020
    SInce I won't have time tomorrow, I'mma drop another artist today. Up next we got Florida native
    438 Tok

Straight from Orlando, FL, emerges a new talent: 438 Tok. He had some collabs with 9lokknine and made some buzz with his tape "438 Babies" with Rico Cartel, but the song that's reallybeen putting me on, was "Percolator". I had that s--- on repeat for the longest time. Say what you want about his other stuff, but this song alone deserves him some recognition, what a b-----r. This is as floridian as it gets. If you like this type of music you should give him a spin, otherwise he might not be for you. I linked some of my faves in this post. To quote a youtube comment from "Percolator": Beat slaps like an abusive husband.​

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Feb 7, 2020
    This weeks entry is a lil bit softer again. Dude goes by the name of
    Amen Deniro

Shoutout Elevator for putting me on. Yeah, I have not much to say about this dude, who is a french canadian artist btw . He is not really consistent with releasing songs, hence there are not many of them, but the ones I found are pretty good. Has a frank ocean type of vibe mixed with some PartyNextDoor, so a pretty good combination if u ask me. I feel like with more songs like "Off The Liquor", and some push, he can be a big player one day.

EDIT: Apparently he is releasing one song per month in 2020, so by the end of the year we will have an album lol. Off The Liquor ist the first entry.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Feb 16, 2020
    Was busy this weekend but I ain't forget. I know that this thread is basically me talking to myself right now, but I will still continue to post new artists as frequently as possible. If it helps someone to find new s--- to listen to, it's worth it. This weeks artist has Pi'erre Bourne on his side, but is still flying under the radar:

Chavo

So y'all might know that Pi'erre is part of a creative group/label called SossHouse, where Chavo is also a part of. He is a rapper from Atlanta and one of the more unknown artists that frequently collaborates with Pi'erre (others would be Frazier Trill and Jelly, who has a new album executive produced by Pi'erre called 'The Wolf Of Peachtree" out, which I would also recommend). I'm not super confident how Chavo's career will turn out though. I feel like I would not listen to him if there was no Pi'erre production, but he definitely fits it very well and has a nice flow. Projects you should check out are 'Hood Luva Vol. 1' and 'Mixed Emotions w/ Pi'erre'. Also check his soundcloud, there might be some gems on there.

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Sav Stanfield

Feb 16, 2020
    I like this dude. Definitely right that he's got the style and flow down, wasn't sure about the first few songs but Thankful and Bet Cool got me. Really dope. I'd actually like to hear him on some different production, Pierre is great and all but would be interesting to hear him flowing over something a little darker.

Zeugma, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Zeugma, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024